Home

NHL23 BEST Hockey Game Ever

This is a discussion on NHL23 BEST Hockey Game Ever within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-15-2023, 09:05 PM   #17
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL23 BEST Hockey Game Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyWest
This sounds fantastic!!

Which roster did you use as your base and were missing prospects (college, Russia etc) included?

Thanks SonnyWest ! I started to work on the Last official release from EA awhile ago… May 17 I think ? So yeah that’s gonna be the one I used. To answer your question, so much work to do just the players at the NHL level. That is gonna be it on my part, lol !

I will try to do all the major moves, and create maybe the first 10 picks at this year’s draft and put them on their team, a few skating styles as well… But July 21st is coming fast 😉
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)
Old 07-15-2023, 09:12 PM   #18
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

July 15th, Update

All the NHL players from every teams have been done ☑️✌️😀

I will be now concentrating on teams strategies, moves and 1st round picks. Gotta be ready for July 21st 😀

If you guys have suggestions on a few skating styles that you think could make their way in ? Players that stands out by their skating ? Also the hardest worker on any given team ?

Thanks ! Gotta go back to work 😉
Old 07-18-2023, 06:39 PM   #19
Pro

You’ve got pretty upright guys like Malkin with a seemingly short stride, short gait and carry the puck in pretty tight. You’ve got guys like Kadri who have a pretty hunched, low skating style with a good amount of twist in their torso. I think that’s two styles for sure, but you’d probably want 3-4 distinct options.

Hardest workers on the Rangers are Lindgren, Zibanejad, Trochek, Goodrow, Trouba. Tough to say who stands above the rest. Trochek and Goodrow have the motor, Zibanejad plays with pace on both ends, PK and PP, Lindgren is just a tough, no quit mofo and Trouba has deficiencies in his positioning and decision making but is always battling and playing physically.
Old 07-18-2023, 07:22 PM   #20
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
You’ve got pretty upright guys like Malkin with a seemingly short stride, short gait and carry the puck in pretty tight. You’ve got guys like Kadri who have a pretty hunched, low skating style with a good amount of twist in their torso. I think that’s two styles for sure, but you’d probably want 3-4 distinct options.

Hardest workers on the Rangers are Lindgren, Zibanejad, Trochek, Goodrow, Trouba. Tough to say who stands above the rest. Trochek and Goodrow have the motor, Zibanejad plays with pace on both ends, PK and PP, Lindgren is just a tough, no quit mofo and Trouba has deficiencies in his positioning and decision making but is always battling and playing physically.

Thanks a bunch Moose !

Unfortunately for the hardest worker I will only put one RESTLESS Xfactor per team and all the guys you mentioned are on the Rangers, lol 😂 I think Goodrow was my choice but let me know if you disagree 😉

As for the skating styles, these are very good and good analysis on their skating… They will probably make their way in if I have time left before Friday 😉😀

But yeah, great post 👍
Old 07-18-2023, 07:43 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
Thanks a bunch Moose !

Unfortunately for the hardest worker I will only put one RESTLESS Xfactor per team and all the guys you mentioned are on the Rangers, lol �� I think Goodrow was my choice but let me know if you disagree ��

As for the skating styles, these are very good and good analysis on their skating… They will probably make their way in if I have time left before Friday ����

But yeah, great post ��

I thought about commenting on some other guys on other teams but I’m not as big of an expert on other teams, even though I follow the entire league pretty closely. Don’t want to necessarily talk out of turn. I would possibly put the relentless X Factor on Trochek though for the Rangers as he’s more of that scrambling final effort type and also might be more noticeable since he gets more minutes.

Thoughts for some other teams:

Boston - Marchand?
Buffalo - Girgensens?
Calgary - Coleman or Dube?
Colorado - Wood? Lehkonen?
Columbus - Kuraly?
Dallas - maybe Pavelski?
Detroit - Compher now?
Florida - Bennett? Tkachuk as well
Nashville - Trenin? Sissons?
Montreal - Gallagher?
Minnesota - Hartman? Zucc?
Islanders - Pageau? Cizikas?
Devils - McLeod? Hischier?
Ottawa - Greig? Tkachuk?
Philly - Laughton?
Seattle - Tanev?

I think some teams genuinely have a case for more than one, but certainly not too many.

As for skating styles, I’d maybe look at clips of Malkin, MacKinnon, Barzal, Hughes and then guys like Tinordi, Carlo, Nemeth and I’d imagine you’d come away with good enough ideas for 3-4 styles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2023, 12:16 AM   #22
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

I believe NHL23 has to be considered one of the best hockey games.

There are some NHL games from past years that had things they did well and had much better presentation, but were limited to no patches, no roster editing, and were more arcade like in speed and player control.
They were often fun to play and good for season mode.

The last few years even with EA's shift in focus to online and hut it still felt like there is a good video hockey game there if we could just have a bit more control.
Now we have some roster sharing, quite deep slider adjustments and at least some focus back on improving franchise it may be as good as we can realistically hope for from EA at this time.
Like mentioned we seem to be getting better game play but for some reason the presentation is lacking, as if they can't give us everything for fear we don't buy the next version.

When you compare NHL23 to not only previous hockey games but to other EA games there is a lot of good in this little game. A giant game like Madden has had some franchise killing issues and game play bugs that keep coming back year after year.
I was able to play NHL23 from day 1 and never really had any stress over playing games, other than concern of a patch or tuner actually making the game worse for offline.
Old 07-20-2023, 07:48 PM   #23
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

The project is almost at the door 😀

Here is a complete unedited 1st period between the Detroit Red Wings and the Chicago Blackhawks. All in beautiful 4K !

Just the sound of Hockey and the crowd to focus more on the Gameplay…

You will see lots of new faces on both teams. Debrincat, Compher, Gostisbehere and Sprong for Detroit and Hall, Foligno and Connor Bedard for Chicago to name a few 😀

Sorry, when I played this game I was very tired and my defensive play took a hit, lol !

Enjoy !

-
Old 07-21-2023, 05:48 PM   #24
Rookie

Oh man...I can't wait.

Feels like Christmas coming early.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »