Home

Football Manager 2022 Announced, Release Date November 9 - Day One on Xbox Game Pass

This is a discussion on Football Manager 2022 Announced, Release Date November 9 - Day One on Xbox Game Pass within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2021, 10:39 PM   #9
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Football Manager 2022 Announced, Release Date November 9 - Day One on Xbox Game P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
you can change logos/kits, but names and things like "Zebre" are not moddable.
Thanks that's a deal breaker guess I am picking this up on Steam.
Old 10-12-2021, 01:09 AM   #10
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Football Manager 2022 Announced, Release Date November 9 - Day One on Xbox Game P

Actually you can use the real name fix.

The files for it are located in C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\appdata-local-packages-SportsInteractive(with a lot of random numbers)-Localcache-Local-Microsoft-WriteablePackageRoot-data\

If you are on a Mac, no clue.

From there its just like the steam folders for installing the new files.

HOWEVER. The GP version has some funky DRM in it. And it is slow as crap. Its constantly checking something, and processing breaks take forever. It seems fine in the first season. And then you really start to notice it late in the second season. And then the third is just nuts. Even playing games things would hitch real bad. And I've seen people say the same on reddit about 20 and 21. And it seems to softlock a lot, but is actually just being super slow. I hated using it. So I haven't used it since the 2019 version on GP.

Its a usable version. But one I would not recommend anyone use if they can afford to buy a steam copy.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:06 AM   #11
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac

The files for it are located in C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\appdata-local-packages-SportsInteractive(with a lot of random numbers)-Localcache-Local-Microsoft-WriteablePackageRoot-data\

HOWEVER. The GP version has some funky DRM in it. And it is slow as crap. Its constantly checking something, and processing breaks take forever. It seems fine in the first season. And then you really start to notice it late in the second season. And then the third is just nuts. Even playing games things would hitch real bad. And I've seen people say the same on reddit about 20 and 21. And it seems to softlock a lot, but is actually just being super slow. I hated using it. So I haven't used it since the 2019 version on GP.

Its a usable version. But one I would not recommend anyone use if they can afford to buy a steam copy.
Thanks that is good to know honestly even with that knowledge that does sound annoying last thing you want to deal with is unnecessary hitches while dealing with this games UI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2021, 06:11 PM   #12
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Thanks that is good to know honestly even with that knowledge that does sound annoying last thing you want to deal with is unnecessary hitches while dealing with this games UI.
Football Manager is the type of game I find worth the full price of admission because I know I'm getting a complete game. DLC won't be shoved down my throat, no season pass, etc.. Developers like SI deserve to be supported. I hope Gamepass brings them new players that will turn into revenue sources later to help the game become even better.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:19 PM   #13

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac

huh, never found that folder before, i looked high and low as well before I uninstalled it and just kept using the Steam version.
Old 10-28-2021, 12:01 PM   #14
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Looks like I was partly wrong. Starting with 21 and moving forward, SI agreed to remove this folder and the ability for the modding on the Xbox/MS versions. MS wanted it gone for it to stay on the platform. So if anyone was thinking they were just going to get 22 on there and mod it, you wont be able to. I just confirmed this by trying on 21 and I can't mod it. But it worked on 19 and 20. The MS DRM is nuts also. Just trying to test around with modding on 21 and holy **** is that version insanely slow. Would not recommend GP for FM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »