Home

Green initiatives - from electronic business cards to repurposed furniture

This is a discussion on Green initiatives - from electronic business cards to repurposed furniture within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-26-2024, 07:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Green initiatives - from electronic business cards to repurposed furniture

I wanted to share some ways I'm trying to be more eco-friendly in my daily life. Instead of throwing away old furniture, I've been getting creative. For example, I recently took apart an old dresser and used the wood to make a stylish shelving unit. It was a fun project, and now I have a unique piece of furniture that didn't cost me a dime. Plus, I make sure to only use all-natural and eco-friendly cleaning products around the house.

I'm also big on digital solutions, like using an electronic business card instead of printing paper ones. It's a small change, but it adds up over time. Not to mention it's an affordable solution with big potential in marketing, so it's a win-win.

I try to minimize my carbon footprint by biking or carpooling to work whenever possible.

Shared a couple of resources and ideas and I'd love to hear how everyone else is pitching in to help the planet. Got any creative tips to share?

Last edited by divehard; 03-26-2024 at 08:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2024, 08:07 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Green initiatives - from electronic business cards to repurposed furniture

Apart from recycling, I also have a digital business card. I created it a couple of years ago, and I admit I just wanted to stop printing and reprinting because it's annoying. I have a new email address - go reprint. With an electronic card, I can update any info on the spot and even the cards previously shared get updated. This made me so excited that it took me a while to start thinking about the sustainability aspect of this solution. Exactly as you said - win-win. Anyway, I stopped using plastic bags and generally try to shop from (at least somewhat) green companies. I take my old clothes to stores that would take it to recycle. Also a win-win, they usually give you a small discount.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:12 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Green initiatives - from electronic business cards to repurposed furniture

Good idea about clothes, I'll look up retails near me to see if this option is offered. Honestly, most of them could and should start doing this. Why not?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »