Home

Software with built-in OCR

This is a discussion on Software with built-in OCR within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-16-2023, 10:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Software with built-in OCR

We need to update the system that connects each PC in the office, we keep making stupid mistakes due to how certain people keep on relying on my goodwill to tidy things up after them. There are 7 of us, plus we got 4 contributors working from home. We provide financial advice and accounting services, so we do a lot of scanning every day and of course - invoices. Plenty of invoices. So, there are at least a few people involved for each client, and each of them often makes changes to an existing doc before sending it back for reviewing. However, due to how messy things are at the moment, we tend to lose sight of which revision is the latest one...

So, I think it's time we invested a bit in software that will be able to search documents and pdf files by keywords and will also have version control. I don't think I'm asking for a lot here, and it will certainly make my position less head-ache inducing. If anyone here can recommend an easy-to-learn, easy-to-implement app that is also affordable (somehow ) I'll be truly grateful
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2023, 06:01 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Software with built-in OCR

I see your struggles, it's very annoying went such mistakes slip through the cracks. And to think that all it'd take to avoid it was for people to simply re-trace their steps and not to rush... But oh well, they can't all perform on the same level.
To answer your question, I've tried a few DMS tools in the past, and I think that might be just what you need. Having an organized directory that doesn't require babysitting is very helpful. Here are a few you can try: FileCenter, NetDocuments, M-Files

Last edited by helmbreaker; 08-23-2023 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-22-2023, 05:02 AM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for taking a look at my post! And these all seem like practical solutions, so it's up to me now to explore and compare them. Will do, of course
Old 03-14-2024, 05:44 AM   #4
Rookie

I totally get where you're coming from. In my previous job at a small tech firm, we also juggled loads of documents daily, including invoices and contracts, and keeping track of revisions was a nightmare. We decided to invest in software with robust OCR capabilities to help us manage and search through documents more efficiently. After some research, we found that the ID Analyzer ID Verification API was a great fit for us. It uses advanced OCR to scan and extract data from documents, making it easier to organize and find specific information. Plus, its ability to accurately handle documents in various languages was a big win for our diverse document requirements. This tool not only helped with our document management but also streamlined our identity verification processes. It might not be the traditional document management software you were thinking of, but its OCR capabilities and accuracy in data extraction could significantly ease your headache, especially for a business like yours that deals with financial advice and accounting services.

Last edited by bdbjdfsbjds; 03-18-2024 at 12:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »