Home

Golf+ meta quest vr

This is a discussion on Golf+ meta quest vr within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-14-2023, 10:30 AM   #1
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Golf+ meta quest vr

Anyone have this for the meta quest? I thought this was confirmed for the psvr2 but haven’t seen anything. How does it play? Might pick up a quest if their are any deals around Black Friday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2023, 11:35 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Golf+ meta quest vr

Yep, play it with my friend on occasion. It's good fun, there's settings to make to as realistic as possible but, frankly, you're just asking for a bad time with that, you're not going to get the same kindof feel from a Quest controller compared to a real club, we usually play with some power boosts and such, but stuff like putting and short game is good fun, and I don't think it's that expensive (Been awhile since I bought it). You got some free courses with it, and maybe a licensed course or two. The licensed courses are like an extra 5 bucks and are pretty well done.

Was looking to get back into it since they recently announced a "Tour" mode where you can compare scores on a leaderboard and such, haven't tested it out yet. They also have a limited time mode that shows up sometimes called "Beat The Pro" or something where they take actual shots from the tournament and you go head to head against that pro. They had it during the Player's Championship on #17 and there's no help in this mode, I think I spent a good couple of hours just going up against the guys from that day lol. It's a fun time
Old 11-14-2023, 02:10 PM   #3
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

I have it and its amazing. Play it almost everyday. They update it all the time. It's playing the best it ever has. If you buy it, definitely buy a weighted club attachment. Makes it way more realistic. They have difficulty settings amateur and pro. Definitely play on pro if you are trying to make it anywhere near realistic. I play on pro. I golf in real life and I am about a 20 handicap. In this game, I am about scratch, but I have practiced for hundreds of hours. When I first got the game last year, I stayed around 15 handicap for a long time before improving, putting in a ton of time on the virtual range and quick rounds. They have a driving range with a swing analyzer, mini games, tons of practice options. They have tournaments, quick rounds, battles, quick multiplayer.

They just came out with a golf+ pass which gives you all the courses for 9.99/month or you can just buy them seperately and own them. They just dropped st. andrews this week and they also have some other great ones like pebble beach, wolf creek, pinehurst no. 2, etc. They are supposed to drop about 15 new courses within the next year as well. Highly recommended.
Old 11-14-2023, 03:54 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Which is the best weighted club attachment to buy?

Is the game meaningfully better on the new quest 3?
Old 11-15-2023, 05:19 AM   #5
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

I have the Quest 2. From what I hear, the game isn't way better on Quest 3. Maybe a little bit more clear, but I've heard the Quest 3 lenses are way better for other stuff. If I didn't have a quest 2, I would definitely be getting the 3. As of now, I dont see any reason for spending 500 since I already have the 2.

As for club attachments. I got one off of amazon from a company called Famijenny. It had great reviews and I can agree. It is extremely well made out of metal and it has a real golf grip and feels about as heavy as a 7 iron. It comes with a couple weights so you can add or subtract weight to it to get it how you want it to feel. I think it was about $60. Its probably less now because Quest 3 needs a different attachment because the controllers are different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2024, 02:55 AM   #6
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Finally bit the bullet and got a quest 2. Naturally golf+ was the first game I bought. I must say after a few rounds I’m thoroughly enjoying it. Bit of a learning curve right now, but was getting more pars and bogeys than doubles near the end of my session before work. The quest 2 being $250 right now, and money isn’t a problem I highly suggest picking this up. Now I want to spend another $50 on a club attachment.
Old 01-23-2024, 10:55 AM   #7
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6

To echo what caseyj622 said earlier, play on pro and definitely get a weighted club attachment, ESPECIALLY if you golf in real life. Otherwise when you swing your real clubs they feel much heavier (reverse effect of swinging with multiple bats/donuts in the on deck circle in baseball).
As for as which attachments, I like DeadEyeVR's stuff. I am currently using the Drivr Pro 3 (I am on Quest 3) and have been very satisfied with it. I have their newest model arriving this week the DriVR Elite, which will hopefully be even better since it is a smidge longer and should be even closer to the feel of a real club.

Another cool thing about the game is the Golf+ Tour that you can join and compete in the weekly tournaments. They have divisions that you will progress through based on your performance.

Last edited by Maxflier; 01-23-2024 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-22-2024, 04:34 PM   #8
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Respawn, who's done tons of videos for PGA 2K23 and EA PGA, just dropped a video on Golf+, calling it the best golf video game on the market:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK7twVshgYY

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »