Home

Superman Man Of Steel

This is a discussion on Superman Man Of Steel within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #9
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Superman Reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
I know people were skeptical of Nolan casting Heath Ledger as The Joker, but I don't remember anybody saying they would not want The Joker in the movie regardless.
I meant the look he gave Heath, not necessarily the actual character of the Joker.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:27 AM   #10
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31

John Hamm will not play Superman he's too old even said so himself. I think if Routh was given another shot he could do it. It wasn't his fault that the Returns story wasn't great.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #11
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm all for Routh... he was a GREAT Superman.

I also think Snyder could do something VERY awesome and different with this franchise.

Last edited by DickDalewood; 10-05-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #12
Banned

dossier's Arena

OVR: 13

My problem with superman movies in general, and I realize the christopher Reeves era was limited to his technology(he was superman), but they need to make superman be a complete and udder badass. I want this guy to be impossible to beat by physical combat.

They need to go from regular star wars to force unleashed, yeah I like that analogy, but yeah just like that.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:53 AM   #13
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I like Routh as he really captured the essence of Superman AND Clark Kent quite well. It's good to hear that they're keeping the same tone of Superman Returns as well....Just hope the "Kid of Supes" subplot is killed though.

General Zod could be a very good villain in this if they really play up the military aspect of the character that's been shown at various times in his comics iteration. Maybe have him wanting to turn Earth into a New Krpton?

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-05-2010, 08:39 AM   #14
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I like Routh as he really captured the essence of Superman AND Clark Kent quite well. It's good to hear that they're keeping the same tone of Superman Returns as well....Just hope the "Kid of Supes" subplot is killed though.

General Zod could be a very good villain in this if they really play up the military aspect of the character that's been shown at various times in his comics iteration. Maybe have him wanting to turn Earth into a New Krpton?
I think it will be different. The way it sounded to me it will be a play off Returns and the original Donner movie. So it will not be a sequel to Returns and have no direct connection. This will probably be a new trilogy of it's own. But have that Donner feel, probably with John Williams music at least I hope that music just screams Superman and fits that franchise like his music to Star Wars. And I think Routh is the guy for Superman. He seperates the 2 entities well and is the perfect age still to do a 2 or 3 movie deal.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #15
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I thought the cast of Superman Returns was very good with the exception of Lois. The problem for me in the movie was the super-kid story (the jet scene is one of my top movie moments), but Routh was spot-on if they were trying to continue on from the Reeve movies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2010, 09:31 AM   #16
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I thought the cast of Superman Returns was very good with the exception of Lois. The problem for me in the movie was the super-kid story (the jet scene is one of my top movie moments), but Routh was spot-on if they were trying to continue on from the Reeve movies.
My feelings exactly

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »