Home

NHL 18 Legends - Idea/Suggestion

This is a discussion on NHL 18 Legends - Idea/Suggestion within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-27-2017, 04:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NHL 18 Legends - Idea/Suggestion

So I don't know if this has been covered but I'm going for it. It's an idea I'd love to see included in a patch or next year's game and I'm curious to know who else would agree.

The use of legends is nonexistent if you aren't a HUT player. Not being a fan of HUT but being a fan of legends (who isn't) it's a shame there's no other way to make use of them. NHL Threes is the perfect place to include use of legends for non HUT players! Having a legends team where you can chose which 6 legends to play in a game of Threes would be awesome. You wouldn't even need two teams cause combinations would be endless. It would even add to the "Arcade" feel of the game mode. Hell, even add legends as dressable options on teams they've played for.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 06:19 PM   #2
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Re: NHL 18 Legends - Idea/Suggestion

I think it's a great idea, Threes is the perfect venue for Legends.

And I'm usually not a HUT pessimist, but there's a definitive reason why Legends aren't in any mode besides HUT. Most UT modes are the same way.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
I think it's a great idea, Threes is the perfect venue for Legends.

And I'm usually not a HUT pessimist, but there's a definitive reason why Legends aren't in any mode besides HUT. Most UT modes are the same way.
Agree. It's a money grab. Just like paying an extra 20$ to play 3 days early. NHL games always came out on Tuesdays like any other. Since when has the industry standard become a luxury?
Old 09-28-2017, 01:55 AM   #4
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevendah
Agree. It's a money grab. Just like paying an extra 20$ to play 3 days early. NHL games always came out on Tuesdays like any other. Since when has the industry standard become a luxury?
Ha, I actually passed on Madden for this very reason. Walked into Best Buy on a Tuesday like I always do, was told I couldn't buy the regular edition 'til Friday. Walked out of the store empty-handed and haven't been back. Oh well.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:55 PM   #5
Rookie

bradbitte's Arena

I stop buying EA's Nhl because there is still no legend or classic teams.Ok they don't have the rights because of Nhlpa etc. Is it hard to create the classic teams and a way to edit them? ( like names, vintage equipment, and faces?). Damn 2k series did it 13 years ago including outdoor games, mini rink games and other stuff. So threes is a real joke to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 12:57 AM   #6
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevendah
So I don't know if this has been covered but I'm going for it. It's an idea I'd love to see included in a patch or next year's game and I'm curious to know who else would agree.

The use of legends is nonexistent if you aren't a HUT player. Not being a fan of HUT but being a fan of legends (who isn't) it's a shame there's no other way to make use of them. NHL Threes is the perfect place to include use of legends for non HUT players! Having a legends team where you can chose which 6 legends to play in a game of Threes would be awesome. You wouldn't even need two teams cause combinations would be endless. It would even add to the "Arcade" feel of the game mode. Hell, even add legends as dressable options on teams they've played for.

Thoughts?
I'd love a top 25 for each team roster. I'd pay for that content. Some teams would be tougher then others to get a top 25 for.

Sent from my D6616 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »