Home

Official Hip Hop/Rap Music Thread

This is a discussion on Official Hip Hop/Rap Music Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-11-2008, 12:26 PM   #33
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Official Hip Hop/Rap Music Thread

Quote:
The self-proclaimed “best rapper alive,” Lil’ Wayne, proved to be just that, when his last album Tha Carter III sold over 1 million copies in its first week. Now, the rap superstar looks shine on a different stage, as QD3 Entertainment preps a film biography on the life and career of Mr. Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. titled, The Carter for 2009.

From the producers who delivered the Tupac Shakur documentary, Thug Angel, as well as the popular Beef DVD series, QD3 Entertainment in association with Young Money Entertainment, has announced plans to release the first-ever biography on the life and career of Weezy. Directed by filmmaker Adam Lough (The Upsetter, which chronicled the life and music of reggae producer Lee “Scratch” Perry), the film will explore the man, his family and the drive behind his fame.

"We at Young Money are thrilled to be working with QD3 on the production of The Carter,” noted Lil Wayne's manager Cortez Bryant in a statement. "As Weezy's manager and lifelong friend, I am excited to see Wayne's story documented with truth and sincerity. Not only is Wayne the hottest musician in the business, but his life story reads something like a Hollywood script enabling this film to break boundaries. And there is no doubt in Wayne's mind that this film will exceed any and all expectation. He's a f@#king rockstar!"

As the leading independent producer and aggregator of high quality urban content for multi-platform distribution, QD3 Entertainment Founder and CEO Quincy D. Jones III hopes the doc will serve as a vehicle to shed light on pre and post Hurricane Katrina New Orleans and offer insight from those who know Weezy best.

“In my career as a music/producer/film producer I’ve been blessed to have worked with some of the best artists of our time, including Tupac Shakur, LL Cool J, Queen Latifah, Ice Cube, and others,” Jones stated. “Lil’ Wayne is hands down the Tupac of this generation in that he is a true artist, a world class writer/performer, and he’s not afraid to push the envelop on any level which makes him a true original.

“QD3 Entertainment is thrilled that Lil’ Wayne and Young Money Entertainment has trusted our company to document his life,” he continued, “The fact that [Wayne] just sold over 1 million albums in the first week without any media ploys is a testament to the strength of his music and artistry. The goal is to go beyond a standard doc and create a theatrical product that will serve as the definitive documentation of Wayne’s life and career.”

The Carter is scheduled for release by Genius Products in 2009.

Source: SOHH.com
Did I read wrong or does it say that he is the "Tupac Of Our Generation"?

Excuse me for one second...

Old 07-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #34
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Jay-Z- A Billie Video, Live from Paris

http://musiconplay.net/10/07/2008/ja...live-in-paris/
Old 07-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #35
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Ron Artes....I mean The Game speaks out on 50 and Fight at Cousin's Funeral:

Quote:
Calling into Power 98.3’s “The Nutz In The Morning” show, The Game responded to the story of a fight that ensued between him and his cousin Robert “Kirky” Kirkwood during a funeral ceremony last weekend. Also, he had a few words about 50 Cent’s current state of mind.

As reported earlier this week, The Game’s cousin filed a police report saying he was punched by the Compton rapper during a funeral this past weekend. Though not denying the statement, The Game felt it was necessary to tell his side of the story.

After his cousin passed away in the hospital, the planning of the funeral immediately followed. The Game states that he spoke with his mother and decided he would help out financially for the funeral even though he was hesitant because of their past greed. “I thought that paying for the casket and flowers was cool (A cost of around $14,000), but they rejected that because they wanted me to pay for the whole thing (which Game states was around $17,000).”

The Game then explained that his cousin “Kirky” (an alleged Crip and brother of the passing sister) had planned to start something with him at the funeral because of his “failure” to put up the full costs of the ceremony, after which the fight began. “He said, ‘man, you ain’t my mother ****in’ family,’ and pushed me. And my reaction was to do what I do, and do what anybody would do in that situation. And the whole family jumped in and it was just like a royal rumble. I had no idea that they was gonna go to the police and do all that, like come on man. You premeditated this whole thing and it was all money-motivated.”

Finishing the interview with an unexpected jab at 50 Cent, The Game gave a poignant reason as to why 50 continues to kick out members of G-Unit. “50 [Cent] is just an unhappy individual. And no matter how much money he gets, how much Vitamin water he drinks, how much steroids he takes, how much deodorant he sells, he’s ain’t never gonna be happy.” Before he signed off, The Game joked, “Yayo gonna stick it out with his boyfriend [50 Cent] forever.”

hiphopdx.com
He is one Bipolar *** ************
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #36
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Jim Jones Calls Kanye A Crybaby:

Quote:
JIM JONES CALLS KANYE A “CRY BABY”

Recently, Jim Jones checked it with "Live with Kendra G. and DJ Touchtone" on 100.3 THE BEAT in Philly and Jim Jones confirmed the fact that Kanye West was upset this past June when he closed the show at Hot 97 Summer Jam. Jim Jones said tell Kanye to eat his heart out! He said he heard Kanye was acting like a little girl but when Kanye was told that Jim Jones was still in the building he tried to retract his statements.

When Kendra G. asked him were they cool Jim Jones said, " Kanye is the one in the industry who throws tantrums and people become use to it and we don't take things he says to personal because he is like the “Revenge of the Nerds to me.” He is the one who wears full buttons ups Danny Terial style! I don't like tight jeans! I only like tight jeans on females and that comment is not just for Ye! It seems like jeans are getting tighter and sneakers are getting bigger!

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 07-11-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

What a nice guy.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #38
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Detox to FINALLY come out...according to Snoop:
http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/n..._detox_is_done

Quote:
"I can’t remember an album ever being more highly anticipated that Dr Dre’s ‘Detox.’ It has been the perpetual coming soon project for over 5 years and has been the source of countless rumors. Well now MTV.co.uk is reporting that the project might actually be in it’s final stages. According to Snoop Dogg, long time Dre colaborator

'That record is real it’s coming. You know me, I was starting to doubt it myself and then I went up in there and he played so much music for me it knocked my head off. I see what he got them waiting for, it’s on and poppin. He got records, he got heat.'

However the game has changed so much even since Dre 2001 (Chronic 2001.) At age 43, Dre faces his toughest test yet, appealing to an audience of youngsters who think that Lil Wayne invented rap, a major side effect of such a long hiatus. During his slumber, Hip Hop has become watered down to appeal to the greater masses and the introspective and layered magic that Dre weaves in the studio may become lost to a great degree on the new audience. Although more “seasoned” fans such as myself and most of the Nation may appreciate the project the truth is Hip Hop’s torch has been passed and she doens’t belong to us anymore. Our opinions unfortunately don’t hold the same weight they used to and thus I’m affraid for how Dre’s work will be accepted. Only time will tell."
Old 07-11-2008, 01:05 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

That article was posted about two weeks ago, im really looking forward to it and glad that its actually going to be released.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #40
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Yea same here. I got Detox as 2nd on my list of CDs I'm waiting on the most.(1.Outkast Gangsta Grillz, 2. Detox, 3. Outkast follow up to Speakerboxx/Love Below.

That BWS Video in ur sig was like that. Ain't think nobody else on here really messed with them like that except me lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »