Home

Actual Golf: General Tourney discussion

This is a discussion on Actual Golf: General Tourney discussion within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-26-2021, 01:13 PM   #401
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: Actual Golf: General Tourney discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Phil and Tom Brady vs. Bryson and Aaron Rodgers...

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...69820778975234
It'd be more fun if it was Brooks & Brady vs Bryson & Rodgers. The Super Bowl of hateables....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2021, 02:17 PM   #402
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
It'd be more fun if it was Brooks & Brady vs Bryson & Rodgers. The Super Bowl of hateables....
Well, Brooks didn't stay out of this for too long!

https://twitter.com/BKoepka/status/1397613611435036678

And Phil with a comeback, just for good measure...this should be fun!

https://twitter.com/PhilMickelson/st...18405130207232

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 05-26-2021 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-05-2021, 08:56 AM   #403
Banned

OVR: 21

I live in CT and my son wants to get tickets for the Hartford tourney at end of June. My question is, do you guys recommend the $50 walk around ticket or the $125 sit down at table with food, etc ticket? I am 65 with a few afflictions that makes it difficult to walk for long periods of time, but I probably could manage a few holes. Not all 18 though.

We are going on Thursday so hopefully not as jammed as weekend. Thanks for any input...

C
Old 06-07-2021, 01:27 PM   #404
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I live in CT and my son wants to get tickets for the Hartford tourney at end of June. My question is, do you guys recommend the $50 walk around ticket or the $125 sit down at table with food, etc ticket? I am 65 with a few afflictions that makes it difficult to walk for long periods of time, but I probably could manage a few holes. Not all 18 though.

We are going on Thursday so hopefully not as jammed as weekend. Thanks for any input...

C
I've been to a number of golf tournaments, and my opinion is that if the money isn't going to be too much of an issue for you, it would probably be worth it to get the $125 tickets. It can get hot and sweaty out on the course in the galleries (although probably less so with likely gallery size restrictions still in effect), and there are definitely times where you would just as soon plant yourself on a single hole and eat/drink while enjoying what is hopefully a nice summer day. You can obviously still walk around the course at your leisure, but having a designated area where you can sit down and relax is worth it, in my opinion.

I think the last tournament I went to, our group hit the hospitality tent and ate/drink without ever making it out to the rest of the course. And we were fine with that LOL
Old 06-08-2021, 12:35 PM   #405
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Speaking of tournaments, ptp, are you planning on going to the Ryder Cup in Kohler? It’s not all that far from you. I’m probably going to go.

That event is super crowded because there are only a few groups on the course at once. I went when it was in Chaska (Minneapolis) a few years ago. That course wasn’t great as a following groups spectator because the good sight lines were always taken up by the people who sat in one spot all day.

But Whistling Straits is much better in that aspect. If you haven’t been to it I’d recommend. You never know when it’ll come that close again (it is in Minneapolis again in 2029, but that’s a much longer drive for you). What’s nice for me is that I can stay for free in Milwaukee and drive up, I have friends/family there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2021, 04:47 PM   #406
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Speaking of tournaments, ptp, are you planning on going to the Ryder Cup in Kohler? It’s not all that far from you. I’m probably going to go.

That event is super crowded because there are only a few groups on the course at once. I went when it was in Chaska (Minneapolis) a few years ago. That course wasn’t great as a following groups spectator because the good sight lines were always taken up by the people who sat in one spot all day.

But Whistling Straits is much better in that aspect. If you haven’t been to it I’d recommend. You never know when it’ll come that close again (it is in Minneapolis again in 2029, but that’s a much longer drive for you). What’s nice for me is that I can stay for free in Milwaukee and drive up, I have friends/family there.
I would love to go; unfortunately, while Kohler is near to where my heart is, it's pretty far from where my physical location is these days (~2,000 miles or so as the crow flies ). Which doesn't mean I wouldn't still go, but as of today, I'm not planning on it.

That is awesome that you were in Chaska for one of the greatest Ryder Cups ever. Or at least, one of the greatest matches. Watching that legendary Rory-Reed WWF Royal Rumble match was incredible on TV; I can't imagine how nuts it must have been live. Those kinds of things you just can't plan for, but that was one of the greatest things I've ever seen in golf.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:11 PM   #407
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

I wasn't there on Sunday, just Saturday.

Also, tickets this time are WAY more expensive on the secondary market. So I won't be going, lol. I hadn't checked until today.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:41 PM   #408
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
I wasn't there on Sunday, just Saturday.

Also, tickets this time are WAY more expensive on the secondary market. So I won't be going, lol. I hadn't checked until today.
I also just looked after your post. Wow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »