Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Teaser Trailer Revealed - Alex Volkanovski Cover Athlete?

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Teaser Trailer Revealed - Alex Volkanovski Cover Athlete? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-31-2023, 08:02 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Teaser Trailer Revealed - Alex Volkanovski Cover Athlete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

Let me be clear: There will be things that 100% appeal to hardcore fans. You've seen and heard some of them because of leaks. But there will also be some things that are solely focused on casual fans.
That Fedor leak is hard to believe. Awesome if true. But I can't think of another example where they included an MMA fighter with no UFC fights during the EASports run. Especially one with the UFC/Fedor history.

But Fedor is also Dana White's Moby Dick.

Obviously we had Pride Mode during Undisputed, so we had some instances there.

Just seems...too good to be true.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2023, 08:50 AM   #58
Rookie

It's just dissapointing to see people praise or condemn the game when we haven't even seen more than a low res screenshot.
We haven't even seen the reveal and gameplay trailer for god's sake.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:42 AM   #59
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929
I get that, but somehow, other devs have been able to straddle that line and offer something for everybody. Undisputed 3, perfect example......was casual friendly as far as the default settings, and also had sim mode for the more serious fans. It can be done, you can make a game that appeals to everyone like you said, just takes some thought and effort.
THQ isnt around anymore. I'm not saying that the above approach is the reason they are gone but its hard to argue to EA that it should follow the path of a defunct company.

You also didnt answer my question. Why do they have to straddle that line?

Straddling the line requires more resources. It requires more staff. Which cuts into your margin and profit. This community never forces EA to make a choice. It complains alot (many of the complaints are valid) but its also one of the first to line up and drop 70 bucks at launch.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:45 AM   #60
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929
Well, because the people that buy it no matter what, will end up not buying it if things go toward one extremity or the other. Many people have stopped buying the Madden titles for this very reason. I haven't bought Madden since Madden 17. Why? Because I didn't like the direction the game was headed. Many people did the same. I guess too many people continue to buy it regardless, but slowly but surely people will stop buying it. I think a lot of people who are on the fence only give I'm when it goes on sale for like 50% off. People give in, in their moment of weakness. I didn't dislike UFC 2 or 3, so to buy UFC 4 made sense to me. And honestly if I were smart I would have held off, but I had no reason to believe the game would cater strongly to casual players when the previous titles did a decent job of straddling that line.
Again, I'm not here to discuss why people buy it at launch or eventually.

Regarding the second point, everyone on OS new the game was catering to casuals. They had a beta. They had videos before release. They had me screaming to the rooftops that the game had changed direction.
Old 08-31-2023, 10:02 AM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
THQ isnt around anymore. I'm not saying that the above approach is the reason they are gone but its hard to argue to EA that it should follow the path of a defunct company.

Straddling the line requires more resources. It requires more staff. Which cuts into your margin and profit. This community never forces EA to make a choice. It complains alot (many of the complaints are valid) but its also one of the first to line up and drop 70 bucks at launch.

Because otherwise there is no MMA game to play at all.. So I can also understand EA's point of view but at the same time they are really pushing it with removing elbows and adding lion heads

I will buy it anyway if the new animations are smoother, presentation is on point and if they improved the ground game. If the elbows are still not there I will absolutely not buy it and in that case I hope there will be an all time low in sales.. But my feeling is very positive with this game so far so I fully expect it to be in there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2023, 10:28 AM   #62
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirsunny
Because otherwise there is no MMA game to play at all.. So I can also understand EA's point of view but at the same time they are really pushing it with removing elbows and adding lion heads

I will buy it anyway if the new animations are smoother, presentation is on point and if they improved the ground game. If the elbows are still not there I will absolutely not buy it and in that case I hope there will be an all time low in sales.. But my feeling is very positive with this game so far so I fully expect it to be in there
That doesnt answer my question. As I said, I KNOW why OSers buy the game. My question was why should EA appeal to people who buy the game no matter what.

Also, no matter what sales arent going to drop. I actually anticipate that UFC 5 will do better in sales than 4 did for alot of reasons. They will have the marketing. The game is going to drop a few weeks before the biggest fight of the year (Jones/Stipe) and will sell even more around Christmas (especially if their is a Conor fight in December).
Old 08-31-2023, 12:24 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
That doesnt answer my question. As I said, I KNOW why OSers buy the game. My question was why should EA appeal to people who buy the game no matter what.

Also, no matter what sales arent going to drop. I actually anticipate that UFC 5 will do better in sales than 4 did for alot of reasons. They will have the marketing. The game is going to drop a few weeks before the biggest fight of the year (Jones/Stipe) and will sell even more around Christmas (especially if their is a Conor fight in December).
And if EA UFC 5 ends up being a quality game that they've put a lot of love and effort into, I honestly do hope it sells well and breaks all kinda records. The devs should be rewarded for their efforts if they really made an effort to make this the best game in their series.
Old 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:

Why does it require more resources when UFC 2 and UFC 3 seemed to do a decent job at straddling the line? The overall feel of the game didn't feel overtly casual until the 4th one. And ironically thats the game that received the largest amount of complaints. Features that were in previous games were removed. Did they not allocate resources to create and include a backyard and kumite arena? Did they not utilize resources to create an emote system that nobody asked for? Was no effort involved in making a ton of goofy costumes that don't pertain to MMA? I wasn't saying they needed to straddle the line between sim and arcade by changing a ton of mechanics to do so. I was speaking of conscious design decisions that pushed the game from somewhat being right in the middle of sim and arcade to a much more casual overall feel. All I was saying was those same efforts used to create all this casual friendly content, could just have easily been used to improve other areas that their fanbase has been asking for. Wasn't implying they should have added extra resources than they already did, just directed it elsewhere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »