Home

FIFA 19 Teams Tactics Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 19 Teams Tactics Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-19-2018, 08:38 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA 19 Teams Tactics Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisx
I don't know coach, it's not that long ago that we had AI that piled on the pressure if they needed a goal and parked the bus and tried to waste time by the corner flag when winning.

Maybe it needed improving and maybe it didn't make much sense in a select few corner cases but it worked fine 99% of the time.

It's not unreasonable to expect improved features rather than removed features, especially when it comes to core gameplay. A couple of months ago I was happily playing fifa 16 and felt that 19 was a make or break iteration. Now I feel the same about the next patch. Improved animations and ball physics are essential but not enough as demonstrated by pes for years now

This new tactics systems was supposed to be a big selling point, there were no asterisks or small text disclaimers saying that it was meant for online play only and that we had to play as both teams if we wanted to use it properly offline.
I understand but I recall how many folks also complained when the CPU put on alot of pressure at the end of the game that this was the comeback code in action; I always considered that teams down a goal up the pressure and the offense, but could be vulnerable to the counter, so it did not seem unrealistic to me.

But what I think we'd all like to see is a lower level team come out against Man City and consider going for it the first ten minutes, trying to sucker punch them, then maybe playing a more conservative style the rest of the way...you know, varying their style game to game from the outset based on the opponent, position in the table etc. The current game gave me hope (the 'selling point') but it doesn't seem to come to fruition. I don't have an issue myself using the second controller to make logical game play changes for the opponent, but I ideally I wouldn't need to do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2018, 08:44 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodc
Question:

Do you think Defensive Style Constant Pressure should be set on Balanced tactics or be reserved just to Attacking tactics?

Same thought about Drop back...

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Operation Sports mobile app
In 'theory'? I'm looking at balanced at their default style at least how a team comes out of the gate, so if Man City is a constant pressure team they should be that way on balanced too. Likewise if you're a deep counter attacking team that is how I'd expect you to start the game off. Having said that it really would be good to get a few games under the belt to see if that is just going to make games unbalanced. If they won't switch on their own, then you lose the ability for that team to play their style if it is only reserved for one of the game plan changes. Hope I'm making sense here.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:24 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
In 'theory'? I'm looking at balanced at their default style at least how a team comes out of the gate, so if Man City is a constant pressure team they should be that way on balanced too. Likewise if you're a deep counter attacking team that is how I'd expect you to start the game off. Having said that it really would be good to get a few games under the belt to see if that is just going to make games unbalanced. If they won't switch on their own, then you lose the ability for that team to play their style if it is only reserved for one of the game plan changes. Hope I'm making sense here.
I agree.

I finished gathering all the stats I need for my tactics estimations. Now, I am at the point of setting the cut-offs/limits.

What BPL teams do you guys think should have Constant Pressure and Drop back as default/balanced defensive style?

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2018, 08:44 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
I agree.

I finished gathering all the stats I need for my tactics estimations. Now, I am at the point of setting the cut-offs/limits.

What BPL teams do you guys think should have Constant Pressure and Drop back as default/balanced defensive style?

Thanks!
another tough question because it may depend on who the team is playing. Today I'm watching Chelsea who are now up 1-0 play a constant pressure game against Man U and MU is dropping back. Yet against most other teams MU will press or attack a loose touch. and now at 1-1 they are pressing alot more. Oy...will need to watch a few of today's matches to get a better idea.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:37 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
another tough question because it may depend on who the team is playing. Today I'm watching Chelsea who are now up 1-0 play a constant pressure game against Man U and MU is dropping back. Yet against most other teams MU will press or attack a loose touch. and now at 1-1 they are pressing alot more. Oy...will need to watch a few of today's matches to get a better idea.
That's true. There are too many variables in real life tactics. We have to make it as simple as possible, so just think about what's the most common/frequent tactic for each team.

Is just Man. City that uses frequently the Constant Pressure defensive style?

At the other end, which teams use Drop back frequently?

Old 10-20-2018, 10:24 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
That's true. There are too many variables in real life tactics. We have to make it as simple as possible, so just think about what's the most common/frequent tactic for each team.

Is just Man. City that uses frequently the Constant Pressure defensive style?

At the other end, which teams use Drop back frequently?

I'd say City is a constant pressure team; most other teams I think would default to the pressure on first touch or whatever it is called. A few years ago I'd have said Leceister was a drop back club that would counter (fast build up); haven't seen them this year though. Right now I'm watching West Ham and Spurs. The Hammers are not pressuring at all, holding a line about a yard to two above the box. Noticing teams tend to always put 5-6 men in the box, for corners. It is hard to gauge Spurs line as they are mostly in West Ham's end. They seem to press alot right now 0-0 as their default.

And apparently Zabeleta wears black underwear on game day! Didn't need to see that!

It may need to be pretty simplistic as this is what they will play if you don't have a second controller (assuming we're right and no patches improve dynamic game plans). Might need to go on instinct and the variety can come in the defensive line, the numbers of players in the box under various circumstances, width of the offensive and defensive sets, etc. You're right, alot of variables that come not only based on the club but who they are playing, where they are playing, what is the game situation, etc.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:44 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
I'd say City is a constant pressure team; most other teams I think would default to the pressure on first touch or whatever it is called. A few years ago I'd have said Leceister was a drop back club that would counter (fast build up); haven't seen them this year though. Right now I'm watching West Ham and Spurs. The Hammers are not pressuring at all, holding a line about a yard to two above the box. Noticing teams tend to always put 5-6 men in the box, for corners. It is hard to gauge Spurs line as they are mostly in West Ham's end. They seem to press alot right now 0-0 as their default.

And apparently Zabeleta wears black underwear on game day! Didn't need to see that!

It may need to be pretty simplistic as this is what they will play if you don't have a second controller (assuming we're right and no patches improve dynamic game plans). Might need to go on instinct and the variety can come in the defensive line, the numbers of players in the box under various circumstances, width of the offensive and defensive sets, etc. You're right, alot of variables that come not only based on the club but who they are playing, where they are playing, what is the game situation, etc.
How do you feel about the Width (Defence and Offense) sliders? Do all those values (1 to 10) play/look realistically?

Last edited by ricardodc; 10-20-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2018, 01:29 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
But what I think we'd all like to see is a lower level team come out against Man City and consider going for it the first ten minutes, trying to sucker punch them, then maybe playing a more conservative style the rest of the way...you know, varying their style game to game from the outset based on the opponent, position in the table etc. The current game gave me hope (the 'selling point') but it doesn't seem to come to fruition. I don't have an issue myself using the second controller to make logical game play changes for the opponent, but I ideally I wouldn't need to do that.
I have an issue with it, not because of laziness, but I don't think there's any immersion for me when trying to win an important match and having to manage my opponents tactics at the same time. If EA can actually finish the game though, I can see myself spending the time making some edits to the tactics beforehand, so it's nice to watch the discussion here.

Consider this for a moment, the logic is there already. Teams switch formation based on that (old) code, and commentators even have lines related to tactic changes by the cpu. All they have to do is change the lines of the code that tweaked the old ctt sliders and make them use the dpad left/right instead. I think it's a bit insulting if they don't do that, but that's just me. If they're hoping that most people will not notice matches making no sense tactically they have another thing coming i'm afraid (see below for an example).

Quote:
Question:

Do you think Defensive Style Constant Pressure should be set on Balanced tactics or be reserved just to Attacking tactics?

Same thought about Drop back...

I'm sure opinions will vary, these teams make me want to sim the games personally, the more games I get to play against them. First, I don't like how they implemented pressure, but if they could switch off the constant pressure when they actually win I would be more ok with them using it by default on balanced.

I played against barcelona yesterday in la liga using real betis, it should feel like a special game but...

Suarez scored a ridiculous bicycle kick after flicking the ball up in the air (it actually went through him with no collision detection), and the rest of the game was them still running after the ball like idiots and me counter attacking them with plenty of space to run into. In the end I won 2-1 and didn't enjoy it at all. My biggest worry was not their pressure but them scoring another random and impossible to defend bicycle kick. The fact that tactics are so strong this year makes it even more important to actually have them adjust somehow based on scoreline, otherwise the more extreme ones will feel ok half of the time and ridiculous the other half of the time. So, in short, I really don't know what's best.

Last edited by Chrisx; 10-20-2018 at 01:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »