Home

EA please tone down the AI side lunging

This is a discussion on EA please tone down the AI side lunging within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2024, 12:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA please tone down the AI side lunging

If EA could patch the AI to stop side lunging so frequently and with so much range the tracking would be near perfect offline,sometimes they are nearly behind you as you begin to throw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2024, 09:58 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: EA please tone down the AI side lunging

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563
If EA could patch the AI to stop side lunging so frequently and with so much range the tracking would be near perfect offline,sometimes they are nearly behind you as you begin to throw.
If I remember correctly, I believe the devs said this had something to do with the camera angle you play with.

I could be wrong.

I find Medium doesn't do it nearly as much as Wide.
Old 02-16-2024, 11:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Yes i posted a while back to tell everybody to use medium over wide which does limit the range which is odd and i tested it over and over. I am pretty sure it was Skynet the dev who would not believe me at all with different camera used which shows you he does not know his own game. I am saying the CPU still uses the side lunging too much,not all fighters should have side movement range like Cruz,i will say the lighter weights are the main problem
Old 02-23-2024, 01:58 PM   #4
EA Sports UFC Developer

It's winter here mate. The sun isn't out much as it is... you don't gotta be throwing shade like that

And I assure you... I know our game very well indeed, the camera has no influence whatsoever on the distance a lunge covers. Perhaps the perception of it changes when the camera is at different angles, since the camera is based on the relative positions of the fighters and spring floats (tight faster motion = fast moving camera), but the numerical distance is very much controlled elsewhere and happens before the camera motion.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:50 AM   #5
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

The only time I mind the AI side-lunging is when it's gassed. I've gotten way too many KO's because the AI loves to lunge into head kicks when tired. It's just not a satisfying way to win a fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2024, 02:48 PM   #6
EA Sports UFC Developer

Perhaps worth noting, the AI doesn't do that on higher difficulties. They also no longer use lunges when defending leg kicks on high difficulties, as they'd often attempt to back lunge when it wasn't a valid defense, nor do many people in real life attempt to lunge away from leg kicks (body and head they still do).
Old 02-28-2024, 06:31 PM   #7
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Perhaps worth noting, the AI doesn't do that on higher difficulties. They also no longer use lunges when defending leg kicks on high difficulties, as they'd often attempt to back lunge when it wasn't a valid defense, nor do many people in real life attempt to lunge away from leg kicks (body and head they still do).
When I was playing career mode on pro the AI lunged into headkicks constantly. If that tendency was toned down in a patch, maybe I missed it. I haven't played in some time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »