Home

Links 2003 on the way - Post your questions here

This is a discussion on Links 2003 on the way - Post your questions here within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-17-2002, 03:17 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Links 2003 on the way - Post your questions here

Hey Brent, could you recheck that convert list. On the website it has pictures of the Robert Jones Golf Trail - Judges Course. But I didn't see it on your list of converts. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-17-2002, 03:23 PM   #34
All Star

OVR: 17

I copy and pasted straight from the read me, but maybe the "read me was not GOLD"

I need another week with this bad boy before I get the review so look for it on Mon or Tue. All I can say is if you enjoy Links this is a no brainer. If you enjoy TW and the real time swing give this one a shot. I am enjoying this one more, around the greens (refering to the real time swing).
Old 09-18-2002, 10:54 PM   #35
Banned

is this out tomorrow or Friday?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2002, 11:00 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Give us some 1player details please.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:26 AM   #37
All Star

Fsquid

looks like it was pushed back until Friday. That is when I am picking up the 20 course disc and EB and GS now show the game and the course disc on Friday.

Hipster here are a few things I posted elsewhere. Hit me with any questions and I will try to answer them. I will have the review ready for the Steve to post on Monday but can safely say you will not be disappointed. I am not going to say the game is "bug free" but so far I have only run into minor graphical snafus. There also seems to be an issue with shots in the 70-100 yard range that make them tougher to hit then any other shot with the Real Time Swing.

I learned that pro and possibly even champ levels are too easy when driving and hitting approach shots. Once you get on the greens it is all touch no matter what level you are in, and is the best representation of a mouse swing on the greens and chipping.

From what I have played with Elite it is just nasty. I think I will stick with champ for now.

* all the above using real time swing. After putting and chipping with this game I could never go back to the other options.

Only complaint is you are limited to up and down motion. I prefer moving the mouse left to right and back to the left.

The game itself is a tough as you want it to be. I hate having the grids so I turn them off and find myself using the "green analyzer in the kneel position - of course with no grid". Also links has a big yellow marker that shows from the ball to the pin and shows the curve so you can line it up exactly (kinda like the one in Outlaw Golf). This needs to be turned off.

With the real time swing you can also cheat a little here. I think elite level and to a point champ level catches some of this but you can take the club back at a crawl to avoid getting off target and then a quick push forward to help ensure straight drives. Of course swing speed on the on the downswing is very critical on approach shots, chips and putts so a good flow will end up with a better shot.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:28 AM   #38
All Star

Editing the golfers is back. Once you select a player you can then change their skin, shirt and shorts/pants color.

You can not change the skin color of the professionals.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:52 PM   #39
Banned

I'm tired of waiting
Old 09-19-2002, 11:54 PM   #40
All Star

Only one more day. I am picking up the course pack in the morning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »