Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-06-2017, 07:14 AM   #825
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Early thoughts/questions/feedback...

I had SUCH a good time in that ARS v LEI game last night.

1) I'm curious what the benefit of such low pass speed is? Like, why is 35 preferable to say 40(ish). I was rolling 38 pre patch. 35 is by no means 'unplayable' as I've seen suggested, I just feel the ball moves SLIGHTLY too slowly relative to how fast the players are moving. Basically, what is the "con" of running in the say, 38-43 range?

2) Thia game featured 2 goals from outside the box (see video) from Mahrez and Xhaka. Did anything stand out to anyone as being "off" or did they look good to you all (i.e. shot speed, GK animations, accuracy, etc.)

3) Shot error. I think 50 MIGHT produce too many shots on target. What are your thoughts here? I was toying with 52/3 pre-patch, leaning towards liking 52. (I use w/e default shooting is, I assume assisted--i know it ain't manual LOL).

Looking forward to your feedback. This game is SO good!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
I myself is running 38/38 in pass speed, I think that suits me the best, without the passes being to slow, and also not too fast. And I have shot error on 53/53, It is still between one to four goals in each game, but with 51 & 52 I felt the post was to much in the way. With the ball hitting the post 8 times in the same game, that was just to unrealistic for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 07:51 AM   #826
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
58% possession 7 shots on target, you were trying to walk it in weren’t you J?
Well, it was Arsenal so probably yeah.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:03 AM   #827
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:

1) I'm curious what the benefit of such low pass speed is? Like, why is 35 preferable to say 40(ish). I was rolling 38 pre patch. 35 is by no means 'unplayable' as I've seen suggested, I just feel the ball moves SLIGHTLY too slowly relative to how fast the players are moving. Basically, what is the "con" of running in the say, 38-43 range?

2) Thia game featured 2 goals from outside the box (see video) from Mahrez and Xhaka. Did anything stand out to anyone as being "off" or did they look good to you all (i.e. shot speed, GK animations, accuracy, etc.)

3) Shot error. I think 50 MIGHT produce too many shots on target. What are your thoughts here? I was toying with 52/3 pre-patch, leaning towards liking 52. (I use w/e default shooting is, I assume assisted--i know it ain't manual LOL).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
The only nitpicky thing I see is I think the GKs could have begun reacting to the shots from distance a smidge earlier than what is shown. I know the ball seems to be coming out from behind the defenders but it looks like it is still traveling yards beyond the D before the GK reacts. That too is when you see it on replay from over the scorer's shoulder. Real-time looked nice, then when you break it down I think the reaction could have been earlier. Schmichel's dive with the top hand over top seemed more realistic though Cech's may have been more reactionary, not 'text book'. Of course, defenders could have been a bit tighter but it seemed realistic in both cases. Flight of ball, lack of chance to stop it, etc. on both looked good.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:37 AM   #828
Just started!

Hello all! Thanks for all the hard work in testing and posting these, they make the game sooooo much better!

One thing I have noticed is that if a player (usually defenders or big strikers in lesser leagues) have low Acceleration and Sprint Speed attributes, they rarely if ever reach full speed in a game.

This seems to make them a huge liability because the game seems to link the full sprint animation with slide tackle distance and lunging blocks.

Does anyone have any information about what the minimum slider tweak is on Slow settings to get a player to actually reach full speed and accelerate like a true pro athlete rather than some 50 year old dude at the park?

Thanks again!
Old 10-06-2017, 08:52 AM   #829
Rookie

Hi guys! Matt thanks so much for the sliders... It has really made the game better. It looks as if the patch was built around your sliders. EA must employ your services to make the game better for everyone else. I started a new CM yesterday with Madrid after downloading the patch and I lost 6:3 on aggregate to Barcelona (Spanish Super Cup) on Legendary difficulty 10 mins slow; i lost 1:3 at home first leg and 3:2 away. Also drew 2:2 with Valencia and won 3:0 playing with Levante... In all it felt very competitive and not much goals. With your sliders the game is much realistic now. Am new here... Phil from Ghana.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:54 AM   #830
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Testing:

Old 10-06-2017, 09:56 AM   #831
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

I played one game, so I don't have much ground to stand on, but you asked for feedback, so...

1) I'm in the same pass speed boat. I think something around 40 might be a good compromise of how it plays and looks. Generally, I think assisted/semi users will get better results with lower speeds than manual. In my one match I played with 45/35 and while my manual passing was good considering the rust, the CPU's was maybe a bit sluggish (but it was Brighton).

2) On the Mahrez goal, while the oh-so-realistic Xhaka matador defending was the main culprit, the backline (Kos in particular) really didn't react to the threat and even receded into the box a bit . It was similar on the Xhaka goal; ball moves into danger area at the top of the box and the defenders, who were in good position a few yards above the 18, back into the box allowing time & space to shoot.

Everything else looked acceptable enough to me. Good distance shooters, on their stronger foot, with space and momentum, etc.

3) I also think some shot error is preferable, but it's a very fine line between too many on target and unable to finish. However, considering how many wild attempts we see IRL, I lean towards more error in hopes it will punish poor timing/positioning (not sure to what extent it does) and add some more, well, error.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 10:08 AM   #832
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

Love the sliders thus far. I use the custom tactics also (with custom lines).
I got the patch last night (Xbone). The game seemed a bit.....harder? I played 3 league games (I play as Southampton). I lost 2 and drew the other. I played the 4th leg of the league cup at green forest rovers. I managed to squeak past GFR 1-0.... Did the patch: 1) distort the sliders, 2) the game gets a little harder a quarter of the season in, 3) am I suffering from a placebo effect?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »