Home

Amazon Pilots

This is a discussion on Amazon Pilots within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-13-2019, 09:09 PM   #81
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Amazon Pilots

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Just got a chance to start it today. I'm only on episode two.

I didn't even realize The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season two had begun. I kept seeing "Coming Soon" ads rather than a definitive date.

How do you like it?

I’m on episode S1E9. The concept/background is very interesting but I’m not feeling the main character Juliana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2019, 12:58 AM   #82
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
How do you like it?

I’m on episode S1E9. The concept/background is very interesting but I’m not feeling the main character Juliana.
Season 3 was my favorite as we get deeper into the
Spoiler
aspect. Can't comment too much on Juliana. She does have vanilla/bland moments.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:03 AM   #83
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Just finished The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 2. It's good that your second season finale is the best episode of the series (IMO) and sets up marvelous new things for season 3.

I'm a big fan of Max Casella (Benny-The Sopranos) and hope his lawyer character in season three gives him ample screen time.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:49 PM   #84
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Some of my thoughts on these Amazon series...

I think my favorite has been Bosch. I binged on all 4 seasons easily in about a week.

Couldn't get into The Man in the High Castle at all even though I gave it a couple of tries. Disappointing to me because alternative history/WWII stuff is my bag, baby. But I found this so slow and meh for some reason. I also didn't at all buy that Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany would've been content to split up the USA--they totally would've destroyed each other way earlier on. Maybe in later episodes they try to explain that a bit and pit them against one another, but I'm unimpressed.

As a fanatic of The Office and someone who has read a handful of Tom Clancy/Jack Ryan books, I simply cannot do Jim Halpert as Jack Ryan. With all due respect to those saying that Krasinski is ok/not typical Halpert in this role, I just can't get there.

I thought season 1 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel was really strong, but I lost interest in season 2 as it sort of veered away from the standup comedy and went a bit too Gilmore Girls for my liking. I really like the premise of a 1950s comedienne--very original and Rachel Brosnahan is a real talent. But, I can only take so many dialogue-heavy scenes with everyone speaking quickly and nothing really happening. It sort of became a play instead of a TV show as the series has gone on.

Haven't tried Goliath because frankly I'm not a huge fan of Billy Bob Thornton and it doesn't pique my interest. Ditto with Julia Roberts in Homecoming. Frankly, I hope we're not getting to the point in these original series where it's just putting a big name into a so so vehicle and calling it good.

Maybe I try Sneaky Pete next? Any thoughts on that?
Old 01-17-2019, 02:09 AM   #85
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

That’s too bad you won’t give Jack Ryan a chance, awesome first season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2019, 02:29 AM   #86
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear

Haven't tried Goliath because frankly I'm not a huge fan of Billy Bob Thornton and it doesn't pique my interest. Ditto with Julia Roberts in Homecoming. Frankly, I hope we're not getting to the point in these original series where it's just putting a big name into a so so vehicle and calling it good.

Maybe I try Sneaky Pete next? Any thoughts on that?
I would cast aside any preconceived notions about Billy Bob and Julia Roberts and try S01 of Goliath (S02 didn't grab me at all) because it's about the interplay of the cast. Already mentioned my liking for Homecoming.

Sneaky Pete S01 I thought was serviceable ... original concept. S02 started to get too whacky.

By the way, I agree on High Castle...not sure what it was that didn't hook me in.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:27 AM   #87
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Couldn't get into The Man in the High Castle at all even though I gave it a couple of tries. Disappointing to me because alternative history/WWII stuff is my bag, baby. But I found this so slow and meh for some reason. I also didn't at all buy that Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany would've been content to split up the USA--they totally would've destroyed each other way earlier on. Maybe in later episodes they try to explain that a bit and pit them against one another, but I'm unimpressed.
I doubt that a good initial strategy would be to destroy each other. The Nazis probably like their disproportionate "split" (see map) but guess who really wants
Spoiler
anyway?

By the way, I like the show but it's not perfect.

Quote:
Haven't tried Goliath because frankly I'm not a huge fan of Billy Bob Thornton and it doesn't pique my interest.
I enjoyed season one of Goliath, but I deserved an award for finishing season two because it was pure garbage.

Quote:
I thought season 1 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel was really strong, but I lost interest in season 2 as it sort of veered away from the standup comedy and went a bit too Gilmore Girls for my liking. I really like the premise of a 1950s comedienne--very original and Rachel Brosnahan is a real talent. But, I can only take so many dialogue-heavy scenes with everyone speaking quickly and nothing really happening. It sort of became a play instead of a TV show as the series has gone on.
Don't know what "too Gilmore Girls means" (never saw the show). I think the dialogue is brilliant and I loved the way they closed season two with a strong final three episodes but I didn't like the
Spoiler
with Midge's (Brosnahan) mother Rose going through whatever she was going through and then apparently over it. Zachary Levi (Chuck, Shazam!) was a somewhat necessary device as Midge's rebound love interest but was he ever dull! Very much looking forward to season three.

Quote:
I think my favorite has been Bosch. I binged on all 4 seasons easily in about a week.
Yeah, Bosch is consistently good every episode.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:06 AM   #88
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Amazon Pilots

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I doubt that a good initial strategy would be to destroy each other. The Nazis probably like their disproportionate "split" (see map) but guess who really wants
Spoiler
anyway?

By the way, I like the show but it's not perfect.

I enjoyed season one of Goliath, but I deserved an award for finishing season two because it was pure garbage.

Don't know what "too Gilmore Girls means" (never saw the show). I think the dialogue is brilliant and I loved the way they closed season two with a strong final three episodes but I didn't like the
Spoiler
with Midge's (Brosnahan) mother Rose going through whatever she was going through and then apparently over it. Zachary Levi (Chuck, Shazam!) was a somewhat necessary device as Midge's rebound love interest but was he ever dull! Very much looking forward to season three.

Yeah, Bosch is consistently good every episode.

I added my own lyrics to the Bosch theme song and sing it every time my wife and I watch an episode. This has abruptly put an end to us watching Bosch together.

Couldn’t get into Homeland at all.
1. I hate Julia Roberts. I was hoping to get past this but I can’t.
2. Is it just me, or is the resolution SD for everything on the screen except the main focal point?
Look man, if you want to be artsy, paint a house with a squiggly line coming from the chimney. Otherwise, I pay for too bandwidth and a 4K TV. Don’t mess with my tech, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »