Home

Defense don't even try to engage you as you go up ice

This is a discussion on Defense don't even try to engage you as you go up ice within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-26-2024, 05:28 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Defense don't even try to engage you as you go up ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The EVHL
I find 24 to be “challenging” because your offensive AI prefer to stand still and do nothing. Worst offensive AI I’ve ever seen, makes the game a chore.
Offensive AI hasn’t been good in 10 years. I didn’t play 14, but 13 was great and I know everyone raves about 14. You could actually cycle the puck and setup a powerplay. I hate that they added the 1-3-1 and it’s pretty much useless since guys never setup in the right position as they prefer to skate at you instead of staying in their spots.

I know this year was animations and basic gameplay, but I hope they revamp the AI so it plays smarter and goes to the open areas rather than just a location on the ice, just like how 13/14 did.
Old 02-26-2024, 08:32 PM   #10
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by desouza7
Offensive AI hasn’t been good in 10 years. I didn’t play 14, but 13 was great and I know everyone raves about 14. You could actually cycle the puck and setup a powerplay. I hate that they added the 1-3-1 and it’s pretty much useless since guys never setup in the right position as they prefer to skate at you instead of staying in their spots.

I know this year was animations and basic gameplay, but I hope they revamp the AI so it plays smarter and goes to the open areas rather than just a location on the ice, just like how 13/14 did.
21 was the year where the AI fell off the cliff. 20 is an extremely good game with the right sliders and attribute adjustments imo. I have fallen in love with hockey gaming again via NHL 20 and my EVHL project.

But yes, I agree that the AI need some serious TLC. Like I said, 21 was the year they decided to remove the AI’s fundamental desire to want anything to do with the play or puck in general so the HUT kiddos could wiggle and glitch during their 1v1 ISO basketball showdown games.

Find league standings, scores, and replays here:
https://evhl.elitevirtualsports.com/
Old 02-27-2024, 12:38 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The EVHL
21 was the year where the AI fell off the cliff. 20 is an extremely good game with the right sliders and attribute adjustments imo. I have fallen in love with hockey gaming again via NHL 20 and my EVHL project.

But yes, I agree that the AI need some serious TLC. Like I said, 21 was the year they decided to remove the AI’s fundamental desire to want anything to do with the play or puck in general so the HUT kiddos could wiggle and glitch during their 1v1 ISO basketball showdown games.
I don’t think it was just that. They started the revamp of the skating that year and I think as such, it screwed with the AI. I enjoyed 21 to a certain extent, enough to play a few years of franchise, but I agree the AI started to decline and has gotten worse each year since. I don’t even think the strategies actually matter anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2024, 02:07 AM   #12
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by desouza7
I don’t think it was just that. They started the revamp of the skating that year and I think as such, it screwed with the AI. I enjoyed 21 to a certain extent, enough to play a few years of franchise, but I agree the AI started to decline and has gotten worse each year since. I don’t even think the strategies actually matter anymore.
The RPM skating revamp was 19. The AI are definitely very active and aggressive on the puck for both 19 and 20.

21 was the year of frostbite and the year imo which the AI noticeably took a nosedive.

Old 05-08-2024, 09:09 AM   #13
Rookie

NHL 21 still was Ignite engine. 22 was the first frostbite NHL.
Old 05-09-2024, 03:34 AM   #14
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck97
NHL 21 still was Ignite engine. 22 was the first frostbite NHL.
You’re right on the frostbite thing for sure, thanks for the correction. I feel like I need to go back and play 21 now to see what the AI were doing in that game. I feel like that was the first year the AI took the nosedive but I also feel like it coincided with the frostbite release which was 22 so now I got myself confused haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »