Home

$60 Roster Update

This is a discussion on $60 Roster Update within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-17-2020, 05:05 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: $60 Roster Update

Most of the fighters feel the same so I would not be interested.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:57 AM   #10
Rookie

Hell no , for how UFC 3 played and everyone feeling the same **** I wouldn’t pay for that. You shouldn’t have to pay for an updated roster. Just give us tools like 2k to update the roster and stats ourself and the ability to use those updated files in career mode.
Old 06-18-2020, 08:33 AM   #11
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

As an offline/universe guy, the roster is pretty important. I understand that many of the models in this game are "cookie cutter." I don't really struggle with that because I try to play with the same style as their real life counter parts (pressure, counterstriking, smothering etc...) 22 CAF slots is very limiting for how universe players play, so to hypothetically get an update with what...30 new fighters...I'm willing to pay. I can understand how others might be turned off at the idea, but fortunately 60 bucks isn't much for me and I think it'd pay for itself with how much in game fun i'd have with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2020, 09:00 AM   #12
MVP

I can see why people wouldn't want to pay, generally speaking.

What I would reiterate is that this would be WELL AFTER a point at which you could reasonably expect post launch support.

Even yearly sports titles eventually have a final update.

I wouldn't expect anyone to pay until at least something like a year after the games release.

Keep in mind, this would probably never happen. As the roster of the old game becomes super stale, an updated roster does become one of the primary selling points of the new game. It's just a fact. Plenty of people would buy a brand new roster with minimal changes to the actual game.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2020, 09:08 AM   #13
Pro

The thing is: it's never "just" a roster update.

EA is clever exploiting it for the FIFA series. They know people could easily mod it like if they allow it (like in PES every year), but due to a small career mode and some substantial gameplay tweaks people actually care about it and will buy it.

The thing is: some people spend hundreds of hours playing FIFA every year, to the point where a 1.5 version of the last game becomes worth the 60$ because even a slight improvement feels better. There's definitely an audience that wants to pay for this, even for EA UFC. Those who don't won't really miss out on something crucial, as long as you have options like stat equalization and no power creep in stats. Instead of a handful of additions (that I honestly never even end up seeing in-game) you can get a much more substantial content update.

Yearly games are the best choice for season-based sports like soccer or basketball. You can easily skip one or two years without the game feeling old.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »