Home

"Dexter" The Forensic Investigator Serial Killer

This is a discussion on "Dexter" The Forensic Investigator Serial Killer within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-04-2006, 07:00 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: "Dexter" The Forensic Investigator Serial Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Not really true, most serial killers go through life uncaught specifically because they don't fit peoples idea of what a serial killer should be. When they introduced that guy and he started talking, he just jumped out at me as being the type of guy who is a serial killer, dark, thin, very neat, very well mannered, intelligent, precise attention to detail and most importantly a creepy factor in his persona that is off the charts.

As I said, if they really thought about it they would have given the audience a real surprise, that also would have made a point that serial killers aren't the obvious guy usually. And I disagree that it would be a huge logical leap for the real ice truck killer to be someone you wouldn't immediately identify as such, the real logic would have been fooling the audience just like real killers fool the public.
What was I wrong about? My post wasn't concerned with the appearance of the typical serial killer, just the perception that anyone "knows" who the serial killer was when they read a book or watch a movie/TV show. My point was if you're watching/reading a story about a serial killer, you're going to suspect anyone and everyone logically possible of being the serial killer, and so when the serial killer is ultimately revealed, it doesn't really come as a shock, because at some point you already cast suspicion upon him.

{Spoilers}
/
/
/
/
/

Anyway, this latest ep was really great. Did anyone figure out what was actually going on with Dexter as a kid in the blood? It seemed to me like he was witness to his own mother's murder.

/
/
/
/
/
{End Spoilers}
Old 12-04-2006, 07:06 PM   #50
Gimme the Oscar, Friendo.

Chief Illinimac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by neovsmatrix
What was I wrong about? My post wasn't concerned with the appearance of the typical serial killer, just the perception that anyone "knows" who the serial killer was when they read a book or watch a movie/TV show. My point was if you're watching/reading a story about a serial killer, you're going to suspect anyone and everyone logically possible of being the serial killer, and so when the serial killer is ultimately revealed, it doesn't really come as a shock, because at some point you already cast suspicion upon him.

{Spoilers}
/
/
/
/
/

Anyway, this latest ep was really great. Did anyone figure out what was actually going on with Dexter as a kid in the blood? It seemed to me like he was witness to his own mother's murder.

/
/
/
/
/
{End Spoilers}

That's how I interpreted it. Even more creepy was how she was calmly saying "close your eyes, Dexter" while (I think) being chainsawed to death. Seems like there's gonna be more to this scene... at least I hope so.

Last edited by Chief Illinimac; 12-04-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:17 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Well because you were saying the above, that the audience suspects anyone and everyone which seemed to refute my post of complaining about how they made the ITK so predictable. Perhaps I misunderstood and you weren't refuting my post at all and I do agree that most people would suspect anyone and everyone, what I was disagreeing with you about was they could have fooled the audience by giving them a prosthetics doctor who just did not seem like the type to end up being the killer.

You know, someone like Rudy that one Hobbit guy or someone who just seems open and likeable and not dark at all, unlike the current dark weirdo they got as the ITK doctor now.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #52
Gimme the Oscar, Friendo.

Chief Illinimac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Well because you were saying the above, that the audience suspects anyone and everyone which seemed to refute my post of complaining about how they made the ITK so predictable. Perhaps I misunderstood and you weren't refuting my post at all and I do agree that most people would suspect anyone and everyone, what I was disagreeing with you about was they could have fooled the audience by giving them a prosthetics doctor who just did not seem like the type to end up being the killer.

You know, someone like Rudy that one Hobbit guy or someone who just seems open and likeable and not dark at all, unlike the current dark weirdo they got as the ITK doctor now.
To the people not surprised about the identity of the ITK, I would just say that this show isn't like 24 or Heroes where there is always a cliffhanger or shocking way of ending the episode. I think the focus is more on the tension and anticipation building up for the revelation to Dexter rather than the mystery of who it was. Yeah it was sorta there for a couple episodes but I still think the show shines with character interaction rather than plot twists. Just my two cents.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:17 AM   #53
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
{Spoilers}
/
/
/
/
/

/
/
/
/
/
{End Spoilers}
Looked like there was a man already hacked up on the floor and his mom was about to get it with a chainsaw. Be interesting to see who was behind that and who the dismembered guy on the floor was.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 12-05-2006, 01:35 AM   #54
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspecialK
Looked like there was a man already hacked up on the floor and his mom was about to get it with a chainsaw. Be interesting to see who was behind that and who the dismembered guy on the floor was.
Maybe his biological father killed the mother and her new boyfriend?
Old 12-10-2006, 11:03 PM   #55
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxican8504
Maybe his biological father killed the mother and her new boyfriend?
That's kind of what I was thinking too. Tonight's episode, which was excellent by the way, didn't shed any light on that though. Next week is the season finale and it looks sweet.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2006, 01:42 AM   #56
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKibbles
That's kind of what I was thinking too. Tonight's episode, which was excellent by the way, didn't shed any light on that though. Next week is the season finale and it looks sweet.
This episode was pretty good. The finale looks like it will be awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »