Home

Moose141's Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL 12)

This is a discussion on Moose141's Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL 12) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-21-2011, 02:46 AM   #33
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Moose141's Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL 12)

IceTime Vol. 2: Pens Defense Goes Missing Against Isles, Leafs

I have no idea what it is, but the after 10 or so games of little offense, the CPU decided to just thrash me for a couple games. Also, Brent Johnson is terrible, don't expect him to see the net again anytime soon.

Story: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampa...e141&sport=nhl

Enjoy!

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 12-23-2011, 02:27 AM   #34
MVP

moose141's Arena

IceTime Vol. 3: NHL Top 10 of November
NOVEMBER 1, 2011

NHL.com Top 10 Stories as November Dawns

1. Toronto? That's the squad leading the Eastern Conference race one month into the campaign. The Leafs are 8-3 for 16 points, led by Phil Kessel's 13 points and seven total players with 10+ points already. And to make matters worse, Ottawa is right behind them, with 16 points and a 7-3-2 record. O Canada...

2. Same old, same old in the West: Vancouver holds the early crown in the NHL yet again, posting an 8-2-1 mark in October, closely followed by San Jose (8-2-0) (like we haven't seen that before?)

3. Shakeups in the East: Teams like Ottawa, Winnipeg, and New York (yes, the Islanders), find themselves in the playoff eight early in the campaign while the Capitals, Rangers, Sabres, Bruins, and Flyers are all looking in from the outside. That can't last all season can it?

4. Motivated Malkin: Evgeni Malkin looked like a new man coming into the season, and after a slow start has shown it, scoring a multitude of goals in the past week to push his league-leading total to 10.

5. Columbus Light Show: The Blue Jackets are lighting the twine, with Jeff Carter settling into a tie for fourth in the NHL scoring race with 15 points. Kristian Huselius is tied for second in the league with 8 goals and 16 points (third), while the Blue Jackets sit just outside eighth place in the West.

6. Stanley Cup Hangover? The Bruins have struggled mightily to start the year, with all-world goalie Tim Thomas posting a pedestrian .905 save % and 2.81 GAA, and no one scoring more than three goals for the B's. it's led them to a 3-5-2 start that sits them 13th in the East.

7. Strong Netminding: Goaltenders had a fantastic month, with 7 netminders all registering save %'s of .930 or higher, and 8 with GAAs below 2. Roberto Luongo leads the way with a .951 and 1.43, respectively.

8. Crosby Watch: Sidney Crosby has been out since early January with concussion symptoms, but has been cleared for contact and eyes a potential return sometime this month. With significant more off time between games, the team will be able to judge his progress with more certainty.

9. Flight of the Jets: With the move from much maligned Atlanta, the Jets have started anew and sit tied for the divison lead in the Southeast with Carolina, tied with 15 points apiece.

10. Coaches on the Hot Seat? With slow starts in Anaheim, Washington, Philly, and Calgary, expect to potentially see coaches on the move in near future if their team's prospects don't start looking up.

Up Next in IceTime

The Pens head to San Jose and Los Angeles for a West Coast roadtrip after having four days to regroup from their overtime loss in Toronto. Be sure to catch any news that comes out as the Pens make the quest for their fourth Stanley Cup championship.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
Old 12-23-2011, 06:29 AM   #35
Pro

woooo go leafs!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 10:56 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 17

I concure with Dynasty.

Graet write ups moose, very interesting.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #37
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

OVR: 17

Like the write ups Moose, good stuff.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #38
Pro

johnnyrocks's Arena

OVR: 9

As much as you write about the Boston Bruins one tiny bit gets me angry, lol. The Stanley Cup was more favoured by the Bruins.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:06 AM   #39
MVP

moose141's Arena

Thanks for the feedback fellas, I've been playing through lately but just hadn't put my latest update over here. Will do it now, and I'm currently playing through December right now be sure to be on the lookout for that.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:09 AM   #40
MVP

moose141's Arena

Lord of the Rinks: Return of the King

Decided to bring Crosby back the same date as he came back in real life. Should he be absolutely flattened in a game, I may take the realistic approach and remove him again. However, I think I'll just roll with it and he's back unless he gets some other injury in the game.

Enjoy!

Link: http://www.dynastynation.net/clubhou...e141&sport=nhl

Also, be sure to check out the dynasty, as I will be posting the November monthly recap tomorrow at some point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »