Home

EA Sports UFC Gameplay Video - Feel The Fight

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Gameplay Video - Feel The Fight within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-20-2014, 05:51 AM   #57
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: EA Sports UFC Gameplay Video - Feel The Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
Exactly, I've seen Pettis try riskier moves as well, they don't all work, but that's part of his fight style. Like you said, people need to learn the product and the fighters first and foremost.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I know a lot of other people here will have done also, but when you watch every UFC event for the last 5 years you remember things like that. I know Ebersole attempts those regularly for instance.

It makes me laugh when people try to claim something never happens in a forum like this where a lot of people watch literally nearly all the fights that take place.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #58
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
I know a lot of other people here will have done also, but when you watch every UFC event for the last 5 years you remember things like that. I know Ebersole attempts those regularly for instance.

It makes me laugh when people try to claim something never happens in a forum like this where a lot of people watch literally nearly all the fights that take place.

I was thinking about Ebersole too. He's thrown that kick several times in the UFC but never landed it.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:03 AM   #59
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I was thinking about Ebersole too. He's thrown that kick several times in the UFC but never landed it.
I remember someone landed one once but not with a lot of force behind it.

Going back to the trailer, i love how the strikes were connecting. Collision detection is one thing that's held sports games back over the years, and with this game and FIFA, devs seem to finally be overcoming that obstacle.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:08 PM   #60
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I thought about him as well, and although I'm not outright against "flashy" moves in the game - if you map a button and stick move together for that fighter, it becomes something in his arsenal in-game that you'll see multiple times per fight, whereas in real life for some fighters you may only see it once or twice in his career. And in Ebersole's case, as you mentioned he's never used it to effectiveness, so is it a throwaway move in the game that doesn't cause too much damage? Or is it over-emphasized with people smashing the share button to show their cartwheel-kick KO.

Signature moves are cool, but only given a very solid foundation. I would hope that 2 people can have a basic muay thai/kickboxing match in the game using mostly fundamentals with respectful-to-the-sport results; and have the fundamentals outweigh the flash.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:14 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm surprised no one mentioned this but we see some new fighters in this trailer that haven't been officially announced yet. I think I saw.....

Nate Diaz
Roy Nelson
Meisha Tate
Allistair Overeem
Ryan Bader

Did you guys catch anyone else?

Last edited by sportsfan8812; 03-21-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2014, 10:50 PM   #62
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm not sure if Koscheck has been confirmed in the past, but he was in the trailer early on if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2014, 11:11 PM   #63
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
I'm surprised no one mentioned this but we see some new fighters in this trailer that haven't been officially announced yet. I think I saw.....

Nate Diaz
Roy Nelson
Meisha Tate
Allistair Overeem
Ryan Bader

Did you guys catch anyone else?
Pascal Krauss too. Meisha was actually announced back in December but this is the first time weve seen her.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:35 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hopefully in the next installment EA can start giving fighters signature strikes / movement...like how in the NBA 2K series all of the star players have unique shots/dunks/free throws/crossovers/etc.

It's not like they have to get every fighter to come in to mo cap everything, just do it like how 2K does it: have a handful of NBA players (such as the cover athlete) come in and do the mo cap for their own moves, and for the rest, just use some amateur basketball player to mimic the moves of the NBA players.

Maybe EA can get some amateur fighters to come in to mimic the movement/stances/strikes of the UFC fighters. It might take a few iterations to give all of the fighters unique animations, but it would be nice if they started the process for the most popular fighters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »