Home

EA UFC 3 Solid's Striking Guide

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 Solid's Striking Guide within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-27-2017, 05:26 PM   #25
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 Solid's Striking Guide

I don't think these optios for controls exist. You should probably try to contact the devs directly, about this. It'd probably be easier to explain directly to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 08:56 PM   #26
Pro

Altair, are you on ps4 or xbox1?
Old 11-27-2017, 09:46 PM   #27
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
You're welcome. I can't reveal details, but I suppose I can say that grapple striking isn't exactly the same. If you're excited for novelty, stay excited.

So you totally lied about this, in addition to insulting women and lecturing us about MMA games while you knew nothing about the moves in Undisputed. Ok then!
Old 11-27-2017, 09:59 PM   #28
Rookie

anyone notice the fighters can be so close they are almost touching and yet punches seem so short they miss while our heads are almost touching.

also a big help in stand up is to remap the blocking system and remove the fake since it cancels the strikes mid air (it doesn't fake anyone out anyway)

seems real clunky
and i doubt they will gain any new players as they've created a game that will take you 3 months just to learn the basics. and thats after you read a Bible on the game.

what happened to Fight night style "Total Control"? did the main guy leave or something.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:56 AM   #29
Banned

I think I have found a massive design flaw in the striking, let me explain.

It is better to miss all the shots of a combo and only hit with the last one.

For example a 1-1-overhand usually gets blocked when you are in range.

If you stay out of range and miss the 1-1, the overhand gets a HUGE damage and range boost and knocks people out. No one can see it coming because they are going to open up after you missed all your strikes.

I am destroying people online with this and am currently 50-3. My only losses were due to submissions and latency.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:49 AM   #30
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
Altair, are you on ps4 or xbox1?
PS4. Altair_Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimmestRogue
So you totally lied about this, in addition to insulting women and lecturing us about MMA games while you knew nothing about the moves in Undisputed. Ok then!
There are mini-rocks that break the clinch due to strikes. It's now easier to keep holding people while landing many elbows and knees in MT.

And on the ground, the arm traps have a different input. They have to be more deliberate, now. They're like a denial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balboa
anyone notice the fighters can be so close they are almost touching and yet punches seem so short they miss while our heads are almost touching.

also a big help in stand up is to remap the blocking system and remove the fake since it cancels the strikes mid air (it doesn't fake anyone out anyway)

seems real clunky
and i doubt they will gain any new players as they've created a game that will take you 3 months just to learn the basics. and thats after you read a Bible on the game.

what happened to Fight night style "Total Control"? did the main guy leave or something.
You can get used to not fake by accident in couple of days. Don't worry. Also, fakes actually work.

As to Total Control, what happened is that it's finally here. The "down side" is that you have to git gud at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayALI
I think I have found a massive design flaw in the striking, let me explain.

It is better to miss all the shots of a combo and only hit with the last one.

For example a 1-1-overhand usually gets blocked when you are in range.

If you stay out of range and miss the 1-1, the overhand gets a HUGE damage and range boost and knocks people out. No one can see it coming because they are going to open up after you missed all your strikes.

I am destroying people online with this and am currently 50-3. My only losses were due to submissions and latency.
Why on Earth would you think of this as a design flaw? Using range whiffs as a bait is the oldest trick in the book, both in real fights and fight games. Rejoice that you found about it quickly (and I'm guessing you don't play arcade games).

As to the huge damage, did you read GPD's breakdown? The whiffs are not what's causing it.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:20 AM   #31
MVP

Does the teep kick exist?

Really need it to keep these guys away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 08:21 AM   #32
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad5Cg9ToKRM

This was a fight between aholbert32 and I. It ilustrates some of the ideas mentioned in this guide, especially block busting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »