Home

Old 02-07-2019, 12:12 PM   #9
Pro

LarsP's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why Lando???

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
What are you talking about specifically? Updating art likely isnt that difficult compared to adding a mode or a game related feature from a past game. For example during UFC 2, the team wanted to add a few of the FNC fight stances to the game but they couldn't because there were issues with them and the new animation system.
I'll try to find some examples, but maybe it was just my incompetence and you guys were talking about animations and not character models like you said.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:40 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Also 2 draws though.

I've noticed looking through social media posts about this weekends card. There is sooooo much talk about Lando. No one cares that hes only won 1 of those fights. Everyone is just saying stuff like "Why isn't Lando on the main card" "1 of the most exciting fighters in the UFC" "Has never had a boring fight"..

I can start taking screen shots even, you see it on all the facebook/IG/whatever else posts. People love that dude. Win or Lose, hes a massive fan favorite.
And also the fact that, even in his losses, he’s shown technique and skill on par with the elite of the division.

He’s an odd example of a fighter with a very advanced MMA game - who even enters the rare “god mode” that only very few fighters have ever pulled off (Adasenya and Silva come to mind), and has brief spurts where he’s dialed in, applying phantom pressure, and just looks incredible - but he’ll suddenly lose his psychological edge for whatever reason (perhaps cardio, perhaps some deeply ingrained self doubt) and start falling apart. I mean, look at what he was able to do to Ferguson in his UFC debut. Then in his very next fight he sleeps Makdessi with a spinning head kick.

He’s a confusing case though, the way he’s only won 1 in his last 5. It’s hard to pin point exactly what his downfall has been - it seems to be cardio related, or perhaps psychological... or maybe a combination of both. But you can almost see the exact moment in his fights where he loses his mojo. Like you can watch his fights, and see the exact moment where it’s like “oh, OK, he’s gonna start losing now”. It’s almost like he’s prone to suddenly falling out of his flow state - and can’t re-immerse himself back into the flow state once he’s popped out of it. But man, when he’s in that flow state, in the zone, he’s entertaining and skilled af.

For the sake of enhancing quick match, I’d love to see Vanatta added. I genuinely think he’d be my new favorite fighter to use. I actually play quick match the way he fights IRL... head movement, leg kicks, rangey footwork, reactive wrestling, etc. So he’d be a fantastic addition for me. I obviously wouldn’t use him in ranked, but I don’t really play ranked anymore since the new gen consoles and monitors give a massive advantage. I just mess around working my standup in qm nowadays.

Last edited by Good Grappler; 02-07-2019 at 12:43 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:09 AM   #11
Rookie

He's really entertaining and a fan favourite, but winning one fight out of six, and that single win not even coming against anyone notable, doesn't really warrant you to be in the game. I wouldn't mind him in there at all, but it can't really be hard to pinpoint why he isn't.

Also, how do you rate him? He's obviously showed a lot of skill, and at times, he looks like a world beater. But then he falls off and looks horrible. He hasn't consistently showed his skills in the UFC. You'd probably have to give him some really ****ty stats (great moves though).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2019, 08:53 AM   #12
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeawayJay
He's really entertaining and a fan favourite, but winning one fight out of six, and that single win not even coming against anyone notable, doesn't really warrant you to be in the game. I wouldn't mind him in there at all, but it can't really be hard to pinpoint why he isn't.

Also, how do you rate him? He's obviously showed a lot of skill, and at times, he looks like a world beater. But then he falls off and looks horrible. He hasn't consistently showed his skills in the UFC. You'd probably have to give him some really ****ty stats (great moves though).

John Makdessi is super legit. Also to KO a lifelong traditional martial artist with a spinning hook the way that he did was insanely impressive.

Also it's not like he literally lost 5 fights.. 2 are draws which he arguably won. And his other loses weren't blow outs either. Almost finished Ferguson on short notice. All his fights were very close.

Hes similar to a guy like Marc Diakiese, who has lost his last 3 also, but is obviously extremely skilled.

If you really wanna go deep. Lando has an arguably better track record in his last 6 than a high profile guy like Chris Weidman. Who is 2-4 with all 4 losses by way of knockout, where at least Landos fights are competitive, and he hes not just getting put out repeatedly.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 02-08-2019 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:09 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
John Makdessi is super legit. Also to KO a lifelong traditional martial artist with a spinning hook the way that he did was insanely impressive.

Also it's not like he literally lost 5 fights.. 2 are draws which he arguably won. And his other loses weren't blow outs either. Almost finished Ferguson on short notice. All his fights were very close.

Hes similar to a guy like Marc Diakiese, who has lost his last 3 also, but is obviously extremely skilled.

If you really wanna go deep. Lando has an arguably better track record in his last 6 than a high profile guy like Chris Weidman. Who is 2-4 with all 4 losses by way of knockout, where at least Landos fights are competitive, and he hes not just getting put out repeatedly.
Makdesi is a good fighter, but he is not a "name" that anyone who doesn't watch every single card would know of. Lando's win was super impressive, no doubt, but doesn't change the fact that he only won one single fight out of his last six. You bring up Weidman. All of his opponents was significantly bigger names than Makdesi. All of Weidmans four losses came to either former champs or former number one contenders (if I'm not mistaken). Lando is great, I like to watch him and I would also like him in the game of course. I was BIG on the Land bandwagon after his performance against Tony. IMO that was actually his biggest achievement yet. Up until he gassed, he was dominating Tony. But he's been way too inconsistent, and IMO, he hasn't earned a spot in the game as of now. There's a bunch of fighters I would want to see in before him. Fighters who have achieved a great deal more than Lando in the UFC.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:25 AM   #14
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

Talking Re: Why Lando???

Quote:
Makdesi is a good fighter, but he is not a "name" that anyone who doesn't watch every single card would know of. Lando's win was super impressive, no doubt, but doesn't change the fact that he only won one single fight out of his last six. You bring up Weidman. All of his opponents was significantly bigger names than Makdesi. All of Weidmans four losses came to either former champs or former number one contenders (if I'm not mistaken). Lando is great, I like to watch him and I would also like him in the game of course. I was BIG on the Land bandwagon after his performance against Tony. IMO that was actually his biggest achievement yet. Up until he gassed, he was dominating Tony. But he's been way too inconsistent, and IMO, he hasn't earned a spot in the game as of now. There's a bunch of fighters I would want to see in before him. Fighters who have achieved a great deal more than Lando in the UFC.
Is Lando on twitter im going to message him and Geoff and get him to question Geoff as to why he was not added to the game.No chance i will get a reply but FK it
Old 02-08-2019, 03:45 PM   #15
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
There's a bunch of fighters I would want to see in before him. Fighters who have achieved a great deal more than Lando in the UFC.
I dunno man, other than Thiago Santos, who ive been asking for for actual years at this point, there's no one else I'd rather have added than Lando right now. Anthony Smith is up there just for relevancy to the division currently, but honestly I'd probably barely use him compared to how frequently I'd be rocking Santos and Vannata.

Lando was 1 of the fighters I was most excited to play as when UFC 3 came out. I was expecting an updated roster, but was heart broken and baffled he wasn't in the game already upon release. I thought FOR SURE he'd at least be added in a patch down the road. Everyone did.... But it never happened...

Everytime we had threads with people predicting what new fighters we were getting in the upcoming patch, Lando was brought up every single time.

There's a massive list of fighters id wanna see added in an ideal world, but Lando is at the very top of that list for me.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 02-08-2019 at 03:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2019, 04:49 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
I dunno man, other than Thiago Santos, who ive been asking for for actual years at this point, there's no one else I'd rather have added than Lando right now. Anthony Smith is up there just for relevancy to the division currently, but honestly I'd probably barely use him compared to how frequently I'd be rocking Santos and Vannata.

Lando was 1 of the fighters I was most excited to play as when UFC 3 came out. I was expecting an updated roster, but was heart broken and baffled he wasn't in the game already upon release. I thought FOR SURE he'd at least be added in a patch down the road. Everyone did.... But it never happened...

Everytime we had threads with people predicting what new fighters we were getting in the upcoming patch, Lando was brought up every single time.

There's a massive list of fighters id wanna see added in an ideal world, but Lando is at the very top of that list for me.
And I get it, but I also see why he hasn't been.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »