Home

I am shocked at how much worse the gameplay is in comparison to UFC 4...

This is a discussion on I am shocked at how much worse the gameplay is in comparison to UFC 4... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2024, 04:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I am shocked at how much worse the gameplay is in comparison to UFC 4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Do you like Clinch and how it is simplified (much less options, no Judo style) vs EA UFC 3?
One of my biggest gripes is the lack of a clinch. Especially up against the cage. The game moves at lightning speed often times. Clinching up in 4 or 5 doesn't do anything to slow the pace IMO. So you're stuck shooting a single with Wonderboy to kinda reign things in for a min to collect and reset.
Old 01-19-2024, 01:59 AM   #10
Rookie

UFC 5 could have more clinch transitions but i went back to UFC 3 and found it felt too slow and needed to be much faster to make it enjoyable.
Old 01-22-2024, 04:56 AM   #11
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563
UFC 5 could have more clinch transitions but i went back to UFC 3 and found it felt too slow and needed to be much faster to make it enjoyable.
Clinch must to be slower as it is irl.
Clinch not always for attack, but to regain endurance too.
UFC 3 clinch used _almost_ the same Dynamic Grappling system as on Ground - and this was cool, b/c brought depth and diversity in Clinch game: Judokas ans wrestlers have advantage in SC and DU clinch positions.Ground evolution in UFC was awesome.
But now all this depth is wasted.
For example: UFC 5 does not have Clinch attempt denial. You are forced to Sway to counter Clinch attempt (loose more stamina) instead of simple detour opponent's hands (by Grapple block in UFC 3) = broken balance in UFC 5.

Why? for more "dynamic" with less depth and less features - i dont think this is right direction, it breakes balance between strikers and wrestlers.

I said how to modify the Clinch game in UFC 3, but unfortunately devs simply removed the entire system, instead of evolving it (seems to make things more simple and casual friendly):

All CLINCH ISSUES + How to fix them

Last edited by SUGATA; 01-22-2024 at 05:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2024, 11:46 PM   #12
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Are you all starting to understand why I quit playing into EA UFC 2? The game was just not competitive for everyone. It looked good, but wasn't responsive. I understand you are supposed to be able to anticipate strikes, but not take so long to be able to react. Especially when your opponent always seemed to see a completely different game. The latency was always an issue. Geoff Harrower tried his best and helped make a decent game, but he wasn't looking in the right direction competitively. Online and offline are two completely different animals. They should alternate yearly for specific online and offline games. There's a market for both. They can still use the same format but different patches, etc. Online needs different adjustments then offline. You see a game like Counterstrike last over 20 years with just updates. Figure that out. You don't need entire new builds. Just updates on what you have already done. It's a money grab. Add new trunks and gear you can make as micro-transactions to help fund it. Stop making it have to be relearned every game. You lose your casuals by dumbing down the game. No one wants to be treated like they are stupid. The pros are done with the game in a couple months anyway.
Old 04-05-2024, 06:50 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

IMO this game is worlds better than UFC 4, I've already played this title about 10 times more. To each their own.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-06-2024, 05:58 AM   #14
MVP

Just got a few rounds in my career mode today. The striking impact ( especially the look and feel of the punches) is great! If they would just fix the movement / footwork this game would most certainly live in my top 5 combat sports games ever.
Old 04-06-2024, 01:22 PM   #15
Rookie

The game is already much better than UFC 4 ever was. Just look at the direction each game was aiming for. The negatives this game has is mostly remnants from UFC 4.
Credits to the devs for getting the direction of the franchise back on tracks to a realistic MMA experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »