Home

Legends Sports Universe Hockey League (Reboot using NHL23)

This is a discussion on Legends Sports Universe Hockey League (Reboot using NHL23) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2023, 06:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Legends Sports Universe Hockey League (Reboot using NHL23)

Legends Sports Universe is a collection of sports dynasties I run gathering the greatest players from each sport in a fictional universe to create the ultimate "what if" scenario.

The Legends Sports Universe Hockey League is a league I originally created using Franchise Hockey Manager, but I was just having a real hard time getting into it and hadn't touched it in months.

So I decided to bring the LSUHL to NHL 23, developing ratings using my Historical Player Generator, you can find on my website in my sig.

The overall LSUHL player pool boasts 1000 players.

Utilizing hockey-reference.com's Point Shares, the list includes the top 200 left wings, centers and right wings, the top 300 defensemen and the top 100 goalies.

A random number generator was used to list the players randomly at each position. The first 100 at each of the forward slots, the first 150 defensemen and the first 50 goalies listed were eligible for the inaugural draft.

The rest of the players will enter via subsequent entry drafts.

So, while most of the very top players will be in the league from the very beginning, some terrific talent won't enter the league right at the start.

I ran the initial draft in NHL23 and away we go

I'll begin chronicling the LSUHL here. You can see not only the LSUHL but the other sports in the Legends Sports Universe on my web site, just click the link in my signature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2023, 06:37 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Legends Sports Universe Hockey League (Reboot using NHL23)

LSUHL Opening Night Has Arrived

For the Legends Sports Universe Hockey League - comprised of 14 teams, a 52-game season, continuous OT and more than 300 of the best to lace the skates - it's puck drop time!

I will broadcast each team's first game on the YouTube channel so as to enable people to get a little familiar with each franchise, maybe pick a favorite or two From there, I'll move on to a "Game of the Week" setup.

Teams get 3 points for a win, 2 for an OT win, 1 for an OT loss. No shootouts, no ties...continuous OT all season long!

No conferences or divisions, it's one 14-team pool with a balanced schedule. Top 6 teams make the playoffs. 1 and 2 get byes to the semifinals. 3 plays 6, 4 plays 5 to fill the bracket.

The Opening Night slate!

New York Empire @ Seattle Storm

Calgary Stampede @ Montreal Magicians

San Diego Condors @ Charlotte Pilots

New Orleans Sailors @ Chicago Stars

Houston Venom @ Minnesota Ice Dragons

Portland Pioneers @ Indianapolis Engines

Los Angeles Royals @ Philadelphia Freedom
Old 01-27-2023, 08:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Legends Sports Universe Hockey League (Reboot using NHL23)

Morenz steals show on Opening Night as LSUHL drops the puck
Philadelphia star scores four goals, adds assist in 5-3 win over Los Angeles; Indianapolis wins after 3-goal 3rd

The opening night of the Legends Sports Universe Hockey League saw tight games, immense skill and tremendous hits across the board including several terrific individual performances.

But on a historic night, one man led the way: the Philadelphia Freedom's Howie Morenz!

The talented center scored four goals and tacked on an assist, having a role in all five goals in the Freedom's 5-3 victory over the Los Angeles Royals, instantly becoming a fan favorite in front of a raucous home crowd at Philadelphia's Liberty Arena.

Though Morenz was the best player on ice on this night, his was far from the only terrific performance, including Marcel Dionne's pair in defeat for the Royals.

San Diego's Ken Hodge was a rude guest in Charlotte, making their house his house as he netted a hat-trick in the Condors' 4-1 victory over the Pilots, including a pair of power play goals.

The New York Empire's Lanny McDonald got credit for the first goal in LSUHL history - then bagged himself a second - though it wasn't enough as the Seattle Storm's Michel Goulet also scored a pair - the second breaking a 2-2 tie with 9.8 seconds left to give the Storm a thrilling 3-2 home win.

All in all, eight players put forth multi-goal efforts in their team's first games.

Nels Stewart's second goal of the game came 20 seconds into the second overtime as the Houston Venom defeating the Minneapolis Ice Dragons, 5-4, the LSUHL's continuous OT rule, spurning shootouts, paying immediate dividends in terms of excitement.

Milt Schmidt's pair were instrumental in the Indianapolis Engines' comeback, his second starting a string of three unanswered third-period goals to complete a 5-4 comeback win over the Portland Pioneers.

Woody Dumart's pair led the way for the night's most dominant performance, the New Orleans Sailors' dismantling of the Chicago Stars.

Though Patrick Roy, Ed Belfour and Ken Dryden each allowed only one goal on the night in strong performances for Calgary, New Orleans and San Diego, respectively, perhaps the finest opening night effort in goal belonged to Pekka Rinne, who made 45 saves in Seattle's 3-2 win over New York.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »