Home

EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-23-2024, 09:53 PM   #193
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
Next four weeks of season one:

The Masters: +11 missed cut. Winner: Zalatoris (-14)

RBC Heritage at Harbour Town: T21 with -5 score. Winner: Hatton (-16)

Mesquite Classic at Wolf Creek: +7 and missed the cut. Winner was Max Homa (-17).

French Championship at Evian Resort: skipped event with two missed cuts in last three tournaments.

FedExCup Ranking- 40th (dropped -5)

World Golf Rank- 46 (dropped -2)

Up next is the Wells Fargo Championship at Quail Hollow. EA Sports Championship at Pebble Beach. Then the PGA Championship at Oak Hill.

Man this game is difficult but I enjoy the challenge! Obviously not near enough golfers on game so you really couldn't miss qualifying for playoffs or majors unless you purposely skipped a bunch of tournaments. I've now skipped 4 due to my own storyline I created. And I am still well within range for playoffs and majors.

If I miss two of three cuts again I'll force skip the next two events. The game needs money that is used to enter events and other things. The mode is a great start to something they hopefully build upon with a lot more depth.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Back at it! Still season one lol Next two weeks:

Wells Fargo championship:T21 (-3). Winner: Cameron Young (-15)

EA Sports Tiburon Championship:T56 (+1)
Winner: Tommy Fleetwood (-17)

Entering the PGA Championship at Oak Hill:

FedEx Cup ranking - 38th (+2)

World Golf rank - 42 (+4)

Up next is the 2nd major of the season, the PGA Championship at Oak Hill . I am doing full rounds on this. Already finished round one.

Front 9: 33 (-2). Birdies on 2, 4, and 8. Bogey on #6.

Back 9: 34 (-1). Bogey on 12 after a horrible drive far right. Bogey on 15 after missing green in the bunker on the infamous par 3. I eagled 13 after a terrific second shot with the 4 iron finesse shot. I put in the 12-foot eagle. Birdie on 14 as well. I was feeling great, then hole 15 got me.

Final round one: T8 (-3). Leader is tied (-5) between Jason Castro, Tyrrell Hatton, Robert Streb, and Hideki Matsuyama.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 04-24-2024 at 01:54 AM.
Old 04-24-2024, 01:29 PM   #194
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Just had an amazing final round at Pinehurst in the US Open. Started the round two back of Tom Hoge...he was 7-under and I was 5-under, and we were in the final pairing of the day.

He pushed his lead to 4 strokes at one point on the front nine, getting it to -10, while I was stuck a bit in neutral at -6.

Then, all of a sudden, Hoge started to choke it away. Stepping up to the tee on Hole 15, I had the lead at -7, while Hoge fell back to -6. But Hoge birdies the par-3 15th and we're tied at -7!

He then dropped a shot on Hole 16, while I parred, giving me a one-stroke advantage again. We both par the 17th, so I have a one-shot lead heading to 18.

I hit a good tee shot, but sail my second over the green. I'm feeling at least an up and down gets me into a playoff, depending what Hoge does. I hit a shot from just off the green to about 4 feet away...which at Pinehurst is no gimmie. But my putt finds the bottom of the cup, and the leaderboard shows me that Hoge also made par, giving me the win by a single shot!

I'm in my 5th season, and this is my second US Open title - 5th major overall. I have yet to win the Masters in my career, so I am still in search of the elusive career grand slam.
Old 04-24-2024, 02:26 PM   #195
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Just had an amazing final round at Pinehurst in the US Open. Started the round two back of Tom Hoge...he was 7-under and I was 5-under, and we were in the final pairing of the day.

He pushed his lead to 4 strokes at one point on the front nine, getting it to -10, while I was stuck a bit in neutral at -6.

Then, all of a sudden, Hoge started to choke it away. Stepping up to the tee on Hole 15, I had the lead at -7, while Hoge fell back to -6. But Hoge birdies the par-3 15th and we're tied at -7!

He then dropped a shot on Hole 16, while I parred, giving me a one-stroke advantage again. We both par the 17th, so I have a one-shot lead heading to 18.

I hit a good tee shot, but sail my second over the green. I'm feeling at least an up and down gets me into a playoff, depending what Hoge does. I hit a shot from just off the green to about 4 feet away...which at Pinehurst is no gimmie. But my putt finds the bottom of the cup, and the leaderboard shows me that Hoge also made par, giving me the win by a single shot!

I'm in my 5th season, and this is my second US Open title - 5th major overall. I have yet to win the Masters in my career, so I am still in search of the elusive career grand slam.
Did you upgrade your golfer with the SP? I currently have my golfer upgraded, use no special specs, and have 3 click swing on with hard and I can still win a lot of tournaments. I also dont have wind speed on or the elevation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2024, 02:35 PM   #196
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
Did you upgrade your golfer with the SP? I currently have my golfer upgraded, use no special specs, and have 3 click swing on with hard and I can still win a lot of tournaments. I also dont have wind speed on or the elevation.
Yes, I have upgraded my golfer with skill points. I have some specs on clubs/gear, but play on all maxed difficulty settings (other than the need to swing in a diagonal for draw/fade). I only have the arrow on for elevation and wind - no specific details in terms of feet or mph.

I have green grids off, zoom/scout cam off, aim lines off, swing meters off, etc. And I have career AI difficulty set to 97. I do use the swing stick, not 3-Click. One "house rule" I do adhere to is "NO HACK SHOTS"! :-)

I don't win every event - the US Open was my second win of the year, and I play most events. The previous season, I won just one event. I still miss cuts occasionally, too.

Honestly, the first couple majors I won were several seasons ago, when I still had green grids on and AI difficulty in the 80s.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 04-24-2024 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-24-2024, 04:24 PM   #197
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
I use 3 click as well with swing difficulty normal, putting hard. Wind and elevation need to be turned on. Try that and see if you're winning too many.

Old 04-24-2024, 05:33 PM   #198
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Round two at PGA Championship at Oak Hill is complete.

Front 9: 34 (-1). Birdies on 1, and 4. But a bogey on #2.

Back 9: 36 (+1). Birdie on 13. But finished with bogies on 17 and 18.

Overall: T9 (-3).

Leader: Max Chavez (-7)

Headed into the weekend in the top 10 feels good, but I left a lot of opportunities slip by that 2nd round. 15mph winds and elevation in certain spots really challenging me.

I increased power to get bronze power drive. Definitely handy on this course with the wind. Driving control up to 3, and accuracy to 5. Really felt like my driving needed focus so these help a little.

Increased control to get bronze runner shot. Can't go any higher cause pick shot makes bunker shots too easy imo. I increased putting up to 7. Still only bronze texas wedge cause I have both recovery attributes at 0.

Overall is now a 78. Feels better, still challenging with no specs.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 04-24-2024 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-25-2024, 09:04 AM   #199
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Thanks guys! Ill try turning the green grids off and see if that assists with not winning so many

Ill even try and not use the hack from the rough. I know that is basically a cheat because you can pretty much be accurate from almost 200 yards away from the heavy rough, which isn't that realistic.
Old 04-30-2024, 12:12 AM   #200
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Round three at PGA Championship at Oak Hill is complete.

Front 9: 35 (E). Birdies on 2, and 4. Bogies on 3, and hole 6.

Back 9: 31 (-4). No bogies. Birdies on 10, 12, 13, and 14.

Overall: T4th (-7)

Leader: Jason Castro (-9). Max Chavez was leader after round two (-7). Shot +4 Saturday and dropped to -3 t9.

I have a punchers chance. Great week of golf for out 2nd major tournament appearance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »