Home

NHL 24 Gameplay Tuner and Roster Update Available Today

This is a discussion on NHL 24 Gameplay Tuner and Roster Update Available Today within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-19-2024, 02:23 PM   #25
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 24 Gameplay Tuner and Roster Update Available Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Played one full game with my sliders. Made sure they were correct at team select screen, they weren’t. Had to do the usual to get them set etc.

Started up and dominated. Which is weird for me in superstar. Usually TOA is even or in favor of the CPU when I’m controlling the entire team. Screen below of the stats.

Both my penalties were my fault. So no CPU teammate penalties. But if all EA did was tone down their slider from 15 to 5. I have mine at 40 for teammate penalties. So is that weird I didn’t see two or three more per usual?
Alright, I tried to dive back in here and get some games in. Wanted to start a franchise and sim games until the 3rd period and treat it like "Play The Moments" in Madden. But want to fine tune some things slider wise before doing this.

My problem was the above, since the update I'm dominating the CPU on Superstar (even AI Difficulty maxed at 6). I mean dominating like I personally never have before, and well it's frustrating. I know I've always position locked to get better games, but even doing so results in the same type of results and I didn't understand why.

Until last night/today.

My sliders I'm using I maxed out (100) the Puck Carrier Agility and Skating Agility for BOTH the CPU and Human. I want a fluid feel to the game, not the heavy bs we get fed by EA with these at default.

I even maxed out the CPU Aggressiveness Slider to 100 and left mine at 50, didn't matter. Still was dominating like above.

I moved everything back down to 50 again and games were even again like usual for me on Superstar. This didn't happen prior to this update, which is wild.

Always something with this dang game.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Last edited by Fiddy; 01-19-2024 at 02:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2024, 07:51 AM   #26
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Alright, I tried to dive back in here and get some games in. Wanted to start a franchise and sim games until the 3rd period and treat it like "Play The Moments" in Madden.
I'm stealing this my friend. I've always played a game, then simmed a game, but this method sounds much more interesting.

I'm playing on SS difficulty with speed 1 tick down on 3 and I'm having a blast so far.
Old 01-22-2024, 08:52 AM   #27

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I'm stealing this my friend. I've always played a game, then simmed a game, but this method sounds much more interesting.

I'm playing on SS difficulty with speed 1 tick down on 3 and I'm having a blast so far.
Yeah, adds a new element to the game. Never know what type of 3rd period you getting yourself into.

After my meltdown above with the game becoming oddly easy on Superstar and beyond, I reset everything slider wise. I'm legit playing on the default "NHL 24" Sliders on Superstar, 6 or 7 min periods.

You playing default Superstar, speed 3, no other changes?

Edit - I added a picture after one period vs the Yotes. TOA drives me nuts, they barely touch the puck. Ignore the 3 goals that don’t usually happen, break downs while on the phone for work. Lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0702.jpg (612.3 KB, 120 views)

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Last edited by Fiddy; 01-22-2024 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-22-2024, 03:20 PM   #28
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, adds a new element to the game. Never know what type of 3rd period you getting yourself into.

After my meltdown above with the game becoming oddly easy on Superstar and beyond, I reset everything slider wise. I'm legit playing on the default "NHL 24" Sliders on Superstar, 6 or 7 min periods.

You playing default Superstar, speed 3, no other changes?
Main penalty and fighting sliders maxed out, 6 min periods. I use dynamic med camera, but that's about it. Hovering around .500 with the Blues, which is on par with RL Blues.
Old 01-22-2024, 04:43 PM   #29

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Main penalty and fighting sliders maxed out, 6 min periods. I use dynamic med camera, but that's about it. Hovering around .500 with the Blues, which is on par with RL Blues.
See, this is where I need to be, hovering around .500 with my aging Penguins.

No other game has these issues with sliders, so frustrating. Further you stray away from default, bang game feels different. Meh.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 01-22-2024, 07:12 PM   #30

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
See, this is where I need to be, hovering around .500 with my aging Penguins.

No other game has these issues with sliders, so frustrating. Further you stray away from default, bang game feels different. Meh.
Ok. Went back at it with my sliders I’ve been using. Only change I could think of as a last gasp was being at a speed disadvantage. I dropped down acceleration and speed to 37 each. Bumped CPU up to 57 each.

I’ll tell ya what, first game in years where I was sweating it. I might be onto something for me to start enjoying the game again. Fingers crossed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0704.jpg (606.8 KB, 111 views)

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 01-30-2024, 11:12 AM   #31
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:

I've played about half a season with your recommendation of simming until the 3rd period and then playing the last period out.

This is such a fantastic way to get through a season and gives you a wide variety of tasks, like holding a lead, trying to craw back into a game, OT, etc, plus stats are much more on par with the rest of the league.. thanks again Fiddy!!

Football is the only game I play all the games since you only have 17, with The Show I play March to October and now I finally can get through several seasons in NHL with this setup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2024, 01:08 PM   #32

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
I've played about half a season with your recommendation of simming until the 3rd period and then playing the last period out.

This is such a fantastic way to get through a season and gives you a wide variety of tasks, like holding a lead, trying to craw back into a game, OT, etc, plus stats are much more on par with the rest of the league.. thanks again Fiddy!!

Football is the only game I play all the games since you only have 17, with The Show I play March to October and now I finally can get through several seasons in NHL with this setup.
Awesome stuff man, great to hear.

Yeah, with the grind of all sports games and seasons being so long this is the only way for me to play. You hit the nail on the head you never really know what you are going to get going into the 3rd period.

I started doing this with NBA 2K, simmed to the 4th quarter and played out a full 12 min quarter so stats would be on pair with the league.

I still have yet to dive into NHL this year franchise wise but I'm getting close.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »