Home

PGA Tour 2K23: Which Major Gets Into the Series First (If Any)?

This is a discussion on PGA Tour 2K23: Which Major Gets Into the Series First (If Any)? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-03-2024, 03:34 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
PGA Tour 2K23: Which Major Gets Into the Series First (If Any)?

Both PGA Tour 2K23 and EA Sports PGA Tour have been out for many months and...

Written By: Colin Mieczkowski

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2024, 03:47 PM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: PGA Tour 2K23: Which Major Gets Into the Series First (If Any)?

I could see them dropping the PGA Tour license before ever acquiring the rights to any of the majors.
Old 01-03-2024, 06:35 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

EA advertised their game as the 'exclusive home of the 4 Majors'. I don't know how long they have those exclusive rights but as long as they have them, I can't see a way for PGA 2K to have one of the Majors in their game.
Old 01-03-2024, 07:59 PM   #4
Rookie

GhostPandaStorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
EA advertised their game as the 'exclusive home of the 4 Majors'. I don't know how long they have those exclusive rights but as long as they have them, I can't see a way for PGA 2K to have one of the Majors in their game.
Yeah Kev and I believe I mentioned that in the article. If not then forgive me. The story was basically for fun. I know that it'll be a longshot for 2K to get a major.

Chicago Bulls

Chicago White Sox

Chicago Bears

Northwestern Wildcats

Any HBCU Team
Old 01-03-2024, 08:02 PM   #5
Rookie

GhostPandaStorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I could see them dropping the PGA Tour license before ever acquiring the rights to any of the majors.
That's fair, Arlington especially since EA has the exclusive rights to the majors at the moment. But as long as Tiger is there, I don't see them dropping the PGA Tour license any time soon either. But I see your point. Not sure how long EA's deal is with the majors.

Chicago Bulls

Chicago White Sox

Chicago Bears

Northwestern Wildcats

Any HBCU Team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2024, 10:22 PM   #6
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

I think having Tiger as the face of the game will continue, since 2K signed hin to a long-term exclusive deal, but the state of pro golf is in flux. Who knows what the pro tours will look like in the next 6 months?

I think perhaps 2K could just make "Tiger Woods Golf 2K25" and stick to having a course designer, societies, and maybe some form of career mode that would allow for more customization than we currently have, like Solo Societies back in The Golf Club 2019. Not being able to use created courses in career mode makes it stale after a couple in-game seasons. And having to play "majors" at fake courses, or keeping certain courses locked in, gets super repetitious.

I think 2K's strength has always been offering a never ending stream of user created content. EA's strength is a career mode with the majors. I could see 2K shedding the licenses to truly allow their game to be more of a "sandbox" golf game.

Though I would agree that a game featuring Tiger Woods and no PGA Tour license would be very different and seem quite odd.
Old 01-04-2024, 02:44 AM   #7
Rookie

GhostPandaStorm's Arena

Quote:
I think having Tiger as the face of the game will continue, since 2K signed hin to a long-term exclusive deal, but the state of pro golf is in flux. Who knows what the pro tours will look like in the next 6 months?

I think perhaps 2K could just make "Tiger Woods Golf 2K25" and stick to having a course designer, societies, and maybe some form of career mode that would allow for more customization than we currently have, like Solo Societies back in The Golf Club 2019. Not being able to use created courses in career mode makes it stale after a couple in-game seasons. And having to play "majors" at fake courses, or keeping certain courses locked in, gets super repetitious.

I think 2K's strength has always been offering a never ending stream of user created content. EA's strength is a career mode with the majors. I could see 2K shedding the licenses to truly allow their game to be more of a "sandbox" golf game.

Though I would agree that a game featuring Tiger Woods and no PGA Tour license would be very different and seem quite odd.
I'm glad you mentioned the community aspect of 2K because that's one thing I briefly mentioned in the piece is that, if they were to bring in a major like the US Open, they could put a community designed version of the host course to the schedule and maybe rotate. Even without a major license, it would still be amazing to see user designed courses on the schedule, as you mentioned.

Chicago Bulls

Chicago White Sox

Chicago Bears

Northwestern Wildcats

Any HBCU Team
Old 01-04-2024, 06:30 PM   #8
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

Quote:

I don't know how many people play with the pros I never did. I would drop the license and spend the money on upgrading the designer. This game requires a steady influx of new courses constantly. Keep Unity and the vast library of courses. Add more animations and drop a few of the silly ones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »