Home

Questions? Need advice? Ask me anything!

This is a discussion on Questions? Need advice? Ask me anything! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-02-2017, 10:32 PM   #145
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Questions? Need advice? Ask me anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlazeM8
Elaborate? :P
Punching resets the denial window.

So if you flick to deny (when you are just guessing when and where they will transition) and then punch, you can flick after the strike to deny again without overriding the denial window.

Not sure how else to explain it

Let me take another crack at it.

Say you are in (Dominate) Sprawl.

Let's also say you want to do the counter guillotine but know that you can't it off reaction.

Let's say you want to gamble that they are going to go up (to over under). In other words, you want to 100% flick up.

Ideal situation is:

They are waiting a bit to gain some GA so they have a faster transition to go up.

*It's important to note that you obviously can't spam flick denials on the ground because there is a cooldown or 'reset' period that prevents you from spamming denials*

Therefore..

You put them into a window where they feel they are free to transition up, in the middle of your punches. You FLICK and immediately punch them in the body, and then flick again right after the punch. Because you hit them with a strike, that 'Cooldown' period is reset, which allows for another denial at any time.

Of course, their are counters to this by just transitioning DURING someones punch or prolonging your transition.

I do this a ton in sprawl, where I will hammerfist the back of their head, flick to block guard, re hammer fist, ect. but mix up the denials.

You can also ABUSE this which is even more easy, by avoiding the punch flick all together when you are in submissive. You see them hit you, presume they denied, hold out on the transition a liiiiitle bit and then do your transition after their denial window is missed.

Think of it like a time line-

FLICK________ Flick Again
.......(Cooldown)

VS.

Flick (strike) Flick Again
.......cooldown

You overlap the cooldown with the strike to reset the window in which to block again.

Last edited by Kenetic NRG; 02-02-2017 at 11:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2017, 11:24 PM   #146
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

Ohhhh yeah I do that a lot in sprawl and backside actually. Thought you literally meant flicking side to side tbh

So pretty much, punch, flick to deny, punch, flick to deny?
#3 UT Player (PS4)
95%+ Win Record Overall

#14 - LEC 205
#7 - LEC 203
#3 - LEC 214

But, I'm still selling wolf tickets.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:45 PM   #147
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlazeM8
Ohhhh yeah I do that a lot in sprawl and backside actually. Thought you literally meant flicking side to side tbh

So pretty much, punch, flick to deny, punch, flick to deny?

Correct. But keep in mind if someone knows about this and is a smart player they will almost always avoid it.

Last edited by Kenetic NRG; 02-03-2017 at 02:28 AM.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:01 AM   #148
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

You ever lunge forward? Someone with decent striking was using that fairly effectively against me tonight. I hardly ever see it. Dude was using it in almost every exchange.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:03 AM   #149
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
You ever lunge forward? Someone with decent striking was using that fairly effectively against me tonight. I hardly ever see it. Dude was using it in almost every exchange.
I've messed with it a bit but it screws up cage cutting and how I manage distance.

If you get good with it it isn't a bad technique. The step adds a counter damage modifier so it's easier to interrupt someone. Just not worth it for me.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #150
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

Do you know if more than 85% of the roster will have that stupid superman punch? Unless done correctly, i'd rather not have it in UFC 3. Especially if that's one of the only punch modifers we'll have. I don't even use Max Holloway or Yair Rodriguez because of the superman punch alone.

If you can't answer then just ignore

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 02-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #151
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

Talking Re: Questions? Need advice? Ask me anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
Punching resets the denial window.

So if you flick to deny (when you are just guessing when and where they will transition) and then punch, you can flick after the strike to deny again without overriding the denial window.

Not sure how else to explain it

Let me take another crack at it.

Say you are in (Dominate) Sprawl.

Let's also say you want to do the counter guillotine but know that you can't it off reaction.

Let's say you want to gamble that they are going to go up (to over under). In other words, you want to 100% flick up.

Ideal situation is:

They are waiting a bit to gain some GA so they have a faster transition to go up.

*It's important to note that you obviously can't spam flick denials on the ground because there is a cooldown or 'reset' period that prevents you from spamming denials*

Therefore..

You put them into a window where they feel they are free to transition up, in the middle of your punches. You FLICK and immediately punch them in the body, and then flick again right after the punch. Because you hit them with a strike, that 'Cooldown' period is reset, which allows for another denial at any time.

Of course, their are counters to this by just transitioning DURING someones punch or prolonging your transition.

I do this a ton in sprawl, where I will hammerfist the back of their head, flick to block guard, re hammer fist, ect. but mix up the denials.

You can also ABUSE this which is even more easy, by avoiding the punch flick all together when you are in submissive. You see them hit you, presume they denied, hold out on the transition a liiiiitle bit and then do your transition after their denial window is missed.

Think of it like a time line-

FLICK________ Flick Again
.......(Cooldown)

VS.

Flick (strike) Flick Again
.......cooldown

You overlap the cooldown with the strike to reset the window in which to block again.
i have had a good few players do that to me i was wondering what the hell was going on it looks like they are striking and denying at the same time now i know whats going on thanks for the tips thats awesome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2017, 06:41 PM   #152
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

how do you deny submissive sprawl to over/under? I thought it was r2 and up, but I can only deny it 1% of the time.

Can you think of any reason why we shouldn't see who opponent picks in ranked?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »