Home

NHL 20 - Full Period Gamplay (IGN)

This is a discussion on NHL 20 - Full Period Gamplay (IGN) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-27-2019, 03:14 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 20 - Full Period Gamplay (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialAssassin
How do they have Hughes in the game?
Dont know what it means to have him in. Opened a new Thread about. Extra licence ? US College licence ?
Old 07-27-2019, 11:31 AM   #18
MVP

I'm surprised people are hung up on the commentary.
I've been turning that off immediately since probably 2010
Old 07-27-2019, 12:30 PM   #19
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscosuper
IDK... it looks like the same cruddy game of hockey we've been playing for the last however many years.

Like it or not the commentary is going to get boring within 10 hours of play. So, it's not even worth mentioning.

I've already spotted so many of the SAME GENERIC FACES! MLBTS does NOT scan every face, yet they have a system in which faces can be crafted pretty quickly if need be.

I'm so tired of this game.
Damn, I never give up the hope that next year might be the year we get a large boost in the amount of face scans.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 07-27-2019, 03:48 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just watched this video and I just don't know what to think about it. There are some elements of hockey in the game, like they have skates on and sticks on their hands, and there's a puck on the ice too, but still... The player movement is often quite ridiculous, cpu passes look awful and stupid. The "flow" of the game is totally missing. The boardplay is non-existent, players still stop every now and then while receiving a pass. I don't know, these issues have been there for years and all that is done is some minor cosmetic changes/improvements. There's not a single reason to get this game. Sad but true.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:01 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Damn, I never give up the hope that next year might be the year we get a large boost in the amount of face scans.
They could add some in every Roster update. The problem at this developer Team is that they don’t want. When another dev Team will come I rate the possibility much higher
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2019, 05:30 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey87
I just watched this video and I just don't know what to think about it. There are some elements of hockey in the game, like they have skates on and sticks on their hands, and there's a puck on the ice too, but still... The player movement is often quite ridiculous, cpu passes look awful and stupid. The "flow" of the game is totally missing. The boardplay is non-existent, players still stop every now and then while receiving a pass. I don't know, these issues have been there for years and all that is done is some minor cosmetic changes/improvements. There's not a single reason to get this game. Sad but true.
Hah, I was curious myself if anybody else see how awful the passing looks. So I stayed quiet.

Like the passing animations itself looks straight broken (or non existent?), but also the puck behave like on the rails, ping-ponging from blade to blade absolutely unrealistically.
It's like EA hockey from 1996. There is no dynamic in passing, every pass is the same, no matter the situations.

Agreed about the movement too. The way the players pumping or running like chicken without heads? Don't tell me players in real life skating/ moving this way really Lol
Old 07-27-2019, 05:41 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'll rent it like I always do when it comes out, but nothing i've seen sparks any interest for me. So sad what this game has evolved into.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:09 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

A lot of magnetic passing in that video. Seems like nearly every pass just sticks right on the blade. I'm guessing it was on rookie mode (?)

Commentary was ok...seems like the guy is trying to be Emrick during a Game 7. Most hockey commentary in the regular season is pretty boring, but it's hard to put boring in a video game and tell people to buy the product.

Last edited by WSU151; 07-27-2019 at 06:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »