Home

Side control bottom + submission escape fakes.

This is a discussion on Side control bottom + submission escape fakes. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-03-2023, 01:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Side control bottom + submission escape fakes.

Hi,

I'm noticing there's a few people where I'm finding it almost impossible to escape SC bottom - even if they're throwing a strike they can still deny me instantly (including transition to sprawl fakes). There's no way I can do this - is this some sort of "exploit" or a case of they have better stats and have practised this more, if so what can I do to escape? In the older games you would fake sprawl then maybe go to the upwards half-guard transition but with my transitions (even fakes) denied immediately, it just doesn't work.

In a similar vein, I played someone earlier who easily denied my fake escapes from submissive armbar (I'm flicking the stick and immediately pressing R2 to fake) - are some of the sub escapes impossible to fake with (similar to how you wouldn't fake the transition from top HG to side control as they'd easily deny it before the fake happened)?

Thanks for the help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2023, 02:37 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Side control bottom + submission escape fakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
Hi,

I'm noticing there's a few people where I'm finding it almost impossible to escape SC bottom - even if they're throwing a strike they can still deny me instantly (including transition to sprawl fakes). There's no way I can do this - is this some sort of "exploit" or a case of they have better stats and have practised this more, if so what can I do to escape? In the older games you would fake sprawl then maybe go to the upwards half-guard transition but with my transitions (even fakes) denied immediately, it just doesn't work.

In a similar vein, I played someone earlier who easily denied my fake escapes from submissive armbar (I'm flicking the stick and immediately pressing R2 to fake) - are some of the sub escapes impossible to fake with (similar to how you wouldn't fake the transition from top HG to side control as they'd easily deny it before the fake happened)?

Thanks for the help
I'm noticed this too... a lot of guys are denying even fake, deny full stamina full guard bottom transition without guessing... seems strange
Old 11-03-2023, 10:13 PM   #3
Pro

I've learned never to use fakes as the pro AI immediately auto-denies them, often resulting in a sweep.
Old 11-04-2023, 03:47 PM   #4
MVP

I'm having the same problems in the submission defending fakes, every time I try to fake I get denied...also I didnt understand the logic of the struggle being the guy who is going to be submitted, both stamina get drained its good for the attacker.

about the transitions I got some fakes denied too, seems like the windows to deny are to permissive, this system needs to change
Old 11-05-2023, 01:20 AM   #5
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

This is because seemingly all transitions have been slowed down.

Not only that the amount of GA you gain from denying someone is also less.

So now even if you deny the crucifix you still have to hit them three times uncontested to build max GA to have a chance. Even then they can just throw one elbow or do one undeniable fake and the side control circus is reset

Couple this with people hud watching in mount and the game is a mess.

This whole series has been cooked ever since the denial windows were massively widened in EA UFC during the patch that implemented sprawl. Before that denials actually took skill but once they made that change nearly everyone and their mother could deny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2023, 08:07 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
This is because seemingly all transitions have been slowed down.

Not only that the amount of GA you gain from denying someone is also less.

So now even if you deny the crucifix you still have to hit them three times uncontested to build max GA to have a chance. Even then they can just throw one elbow or do one undeniable fake and the side control circus is reset

Couple this with people hud watching in mount and the game is a mess.

This whole series has been cooked ever since the denial windows were massively widened in EA UFC during the patch that implemented sprawl. Before that denials actually took skill but once they made that change nearly everyone and their mother could deny.

I've noticed the slower transitions than UFC4. Previously you could deny, fake and then have an almost instant transition if they bit on the fake but now you still need to hit them to build GA. The majority of my ground battles seem to revolve around who can throw more rabbit punches to build GA the quickest - I don't recall it being like this before :/

What do you mean by HUD watching from top mount?
Old 11-05-2023, 08:11 AM   #7
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
I've noticed the slower transitions than UFC4. Previously you could deny, fake and then have an almost instant transition if they bit on the fake but now you still need to hit them to build GA. The majority of my ground battles seem to revolve around who can throw more rabbit punches to build GA the quickest - I don't recall it being like this before :/

What do you mean by HUD watching from top mount?
Hud watching is an exploit that has been in since UFC 4. Basically when you're on top of someone in mount both sides show the side control transition, but when they attempt to transition out to half guard one side switches to half guard instead of the side control transition telling you which direction they're going.

In division 20 it's a real problem as people will hold you in mount forever.

Here's a video better explaining it: https://youtu.be/kg9IJ0zqulk?si=7bZNEyoXEMHFaNhO

This is STILL a problem in UFC 5

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »