Home

Golden Revival: California Golden Bears Dynasty [NCAA 06 NEXT]

This is a discussion on Golden Revival: California Golden Bears Dynasty [NCAA 06 NEXT] within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-18-2023, 01:25 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Golden Revival: California Golden Bears Dynasty [NCAA 06 NEXT]

December 4th, 2004. Aaron Rodgers walks out of California Memorial Stadium for the final time in a Golden Bears uniform, a 41-6 dragging of a bad Stanford Cardinal team, going out with a #4 ranking and a sure to be Rose Bowl game if they could get by @Southern Miss the next week which they did, but alas, Mack Brown and the Texas Longhorns got the spot over Cal, a move that still to this day leaves a taste in Cal's fans, and even Aaron still. That was the last bit of success Cal ever had, a loss in the Holiday Bowl to Texas Tech and a 10-2 finish, Jeff Tedford was able to notch a second 10-2 two years later, but outside of that it has been nothing but medicority and downright bad from the University of California, no major bowl apperances since, of course, Cal has had its NFL caliber players since then, Desean Jackson, Jahvid Best, Keenan Allen, Jared Goff to name a couple. But no long term success, I think it's time that gets changed.

NASCAR: Ryan Blaney
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2023, 02:08 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Golden Revival: California Golden Bears Dynasty [NCAA 06 NEXT]

Introduction
I am going to go in completely blind with this, I have no clue what I am doing on this modded game, I've played NCAA 03,06, and 14 more then any other game series so I know how the game works just not this particular mod. I used to have an old NCAA Football 03 dynasty that I did when I was like 14-15 on here that I did for almost a year straight.

Why California?
I've been watching College Football for about 10 years now, have always been very invested in the history of the sport and California has always just seemed to be such an intriguing place to try and build a program, very great team a long time ago, a consensus national championship in 1920 with one of the greatest teams in CFB history, and followed that up with 3 other national titles as well before winning a 5th in 1937. They've also been to 8 Rose Bowls... only 2 wins and haven't been since 1958, but thats besides the point. Located in a football hotbed for talent over the last 20 or so years, this team still can't bring in consistent very talented teams, always having to deal with bigger schools, UCLA, USC, Oregon and Washington are all great teams with good coaches (and lincoln riley) with name value. Compared to Cal who have none of that, but we're going to build that up in this Dynasty, I am historically not a very great recruiter in NCAA games, sometimes as a purposeful crutch as to not get extremely overpowered, which brings a lot more fun along the way because you learn to appreciate your great runs and big seasons then in dynastys where you're just OP after year 6.

Sliders
For Sliders, I am going to be use Playmakers All American Level 3 Set. Which is as follows.

HUM/COM
QBA-25/25
PASS BLK-55/55
WR CATCH-50/75
RBA-25/50
RUN BLK-25/50

AWR-25/75
KWDN-25/75
INT-15/15
BRK BLK-25/75
TKL-25/75

FGL-50/25
FGA-25/50
PNTL-50/40
PNTA-25/50
KOL-45/45

Roster: 2022-23 with 2023 Big 12 Realignment, why? It was a significantly awful year for California and I think the ratings will reflect that well considering that this year seems to be an improvement for them.
The PAC-12 will also not be breaking up in this.
If you have any questions, or things you think I should mention on here that I haven't please let me know.

School Name: University of California
Nickname: Golden Bears
Mascot: Oski
Rivals: Stanford (The Big Game) Winner receives The Stanford Axe, Record: 60-45-10, Stanford Leads, UCLA (home game vs UCLA is The Joe Roth Memorial Game), Record: 55-34-1, UCLA Leads.
Stadium: California Memorial Stadium
Traditions: The Big Game Bonfire Rally, Tightwad Hill
Old 10-18-2023, 07:21 PM   #3
Pro

Award Winners

Heisman Winners

NFL Drafted Golden Bears
Old 10-18-2023, 07:58 PM   #4
Pro

School Records

Passing Records

Yards
Career - Jared Goff 2013-2015, 12,200
Season - Jared Goff 2015, 4,719
Game - Jared Goff 2015, 542 vs Arizona State.

Touchdowns
Career - Jared Goff 2013-15, 96
Season - Jared Goff 2015, 43
Game - Pat Barnes 1996, 8 vs. Arizona

Rushing Records

Yards
Career - Russell White 1990-1992, 3,367
Season - J.J. Arrington 2004, 2,018
Game - Jahvid Best 2008, 311 vs Washington

Touchdowns
Career - Russell White 1990-92, 35
Season - J.J. Arrington 2004, Justin Forsett, 2007, Jahvid Best, 2008, 15
Game - Duke Morrison 1921 vs Washington, Jahvid Best 2009 vs Minnesota, 5.

Receiving Records

Receptions

Career - Keenan Allen, 2010-12, 205.
Season - Dameane Douglas, 1998, 100
Game - Geoff McArthur 2003, 16 vs Stanford.

Receiving Yards
Career - Geoff McArthur 2000-2004, 3,188
Season - Geoff McArthur 2003, 1,504
Game - Wesley Walker 1976, 289 vs. San Jose State

Touchdowns
Career - Sean Dawkins 1990-92, 31 TDs
Season - Sean Dawkins 1992, 14
Game - Steve Sweeney, 1971, 3 vs. Oregon State

Defensive Records
Interceptions
Career - Ken Wiedemann 1967-69, 16
Season - Deltha O'Neal 1999, 9
Game - Herm Edwards - 1974, 4 vs. Washington State

Tackles
David Ortega, 1986-89, 525
Season - Evan Weaver, 2019, 182

Sacks
Career - Andre Carter, 1997-2000, 31.0
Season - Ryan Riddle, 2004, 14.5
Game - Tully Banta-Cain, 2002, 4.5 vs New Mexico State

Field Goals Made

Career - Doug Brien, 1991-93, 56
Season - Randy Pratt 1983, Matt Anderson 2016, 22.
Game- Mark Jensen, 2002, 5 vs Air Force.
Old 10-18-2023, 08:38 PM   #5
Pro

Screenshot 2023-10-18 190731.jpg
California Announces New Coaching Hire for 2022-23 Season.

Jim Magill - 4-22-22

When news broke of Justin Wilcox being let go of the coaching job at the University of California, fans had locked in and expected for Cal to make a big step, try and hire a big name coach to bring the team to a better level, a coach like Hugh Freeze who just led Liberty to its best season in its short history of FBS football, 10-1 during the awkward Covid year, a season capped off with a big bowl victory over big rival Coastal Carolina, or maybe a Jamey Chadwell from the afforemented Coastal, instead Cal decided to take a big swing, when this morning Jim Knowlton announced the hiring of new head coach Jed McCoy, a 27 year old who last season was the head coach for Thompson High School, the 7A state champions in the state of Alabama, this is a very big jump for the head coach, and an even bigger risk for the University of Cal, a coach with no proven track record above the high school level.

When asked about the hiring process, Knowlton explained that "We need to take these type of 'risks' as you will put out in the media, I don't feel like we are taking a risk on this, this kid is a builder, and I have all the faith in the world that given the time, with this new landscape of College Football, with the portal and NIL, I fully believe in his abilites to recruit and win games at a high level.

Coach McCoy was asked what he brings to the table that Cal has been missing in years past. "Grit, toughness and a team that I believe can execute, I'm fully aware that even though we have great players on this team currently, this is going to be a multiple year process, Rome wasn't built in one day, so I don't expect this team to be built in one day, or one season, y'all give us some time, and trust me, before long, the entire country, Kirby, Saban, Dabo, Lincoln, Harbaugh, Day, they will all know where Bear Territory is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2023, 09:31 PM   #6
Pro

The Cal Diaries. Jed McCoy 4-24-2022.

What have I gotten myself into. I mean seriously.. It is 2:30 A.M. I have to be at the field at 4:30, practice starts at 6, I haven't met any of the team, I barely know who any of the guys are, I mean all the stress is just killing me. I have no clue what this teams M.O. is, I missed all of Spring Ball because the communication with the school during the hiring process wasn't great, this team is completely different from last years team that I actually watched. I'm sitting here venting into a stupid book when I should be trying to get some sleep, I mean the spring game is in 6 freaking days and I'm completely lost, I just need to believe in my own dern ability, I am Jed Freaking McCoy, I am better than this... right?
Old 10-18-2023, 11:11 PM   #7
Pro

Johnny Beauchamp 4-27-22

3 Days before Cal's Spring Game, now more than ever would be a great time for fans who don't scour BearsInsider on who's gonna play this year, who the expected starters are, and more.

Quarterback, Jack Plummer #13.
Jack Plummer.png
Jack Plummer, a transfer from Purdue, is expected to come in and be the starter through the Spring and for the regular season, Plummer started 13 games over 3 seasons for Purdue, and is expected to be a spark in the passing game, filling a void left by Chase Garbers graduating.

Wide Reciever, Jeremiah Hunter #3
Jeremiah Hunter.png
Hunter, a Junior Wide Reciever is a 1st team Preseason PAC 12 All American is going to be the biggest target in the passing game for Plummer, he had very limited involvement in 2021, but in the games he played he performed very well, did his job, and with graduating seniors, the Junior receiver is expected to take a major step as a top player in the country.

Defense will be led by the secondary, Daniel Scott, the senior Free Safety, and Collin Gamble, the junior Cornerback will be the leaders of the defense and will be the players we expect to keep us in games when our offense falters.

Daniel Scott.png
Scott, the team leader.
Collin Gamble.png
And his partner in crime, Gamble who are destined for big things this Fall.
Old 10-18-2023, 11:29 PM   #8
Pro

Screenshot 2023-10-18 190731.jpg
Depth Chart Revealed prior to Spring Game.
California Golden Bears Depth Chart - 2022
Regular Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
TEKeleki Latu(84)Jermaine Terry(84)
LTBen Coleman(78)Brayden Rohme(72)
LGBastian Swinney(76)Spencer Lovell(76)Everett Johnson(74)
CMatthew Cindric(86)Dylan Jemtegaard(72)
RGBrian Driscoll(78)
RTTrent Ramsey(74)Brayden Rohme(72)T.J. Session(70)
WRJeremiah Hunter(82)J. Michael Sturdivant(78)Marvin Anderson(76)Monroe Young(74)
QBJack Plummer(85)Kai Millner(76)Zach Johnson(68)
FBBeaux Tagaloa(82)
HBDamien Moore(82)Jaydn Ott(78)Decarlos Brooks(76)Chris Street(74)
Base 4-2-5 Defense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDEEthan Saunders(82)Xavier Carlton(80)Derek Wilkins(80)
LDTGunnar Rask(72)
RDTRicky Correia(72)
RDEBrett Johnson(87)Derek Wilkins(80)
SLBOrin Patu(78)Nate Rutchna(76)
WLBJackson Sirmon(84)
CBCollin Gamble(85)Lu-Magia Hearns(84)Kaleb Higgins(76)Tyson McWilliams(76)
SSRaymond Woodie(84)Craig Woodson(82)
FSDaniel Scott(92)Miles Williams(84)
Special Teams
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
KDario Longhetto(62)
PJamieson Sheahan(59)
HKai Milliner(76)
PRJeremiah Hunter(96)
KRJeremiah Hunter(96)
LSMatthew Cindric(86)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »