Home

Hockey Down on the Bayou: The Story of the Rivermen

This is a discussion on Hockey Down on the Bayou: The Story of the Rivermen within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-13-2016, 09:05 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Hockey Down on the Bayou: The Story of the Rivermen

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Like me, you're struggling to make the playoffs. I kinda like it. Do you play each game like me?
I like seasons like this. I try to keep the difficulty level high enough to where I can't dominate the league. Those are boring.

And yes. Every game thus far. So this offense is clearly on me haha.

I'm about to drop a 4th straight. Down 2-0 in the 3rd. Ugh.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:28 PM   #18
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs
I like seasons like this. I try to keep the difficulty level high enough to where I can't dominate the league. Those are boring.

And yes. Every game thus far. So this offense is clearly on me haha.

Love it...we're in the same boat. Lol
Old 10-13-2016, 09:28 PM   #19
Rookie

NORivermen.COM

Steam Up...River Down

Huge Third Period Spurs Rivermen Out of Slump

Victor Rask scores first goal of third period, starts late rally

With 15 minutes left in the game, the Rivermen were down two goals on the road against Toronto. With the lackluster goal scoring recently, it felt like a foregone conclusion that the Rivermen would lose again. Then it happened. Victor Rask scored a goal which brought the Rivermen within one. The air was out of the Air Canada Center. But the job was not done. The game got very dicey as late in the game, the Leafs took two undisciplined penalties. It was on this powerplay where the Rivermen made a statement.

Sitting on a 5-on-3 and having not scored on their last 8 power plays, the Rivermen got a good cycle going. Manning the point? Victor Rask. Rask sent a wrister on net towards Anderson when out of no where, Vincent Trocheck streaked across the slot to deflect the goal home. The game looked destined for OT for the Rivermen for a 2nd straight game.

Fast forward to the last 10 seconds of the game. Pinned in their zone, the Leafs desperately attempted to scramble and get the puck out. A bad angle shot from Teravainen heads towards the net where captain, Tyler Johnson, deflects the goal home. New Orleans would hold on the last handful of seconds for a very hard fought and well earned win against Toronto, scoring all 3 goals in the 3rd period.

Korpisalo had another decent game in net, saving 14 shots while yelinging 2 goals, one of which was a defensive breakdown that he had no real chance at.

3 Stars:
* Victor Rask (1g, 1a)
** Tyler Johnson (1g)
*** Joffrey Lupul (1g)
Old 10-13-2016, 09:33 PM   #20
Rookie

Old 10-13-2016, 09:35 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Love it...we're in the same boat. Lol
Haha I see that! I've been following yours as well. I love the video highlights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 10:26 PM   #22
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs

Looks like you avoided that

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Old 10-13-2016, 10:50 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickflyers
Looks like you avoided that
Very...very luckily. I was immensely frustrated there. I had dominated the previous 5 periods and couldn't score a goal.

Finally broke through! Hope to keep it up here. Big game against Detroit next.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:28 AM   #24
Rookie

New Orleans Times
December 2, 2017
By: Ken Dubois

Rivermen Start Streak, Beat Detroit 3-1

Tyler Johnson scores his 7th of the year on a deflection in the 2nd period

The Rivermen seem to finally be hitting a stride with their win over Detroit on Tuesday. The Rivermen dominated most of the game, winning 3-1 over Detroit. The game was rarely in doubt, as the Rivermen went up 2-0 in the second with goals from Joakim Nordstrom (3rd) and Tyler Johnson (7th). Strong play by Korpisalo in the Rivermen net (21 saves on 22 shots) helped to nail down the win.

The biggest difference in the Rivermen game lately seems to be the new line of Nordsrom, Trochek and Lindholm. Joakim Nordstrom has points in evey game but once since moving on the line, Trochek potted his 7th goal today assisted by Lindholm, who also has points in his last 4. Having a second line of offense has really opened up the Rivermen's game. Coach Peters said after the game that he's, "been very impressed with Joakim's game since being elevated from the 4th line to the 2nd. [Joakim's] been something of an energizer on that line. He's making it move, opening up space."

The Rivermen now have 5 points in their last 6 games and 12 points in their last 10 game and have pulled within 4 points of the Devils who hold a wildcard spot and the 5th place in the Metro division. While the Rivermen lag greatly behind the Penguins at 41 points and the lead, they are working their way into the hunt for the playoffs. Their next game will be at home against the Buffalo Sabers, who are currently streaking, picking up 14 points in their last 10 games, with 7 wins.

3 Stars:
* J. Korpisalo (21sv)
** J. Nordstrom (1g)
*** T. Johnson (1g)

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 10-14-2016 at 12:30 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »