Home

Online Career Mode (again)

This is a discussion on Online Career Mode (again) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2023, 10:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Online Career Mode (again)

Hello again,

I've posted previously about OCM and its complete lack of testing, well boy how excited I was to jump back in when the patch notes said some of it had been fixed! Unfortunately here I am again, disappointed in the new mode that was promoted prior to launch.

This Reddit post says the majority of what I need to (https://www.reddit.com/r/EASportsUFC...ing_still_not/). I can't even do a guillotine from top sprawl with 5 star guillotine.

I've always bought the UFC games, never moaned about stamina etc on the forums because it can always be tweaked but this is just complete laziness on the employees who oversaw this.

The time it takes to fix these things is also a joke - this should be hotfixed plain and simple - one of the flagship modes is completely bugged and has been since launch! Please, devs responsible, sort this ****ing joke out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2023, 10:54 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Online Career Mode (again)

It's actually way worse than what people are describing. Yeah, missing turning takedowns and and subs, but every transition you would have with even 2 star Wrestling and BJJ are missing, even if you level up all the way to 5 stars. They gave away a bonus boost for a day, probably hoping to draw people to the mode, but the grappling is completely broke right now, so nobody wants to play it.

Last edited by Evil97; 12-10-2023 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-11-2023, 03:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah it's so disappointing. Along with everything else mentioned the moves don't change animation when levelled up.

This doesn't really relate to bugs but also disappointed they increased prestige from 10 to 20 - this is a personal thing but I really like the idea that you can't create absolute monsters in every area and must choose where to focus, fairly sure prestige 20 eliminates that :/
Old 12-31-2023, 07:21 AM   #4
Rookie

Update:

This wasn't posted any where (that I've noticed) so figured I'd post it here - there was a stealth patch at some point which fixed a lot of the levelling bugs so submissions all work now, move levels of strike effect the animation now, turning takedowns work and backpack etc.

The only thing still not working (as far as I'm aware) are some transitions e.g. I can't transition to side saddle/crucifix or go to rubber guard.

Enjoy
Old 01-01-2024, 12:26 AM   #5
MVP

An update to your update:
If you create a new fighter (not resetting EVO or upgrading Prestige), all the transitions will be working. Not ideal at all, but it's great having the jailbreak, crucifix, and all the sweeps back. Keep fighting the good fight Turkey.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2024, 06:34 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
An update to your update:
If you create a new fighter (not resetting EVO or upgrading Prestige), all the transitions will be working. Not ideal at all, but it's great having the jailbreak, crucifix, and all the sweeps back. Keep fighting the good fight Turkey.

You're not wrong, that is a real pain - so I need to delete all four fighters so that they can get those transitions? Ugh.

Thanks for letting me know though
Old 01-01-2024, 01:40 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
You're not wrong, that is a real pain - so I need to delete all four fighters so that they can get those transitions? Ugh.

Thanks for letting me know though
I kept my highest prestige fighter in case they release a proper solution.
Old 01-01-2024, 10:28 PM   #8
MVP

I just checked my original fighter and he now has the transitions. Creating a new one in a separate slot must have jarred the bug. Sorry for all the mis-information, but things are looking great now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »