Home

PGA 2K23 Clubhouse Pass Season 5 Announced

This is a discussion on PGA 2K23 Clubhouse Pass Season 5 Announced within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-16-2023, 04:42 PM   #1
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
PGA 2K23 Clubhouse Pass Season 5 Announced

https://pgatour.2k.com/2k23/clubhous...n-five-launch/

Season 5 of PGA 2K23 Clubhouse Pass has been announced. The new season will include apparel from Bogey Boys, a brand created by Grammy Award-winning artist Macklemore. The new season will also bring hickory clubs.

"Assemble a vintage bag of your own with hickory relics such as woods, putters, and balls to experience the sport in its classic form."

New playable characters that will be added in Season 5 include Cody Jones, Garrett Hilbert, and Tyler Toney from Dude Perfect.

There will also be new events and Smerf contests to come. Ranked matchmaking leaderboards will reset, too.

The new season runs from August 18 to October 27.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 08-16-2023 at 04:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2023, 01:17 PM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Re: PGA 2K23 Clubhouse Pass Season 5 Announced

Just a thought...as I look at this image of the rewards, it seems to me the hickory clubs will be behind the paywall, as their presented as "Premium" and "Premium Plus" rewards. So to get the old clubs, you'll need to pony up the cost of the pass (at least $10 US).
Old 08-17-2023, 09:19 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Rainbow cardigan, lol.
Old 08-17-2023, 11:49 PM   #4
Rookie

If 2K Golf wants more of my money then it's going to require additional PGA courses or Pros versus playable Star Wars characters or the Easter Bunny or whatever they currently roll out. No thanks.
Old 08-18-2023, 01:13 PM   #5
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Season 5 of the pass is now live...it went live just 7 minutes ago.

I took a look at it in-game, and I see that all the hickory clubs and most old-school golf balls are in fact locked behind the paywall. There are some clothing rewards, fittings, and consumable ball sleeves in the free tier, but the only "retro" gear item that you can get for free is a hickory wood brown golf ball at level 50. All hickory clubs require a purchase of the season pass.

Someone on another site also mentioned that the hickory clubs are totally cosmetic, too...so you can still bomb drives 300-plus-yards with them. They also mentioned that there are no hickory wedges (which there were not back in the day, in reality), so you will still have modern wedges in your bag with the rest of the hickory clubs.

No patch is needed for this...or at least I did not get one on PS4.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 08-18-2023 at 02:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2023, 11:49 PM   #6
Rookie

GhostPandaStorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach

Someone on another site also mentioned that the hickory clubs are totally cosmetic, too...so you can still bomb drives 300-plus-yards with them. They also mentioned that there are no hickory wedges (which there were not back in the day, in reality), so you will still have modern wedges in your bag with the rest of the hickory clubs.

No patch is needed for this...or at least I did not get one on PS4.
Thanks for the info, Arlington. I'm honestly not surprised the hickories are solely cosmetic. It was probably much easier to just make it a cosmetic club instead of locking the clubs into a certain distance and locking them out of the club fitting feature. Sounds like it would be easy to lock hickories out of these things but maybe it's not. Still cool seeing hickories though, I wasn't expecting them.

Chicago Bulls

Chicago White Sox

Chicago Bears

Northwestern Wildcats

Any HBCU Team
Old 08-22-2023, 03:06 PM   #7
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

I feel dumb... so I just got the game a couple months ago and purchased the 9.99 clubhouse pass for Season 4 last month. I thought the pass was for all seasons... man I feel like a sucker. That's the last time I purchase something like that. At least season 4 seems to have better items than season 5.
Old 08-22-2023, 03:21 PM   #8
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
I feel dumb... so I just got the game a couple months ago and purchased the 9.99 clubhouse pass for Season 4 last month. I thought the pass was for all seasons... man I feel like a sucker. That's the last time I purchase something like that. At least season 4 seems to have better items than season 5.
Yeah, you have to buy each season, and if you miss previous seasons you can't go back and buy them after the seasons are over.

I would say you could look on the bright side with getting Season 4...it's by far the best season they released out of the 5, IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »