Home

The Next Nied, an NHL 09 BAP.

This is a discussion on The Next Nied, an NHL 09 BAP. within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-27-2009, 12:42 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: The Next Nied, an NHL 09 BAP.

nice start, bro.

good luck with this one.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:48 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinderhizzle84
nice start, bro.

good luck with this.
Good to hear Mr.Legendary BAP comments. Bare with me, it is,, of course, my first.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:06 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltsBananza91
fixed. and sorry man but it was that I had you from the Devils dynasty and I just used you because you'd be in it anyway, sorry.
Sweet. thanks for the fix. and no worries. lets get another update!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #12
Banned

Finding an agent is one of the hardest things I have ever done, who do you get? Can he get you enough money? Do you want one with good publicity? Those were questions that ran through my head when I was looking. The painful thing is I couldn't find one. What if I couldn't do something my uncle and dad have done as well as many other players? Would I have to be my own agent? The last guy I talked to was a great friend of my dad, Kevin Epp, his agent. Epp was as good a back up plan as I could have asked for, but, the idea of being my own agent grew on me. I decided to have a meeting with Epp my father and my mom Lisa. Epp said the since he has great connections especially with New Jersey and Anaheim he could help me rise in the rankings as well as set me up some training sessions with former NHL'ers, and that convinced me to sign on the dotted line to hire him as my agent. I have an agent.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #13
Banned

Day 1 of training,
Trainer, No other than Scott Niedermayer.

Was it weird having my dad go into insane NHL trainer on me? Yes. But, I liked it. If he'd done that the minute I agreed to play for Kamloops of the WHL, I would have been as good as he was then, maybe he didn't want me to face those comparisons. We started off with passing drills at the local rink. he'd dump the puck in, want me to pick it up and fire one to center ice quickly. We did that for half an hour. The next thing we did was one timers. I'd sit in the middle of the point wait for the pass and wire it. We did that for half an hour before changing to passing one timers. That went for 45 minutes. The final thing we did was half rink 1 on 1. he won 9-4 leaving me sweating.

Day 2,
Trainer, Chris Pronger and George Parros.

They had me do board play, checking, fighting, and net clearing. We started with board play. I had to pin Pronger and get the puck to Parros. I failed miserably, but I did succeed once. The next thing that we did was checking. I had to slow down Parros when he was coming in. Chris taught me that you don't always have to go for the big hit but just enough to slow him up and take the puck. I succeeded in the end but it took some training. Fighting was what scared me, Me versus Parros. Parros showed me the best techniques. We didn't stay on that too long because I wasn't expected to fight. We went to net clearing, Parros would screen, and Pronger would shoot. I would have to move Parros for PRonger to get the clear shot. It was hard, but I found if I got my leg behind his and pushed, I could turn him and clear some net. Then day 2 was done.

2 days 3 players 7 drills and one one on one, what's next?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 12

Cool man, liked the updates!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:55 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbey9
Cool man, liked the updates!
I have more in my room due to me doing devils right now too sooo soon 2 games in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 01:40 AM   #16
Banned

The 3rd and final day of training,
Expert, Richard Matvichuk,

Today was one solidly driven day of shot blocking with Richard Matvichuk. Matvichuk likes to dive to block a shot which is what he had me do. He said, “If you can stop your goalie from having to make a save, do it.” I figure I wound up bruising places I didn’t know I had because I spent a whole hour doing it. The good news is I was a new man for the Blazers memorial cup game, a game that would be my last. In that game, I scored, assisted on one, and blocked 15 shots to clinch the cup. Fast forward to the draft, it’s a sunny day great weather and we’re crammed inside. I jumped from 45th-15th over one season. I waited for the call, Carey 1, Gibson 2, Harrison 3, King 4, and Larson 5. Skip to the 15th pick. “With the 15th pick in the 08 draft,” Burke announced, “The Anaheim Ducks are proud to select Andrew Niedermayer of the Kamloops Blazers.” I Got up, hugged my parents and uncle and walked to the stage while taking off my suit jacket. When I got to the stage I shook everyone’s hands threw the jersey on and put the cap on. I was on my way to the NHL, I was a Duck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »