Home

Soccer ummm Football question from a newbie

This is a discussion on Soccer ummm Football question from a newbie within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-13-2023, 12:28 PM   #1
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3
Soccer ummm Football question from a newbie

I was NOT a Soccer/Football fan until I watched Welcome to Wrexham. NOW - I want to learn more and more.

I'm thinking of getting a used FIFA game just to check it out - for a person that knows very little except the basics - will I be Gob smacked (is that the right term? LOL) and it will be meaningless? I'm more into watching then being a thumb jockey.

Comments Opinions? Best games to learn the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2023, 09:52 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Soccer ummm Football question from a newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
I was NOT a Soccer/Football fan until I watched Welcome to Wrexham. NOW - I want to learn more and more.

I'm thinking of getting a used FIFA game just to check it out - for a person that knows very little except the basics - will I be Gob smacked (is that the right term? LOL) and it will be meaningless? I'm more into watching then being a thumb jockey.

Comments Opinions? Best games to learn the game?
If recentness of rosters really doesn't matter to you at all and you won't be bothered by teams or uniforms being out of date, then honestly you can get any FIFA or PES you want. The reasons particular FIFA or PES games will be "better" than others will be things you are unlikely to be bothered by or notice at this point. So, playing the best FIFA or PES is only relevant if you have a better understanding of what video game football should look like. I mean, stay away from "Mario Football" type games but honestly you can play whatever you want. FIFA, however is more likely to give you a bit of a break on the pitch because PES tends to put a lot more strategy and management in your hands than you may know what to do with right now. Also the system you're playing may limit your options anyway.
Old 05-14-2023, 10:29 AM   #3
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

LOL. Thanks. pS4. We have a place that sells used games so I think they have FIFA for the last decade. Yea. I don’t know ONE PLAYER AND ONLY Wrexham for teams. So those details would go over my head.

Is there like a manager only mode? We have watched 4 Premere games this weekend. I really enjoy this sport the more I watch. I think it might catch on in the rest of the world. :-)

Last edited by Grinder12000; 05-14-2023 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:37 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
LOL. Thanks. pS4. We have a place that sells used games so I think they have FIFA for the last decade. Yea. I don’t know ONE PLAYER AND ONLY Wrexham for teams. So those details would go over my head.

Is there like a manager only mode? We have watched 4 Premere games this weekend. I really enjoy this sport the more I watch. I think it might catch on in the rest of the world. :-)
You need to focus on finding something you can connect to with football because it's played all over the world. So, true fans of the sport will watch it at any level but do keep in mind that Wrexham is like watching A ball, or Division 2 College. It's become popular because it's NOT a top tier team. It's very far from Premier League and likely will never get up that high. I would try to watch something local to where you are to help you get into the mechanics of the sport. So, find the MLS team closest to you if you're in the states so you can have that home team motivation for watching.
As far as game features, a quick search of any FIFA or PES title will give you all the features, leagues, etc that came with that game.
Old 05-15-2023, 10:28 AM   #5
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

Yea - just like Hockey in Wisconsin nothing close and local sports news its not a thing. We have Forward Madison but ODDLY I'm not interested in in American Soccer. I know Wrexham moved up but yea - NOW it's in "A" ball.

There are ZERO American televised games in Wisconsin - only Premiere League on weekends for watching. I find European Football leagues FASCINATING.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2023, 06:20 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Yea - just like Hockey in Wisconsin nothing close and local sports news its not a thing. We have Forward Madison but ODDLY I'm not interested in in American Soccer. I know Wrexham moved up but yea - NOW it's in "A" ball.

There are ZERO American televised games in Wisconsin - only Premiere League on weekends for watching. I find European Football leagues FASCINATING.
You can get into the Premier League if that interests you. There are lots of other leagues in Europe though, the UK just has the most easily sold one in the US. Here in Canada people tend to be into Western European leagues as well as the Premier League. Also, football being the same game globally, people tend to get into the sport and specific teams rather than following an entire specific league. But you can do as you please. A friend of mine in Toronto recently asked how to get into football and I told him the best thing to do, which I think would be the best thing for you as well, is to start by watching the Champions League and the Europa League. That will expose you to a healthy dose of the best of Europe from which you can pinpoint a handful of teams you find interesting.
Old 05-15-2023, 06:34 PM   #7
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

Since FIFA does not have a coach mode which is what I'm looking for - BASICALLY I just want to watch a team I SORT of Control. Can eFootball do 90% of the inner workings of management? Since I know almost nothing about European Football?

That way I can ease my way into the sport learning as I go. I can watch any REAL game I want but it's nice to dabble in the virtual world.
Old 05-15-2023, 06:49 PM   #8
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

Since FIFA does not have a coach mode which is what I'm looking for - BASICALLY I just want to watch a team I SORT of Control. Can eFootball do 90% of the inner workings of management? Since I know almost nothing about European Football?

That way I can ease my way into the sport learning as I go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »