Home

Catching Lightning in a Bottle: A NHL 12 Tampa Bay Dynasty

This is a discussion on Catching Lightning in a Bottle: A NHL 12 Tampa Bay Dynasty within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Catching Lightning in a Bottle: A NHL 12 Tampa Bay Dynasty

Great pickups - though Brennan in my dynasty ended up being more of an offensive asset then a tough guy.

Hope they work out for you.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #10
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp05
Great pickups - though Brennan in my dynasty ended up being more of an offensive asset then a tough guy.

Hope they work out for you.
I thought he was just another goon, maybe he'll turn out to be like Neil for me. But with 90 Strength, 90 Fighting, and 88 Body Checking he was just what I was looking for to add toughness to my team.
GLES - USC

Old 04-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #11
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

AROUND THE NHL: DMAN ON THE MOVE
October 10th, 2011
NHL.COM

The NHL can be a strange place sometimes, and players never truly feel comfortable without a coveted 'No Trade Clause'. The uncertainly became quite apparent when in the course of 2 days two teams put a top 4 defenseman on waivers. First, it was the Vancouver Canucks parting ways with stalwart defender Sami Salo by placing him on waivers. Salo has played the last 8 seasons in Van City and was a fan favorite. Salo was claimed by the Dallas Stars.

The second occurrence happened when the Philadelphia Flyers waived Kimmo Timonen. Timonen has spent the last 4 seasons with the Flyers but recently the Flyers were running out of cap space and was already crowded at the defensive position. With no offers coming forth for the aging offensive defenseman he was waived and picked up by Colorado.

GLES - USC

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS_AK27
I thought he was just another goon, maybe he'll turn out to be like Neil for me. But with 90 Strength, 90 Fighting, and 88 Body Checking he was just what I was looking for to add toughness to my team.
Well it was over 4 years with my chise. But I hope he fits in well for you.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS_AK27
AROUND THE NHL: DMAN ON THE MOVE
October 10th, 2011
NHL.COM

The NHL can be a strange place sometimes, and players never truly feel comfortable without a coveted 'No Trade Clause'. The uncertainly became quite apparent when in the course of 2 days two teams put a top 4 defenseman on waivers. First, it was the Vancouver Canucks parting ways with stalwart defender Sami Salo by placing him on waivers. Salo has played the last 8 seasons in Van City and was a fan favorite. Salo was claimed by the Dallas Stars.

The second occurrence happened when the Philadelphia Flyers waived Kimmo Timonen. Timonen has spent the last 4 seasons with the Flyers but recently the Flyers were running out of cap space and was already crowded at the defensive position. With no offers coming forth for the aging offensive defenseman he was waived and picked up by Colorado.

Wow, got love the cpu.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 15

Love to see a Tampa dynasty. I nearly picked Tampa Bay over Buffalo to start my franchise just because of Stamkos, so I'll be following this one closely.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #15
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block M
Love to see a Tampa dynasty. I nearly picked Tampa Bay over Buffalo to start my franchise just because of Stamkos, so I'll be following this one closely.
Thanks for following, I am having a lot of fun playing as Tampa and Stamkos has been amazing for me so far, definitely a lot different then playing as Ottawa.
GLES - USC

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #16
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

INJURY TO ST. LOUIS COULD SPELL TROUBLE FOR THE BOLTS
October 13th, 2011
NHL.COM

In a 3-0 Shutout victory over the New York Islanders, the Lightning lost a key player to the team in Marty St. Louis when Islander defender Jurcina tripped him up as the pair raced for an iced puck. St. Louis went feet first into the boards and was slow getting up, he eventually was helped off the ice with the help of his teammates.

There was no call on the play, which infuriated Lightning coach Guy Boucher. He responded by putting out his 4th line the next shift and Brennan rightly challenged Jurcina, but he declined and skated away. Brennan then ran Tavares hard into the boards, which resulted in a scrum and Brennan dropped the gloves with Parenteau, which was a big mistake because he got destroyed and was left a bloody mess.

X-rays later shown that St. Louis has a broken ankle which will keep him out of the lineup for quite awhile. He is expected to miss the next 7-8 weeks. Hall, who has been a healthy scratch all season will be activated to take his roster spot.

AROUND THE NHL

The New Jersey Devils have claimed Goaltender Devon Dubnyk off waivers from Edmonton.
GLES - USC

Last edited by SENS_AK27; 04-12-2012 at 08:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »