Home

Career mode longevity updates?

This is a discussion on Career mode longevity updates? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2024, 09:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Career mode longevity updates?

Good day all. Couple of questions regarding career mode and the last patch update.

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought I read that career mode longevity was fixed to ensure a more lengthy career? Has anyone noticed this to be the case?

2. Has anyone been able to replicate the Win Loss records of some of the A.I. fighters? I noticed that there are a few pretty extensive records that it seems like we can't get up to ourselves.

In my latest career, I'm at 21 fights and my longevity bar is depleted. Looks like I'll be afforded one more fight and thats it. If I'm seeing clearly, some of the CPU fighters have records up into the 30 fights range (maybe even 40s?).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2024, 12:25 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Career mode longevity updates?

1. Honestly, the longevity meter is fine. Quite frankly I've stopped way before the meter was finished, just because I reached GOAT and it felt pointless. I'm against it out of principle (no needless restrictions), but career mode is just not interesting enough to play it that long, so why care? I think it was introduced in order to prevent GOAT status from being "an eventuality".

2. Isn't that completely random? As you are no doubt aware, there is no "life" to the mode apart from random champion changes. There's no actual events and changing stats anymore like in EAUFC2 (3?).
Old 04-22-2024, 11:40 AM   #3
Rookie

I started a career not too long ago. I'm 41-0. Finished everyone. Not the GOAT yet. I'm struggling with Performance awards. Im playing on hard and I mostly manage to score finishes in the first rd of every fight im in but never get the performance bonus.

At first, there was social media interaction. Now, my social media (which I hype to every week) just sits there with ages old messages from around the time i was in my first 10-15 fights. Never get anything new. I just sim sparring, do my mandatory hype events/sponsorships. Go into a fight, finish them in the first, repeat. Kinda not really fun to be honest. Even my universe is getting kinda boring.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:42 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax79
I started a career not too long ago. I'm 41-0. Finished everyone. Not the GOAT yet. I'm struggling with Performance awards. Im playing on hard and I mostly manage to score finishes in the first rd of every fight im in but never get the performance bonus.

At first, there was social media interaction. Now, my social media (which I hype to every week) just sits there with ages old messages from around the time i was in my first 10-15 fights. Never get anything new. I just sim sparring, do my mandatory hype events/sponsorships. Go into a fight, finish them in the first, repeat. Kinda not really fun to be honest. Even my universe is getting kinda boring.
Career certainly needs life injected into it. I can use my imagination to an extent, but at this point in console development I really shouldn’t have to considering the power these systems have nowadays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »