Home

2012 AI Tactics and Settings

This is a discussion on 2012 AI Tactics and Settings within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #49
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: 2012 AI Tactics and Settings

Good to hear. The main thing I still am wondering about is should you set all the tactics to that. So the team always plays like that, but just attacks or defends more. Or, if you set other tactics to long ball, etc.

The problem is if you leave the others, the AI switches and then they're no longer playing like they should. I played against Milan last night and minutes in they started hitting long balls instead of slowly building up.

Also, on Evo Web someone just posted revised pressing values.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #50
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Good to hear. The main thing I still am wondering about is should you set all the tactics to that. So the team always plays like that, but just attacks or defends more. Or, if you set other tactics to long ball, etc.

The problem is if you leave the others, the AI switches and then they're no longer playing like they should. I played against Milan last night and minutes in they started hitting long balls instead of slowly building up.

Also, on Evo Web someone just posted revised pressing values.
I put those tactics in as "Standard" and I guess since Arsenal had the lead they never changed except to go defensive.

Maybe set 2 tactics to those values and 1 respectively for all out attack/all out defensive?
Old 12-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #51
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I put those tactics in as "Standard" and I guess since Arsenal had the lead they never changed except to go defensive.

Maybe set 2 tactics to those values and 1 respectively for all out attack/all out defensive?
I do like the sound of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2011, 05:17 PM   #52
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Spreadsheet has been updated.

Marlon at EvoWeb posted alternate pressing values and those have been added for EPL, Bundesliga, Serie A, Liga BBVA and Ligue 1.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nVVbjgxa2pQZEE
Old 12-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Very very sim! Thanks! Wonderful stuff, I simply love the tactical approach PES has and us being able to edit it.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #54
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

I'm getting a bit frustrated, though. I just played Barcelona and even with player support and support range set to '0', they still basically just quick countered each time they got the ball. Every time they just hit it long on the counter.

I'm starting to have a bad feeling it's just the game itself and it can not be tweaked.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:01 AM   #55
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I'm getting a bit frustrated, though. I just played Barcelona and even with player support and support range set to '0', they still basically just quick countered each time they got the ball. Every time they just hit it long on the counter.

I'm starting to have a bad feeling it's just the game itself and it can not be tweaked.
This is one thing I liked about 2011 over 2012. The game can get arcade like sometimes when the computer goes into their 110MPH mode. The action just gets too frantic.

Recently I've been going back to FIFA. 2012 has the foundation to be a great game but certain things hold it back. Sometimes I find myself more frustrated with the game then enjoying it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #56
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
This is one thing I liked about 2011 over 2012. The game can get arcade like sometimes when the computer goes into their 110MPH mode. The action just gets too frantic.

Recently I've been going back to FIFA. 2012 has the foundation to be a great game but certain things hold it back. Sometimes I find myself more frustrated with the game then enjoying it.
It's definitely frustrating. FIFA can actually be slowed down, but the AI is just horrid to me. However, PES has great AI, but now they're basically out of our control it seems.

I will not give up yet, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »