Home

Starving for new info on EA UFC3.

This is a discussion on Starving for new info on EA UFC3. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-23-2017, 12:42 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Starving for new info on EA UFC3.

I still do not know the title of ufc 3 game
or just
EA SPORTS UFC 3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 01:52 PM   #42
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by martialxd
I still do not know the title of ufc 3 game
or just
EA SPORTS UFC 3
Does it matter? You know its coming out.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:12 PM   #43
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I read title is rumored to be "Face the Pain"
Old 09-23-2017, 03:49 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
This seems to be the one, from the activity it's getting. It would be intresting to see what changed on the striking controls though. As you mentioned later on:

It seems pretty impossible to use the controller to duck & counter strike with this layout, but perhaps the head movement is not resetting as soon as you let go of the right stick, in order to give you a window to strike? (kind of how EA UFC 2 head movement works, to allow modified strikes on that short leaning window)

This headmovement implementation to the right stick, seems like a significant change, but not "THE CONTROLS? COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NOW" type of change: https://i.imgur.com/z9kyXvz.jpg

llᴉds oʇ suɐǝq ǝɹoɯ ʇol ɐ ǝɹɐ ǝɹǝɥʇ sdɐɥɹǝԀ
I just rewatched that video with Corey playing the game and I did notice a few things. Corey definitely didn't use L2 much which is EA UFC 2's current Head movement/ Body strike modifier.

The Dev or whoever Corey was playing didn't use R1 & R2 at all.

Also the way Corey was pressing the face buttons either meant he was spamming the right hook since he pressed square alot while moving forward, or the games controls really did change to be like Fight Night where (Square is Jab), (Triangle is Cross), (X is Left Hook), & (Circle is Right Hook.) Which would mean Corey was pumping out a jab or cross depending on his stance.

It's just speculation but that's the only way I can see the controls being completely different, and the only way I see us being able to do things we weren't able to do before. Because Fight Nights control scheme allows for strikes to be thrown regardless of what direction you are moving, side to side, backwards, forward. Meaning I could chase my opponents down with jabs, straights, Instead of having to stop moving to throw a jab or straight like we have to on EA UFC 2.

Headmovement on the right stick is not enough to make the controls completely different. EA MMA had a strike modifier for kicks if anyone remembers. Me personally I've always to see what an MMA game would be like if they used the button striking scheme Fight Night uses. Instead of copying the same format UFC Undisputed has been using for it's striking where the left stick direction you press effects the type of strike thrown.

Think about any fighting game you've played and the control scheme it had regardless if it was a simulation game, or arcade. Or a mixture of both.

There's literally only been controls similar to what UFC Undisputed had, Fight Night TPC, FSC & Fight Night Face Buttons, Don Kings Prize Fighter, EA MMA. EA UFC 1 & 2

Bellator FC, Supremacy MMA, Pride FC, UFC Tapout 1& 2, UFC Sudden Impact. Which were all arcade style MMA games.

Tekken, DOA, KOF, & Street Fighter.

Clearly EA UFC 3 is not going the arcade scheme route, and it's not going to stick striking. If the controls for EA UFC 3 are that different then both EA UFC 1 & 2 the only thing I see left is something similar to the face button striking like Fight Night or Prize Fighter uses, which gets rid of having to press backwards and punch to throw an uppercut like we have in EA UFC and UFC Undisputed.

The face button type of striking that Fight Night uses is the only type of striking we haven't seen in a MMA game yet. EA MMA didn't even have this they just used the same formula that EA UFC & UFC Undisputed has for button striking.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:02 PM   #45
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Weren't some gamechangers playing fight night right after the last Canada trip?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 05:00 PM   #46
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Now that i think of it though, here are 2 speculations i had on a different thread recently, when it comes to the right analog stick's usage, based on that twitter video: https://twitter.com/CoreyA_MMA/statu...80502680100864

Quote:
Maybe the twitter posted footage, where people were wondering about the right analog stick's usage, had something to do with a seemless shove/clinch mechanic like that? A mechanic that works more for aiming/penetrating specific blocks/ staying locked to your opponent when you get close in the pocket??
and then i went in a bit too far fetched here:

Quote:
When you use the right stick away from the opponent, you extend your arm and try to keep away from the pocket range(Jon Jones hand extension style) When you use the right stick torwards the opponent, you grab them to get in the pocket (Anderson Silva, 1 handed style, if they grab back you engage in single collar clinch). When you move the right stick up or down you try to slap the opponent's extended arm or try to open up their blocking, in order to allow yourself to get in the pocket and open up for a strike.

(you don't have to hold the right stick, just flick it and your fighter looks as if he is locking into a stance, different stances for differenet ranges)
Considering most mma fighters who test & try out these games, are pretty novice at them, i doubt they like using the clinch, yet Corey Anderson was pretty confident constantly using the right stick, away & torwards the opponent.

Try and notice the direction the sticks are moving. It seems like they both use the stick torwards the same direction, which is to their left.

The dev uses it only once, then isntantly rushes for a counter punch, indicating it's a lean+ straight or jab counter. However Corey is flicking the stick to his left as well, indicating he is either:

A) Ducking forward

B) Trying to get a hold of the opponent to set up a strike? (Considering the dev isn't blocking, but rather running away, if pressumably R1/R2 are still the blocks)

If you take my speculation, they are kinda locking into stances with the Right Stick(Pocket Range,Long Range)

Last edited by manliest_Man; 09-23-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:00 PM   #47
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Weren't some gamechangers playing fight night right after the last Canada trip?
Yes we were and some of the devs.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:12 PM   #48
Rookie

So in my mind right stick head movement is all but confirmed. My original comment about it got a reaction from a game changer and GPD so it felt like I was possibly right. Now Zombie mentioning some one was "spot on" about their guess and me posting it was my guess he was talking about and the reaction that comment got has basically confirmed that right stick head movement is in. Some are saying that's not that big of a change, but it is. Head movement not stopping your foot work is HUGE. Striking and head movement being on the same hand is also a huge change. I'm still not sure how it will work while maintaining fluidity and responsiveness. The head movement can be responsive and the striking can be responsive, but using them simultaneously? I can't wait to see some details about this.

Last edited by smokeface; 09-23-2017 at 09:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »