Home

Realistic tweak to forward moving combos.

This is a discussion on Realistic tweak to forward moving combos. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #41
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Realistic tweak to forward moving combos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Can't we just get rid of combos?

Why does there need to be something that gives artificial speed and power to your punches ?

Can't we just throw punches without some background mechanic working?

Can't i just throw a jab left hook uppercut and it be the same thing everytime? (depending on stamina and health of fighter)

what's the obsession with combos.
Think about that for a second.

Without combos, every single strike you throw would return to the guard completely even when you throw one after the other.

That'd be incredibly lame.

When a fighter throws a 1-2-3 combo, the 2 is thrown before the 1 returns completely and the 3 is thrown before the 2 returns completely... That makes it efficient and requires less energy when thrown that way.

Removing combos is not an option.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2018, 10:10 AM   #42
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
Think about that for a second.

Without combos, every single strike you throw would return to the guard completely even when you throw one after the other.

That'd be incredibly lame.

When a fighter throws a 1-2-3 combo, the 2 is thrown before the 1 returns completely and the 3 is thrown before the 2 returns completely... That makes it efficient and requires less energy when thrown that way.

Removing combos is not an option.

They don't need to be the way they are for punches to be able to come out like that.

Just make it so the punches still come out that way when thrown minus the speed and power retention bonus.

I don't remember the fight night games having a 100 combo page list to look at.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:23 AM   #43
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Quote:
They don't need to be the way they are for punches to be able to come out like that.

Just make it so the punches still come out that way when thrown minus the speed and power retention bonus.

I don't remember the fight night games having a 100 combo page list to look at.
Without the speed and power retention bonus, counter fighting would become incredibly OP.

You think you hate the game now? Wait till nobody ever wants to engage ever, or all we see are pot shots and point fighting.

Let me ask you something. What is giving you the most issue? Forward moving combos while you're trying to create space or stationary combos?

Old 04-28-2018, 10:31 AM   #44
MVP

How about briefly introducing hard strikes for certain punches namely the rear overhand.

If a dude keeps blitzing with combos, IRL the rear overhand is a great way to keep them honest.

What I propose is for the rear overhand punch, you have two ways to throw. One is the regular strong rear overhand which is your normal button press, the second you hold down the button for longer, sacrificing recovery frames hugely BUT get a massive stagger buff and rock chance increase if it lands.

Either that or you could remove the magnet lock on, give the front teep a buff by removing the switch step and reducing the stamina tax, introducing perfect block and counters off it, reduce the frames for body strikes evasion so you can dig the body safely, improve ease of clinching and takedowns, develop the stiff arm mechanic further, tidy up the forward moving combo animations, reduce the effectivness of punches as a defende against takedowns, increase stamina drain long term for combos, slow down the combo punches a smidge, perhaps even remove hard combos for punches and introduce the idea by the dude in the post above, introduce auto clinch entry or body to body touching if a guy gets close (so he smothers his own punches).

Actually that final idea could work nicely. If a guy goes forward and the other guy stands still, the guy going forward will smother his punches.

Smothering your own punches is a thing and it actually requires quite a bit of skill to maintain the correct range for combo punching whilst moving forward.

Here the game automatically enforces a barrier between you and your opponent. Removing that barrier opens up opportunity for clinch and grapples plus smothering meaning most people will have to think twice before blitzing combos forward.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:40 AM   #45
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
Without the speed and power retention bonus, counter fighting would become incredibly OP.

You think you hate the game now? Wait till nobody ever wants to engage ever, or all we see are pot shots and point fighting.

Let me ask you something. What is giving you the most issue? Forward moving combos while you're trying to create space or stationary combos?

I don't hate this game, i am incredibly passionate about it.

Currently every fight i have people come at me like a bull, literally i can only think of ZombieR as the only guy i have fought who has had a patient 5 round fight with me.

I'd say the issue is the speed at which punches are coming out in stationary, they can literally just plant their feet and start winging combos so fast that if you haven't preemptively leaned the correct direction you will get your block broken and knocked out.

They have taken the power out of the lean counters, unless you lean and pop a straight out, which is a nice touch but it seems as the defender you are are at the disadvantage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2018, 11:45 AM   #46
Banned

Im so sick of defending simple left right hard combos it's annoying me since release pls development team add this asap
Old 04-28-2018, 11:53 AM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Can't we just get rid of combos?

Why does there need to be something that gives artificial speed and power to your punches ?

Can't we just throw punches without some background mechanic working?

Can't i just throw a jab left hook uppercut and it be the same thing everytime? (depending on stamina and health of fighter)

what's the obsession with combos.
I'd also like to know. Just get rid of them it's stupid.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:01 PM   #48
MVP

Can we keep the removing combos to another thread, completely avoids the OP here. Kinda ruins such a great thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »