Home

EA Sports UFC Content Update #7 Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Content Update #7 Impressions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-30-2015, 01:10 AM   #9
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC Content Update #7 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
So not true. I have had my 1st kick of a fight caught many times by the CPU 3 seconds into the game.
They messed it up then.

Gameplay – Added the ability to catch kicks on parries if the attacking fighter has low stamina or high leg damage when throwing a kick. If Parry button is held, a takedown will be initiated.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/...ails-included/
Old 01-30-2015, 10:54 AM   #10
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I also find it somewhat comical how often I rock the CPU, only to have him quickly shake it off and rock me right back, usually leading to me stumbling around for 10 seconds until they KO me. Why is it that it takes so much longer for me to come back around? I apologize for all the whining, these are just things that I always feel are a bit unfair from my experience with the game. Just out of curiosity, what % of takedowns would you say you guys score against the CPU on Hard or above? I feel like they block damn near all my attempts, even when I shoot in while they're on one foot or turned around backwards. It gets to the point where I almost stop trying to do them.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:13 AM   #11
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
They messed it up then.

Gameplay – Added the ability to catch kicks on parries if the attacking fighter has low stamina or high leg damage when throwing a kick. If Parry button is held, a takedown will be initiated.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/...ails-included/
Yeah they messed it up. CPU can catch your kick when ever they want, regardless if you have high stamina or throw it in a combo. And LOL @ leg damage. CPU don't throw enough leg kicks to do leg damage and leg damage really don't exist in this game anyway.

I have had games where I threw nothing but leg kicks all 5 rounds and look at the HUD and the CPU shows no damage to his leg at all in the post fight report.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2015, 11:23 AM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I also find it somewhat comical how often I rock the CPU, only to have him quickly shake it off and rock me right back, usually leading to me stumbling around for 10 seconds until they KO me. Why is it that it takes so much longer for me to come back around? I apologize for all the whining, these are just things that I always feel are a bit unfair from my experience with the game. Just out of curiosity, what % of takedowns would you say you guys score against the CPU on Hard or above? I feel like they block damn near all my attempts, even when I shoot in while they're on one foot or turned around backwards. It gets to the point where I almost stop trying to do them.
Yeah the CPU ability to survive rock states at times is just CRAZY. Even more CRAZY is how damn fast they can move backwards while rocked. They can move backwards faster rocked then you can move forward full of health. I been saying that since day one. Last night I was fighting against Dodson, had him rocked and landed 8 hard shots to his face UNBLOCKED while he was still standing backing away and not only did he SURVIVE, he took me down. And this was on NORMAL.

Even on normal the ability to take down the CPU or even clinch the CPU is rare. Their take down defense and clinch blocking skills is insane, regardless who the fighter the CPU is. And on Hard it is 20 times worse. Some games it is like the CPU says I'm going to win this fight and there is nothing you can do about it, I'm going to stuff all your take downs and clinch attempts. I'm going to eat all your hard punches and block all your sub attempts because I'm the terminator.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:45 AM   #13
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Agree on all counts. The CPU does some crazy stuff. Whats even worse is when you are rocked you move molasses and the CPU comes at you like the energizer bunny.

The leg kicks are useless. Barely see any head kick KO's and kicks to the leg do nothing.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2015, 01:05 PM   #14

OVR: 34

They still can't seem to handle a good stamina balance with this game.

If you throw 300 plus strikes in an accelerated 3 round fight, you should be easily knocked out.

It's all too random and just broken.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:14 AM   #15
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
The biggest problem in the game for me, and I'm not really sure how they'd fix it, is that it just seems like the KOs come too randomly. 9 times out of 10 when a guy gets flash KO'd, it comes from a strike that isn't any harder than a dozen of others from earlier in the fight. I can hit modified strikes all day long that apparently aren't strong enough to do the job, but then they catch me with a cross when I'm leaning in and lights out. It's rare that I get a satisfying flash KO, and even when I do, it seems less awesome because I've already landed the same strike several times before.

I mean really, when's the last time you saw someone take 4 or 5 flying knees to the chin without being at least wobbled a bit?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2015, 09:09 AM   #16

OVR: 34

I could not KO this guy and I tried as hard as I could to be patient and counter his madness. He threw almost 400 punches and I was concerned I wasn't going to make it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »