Home

FIFA 17 Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Simulation Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: Playing CPU vs CPU default, what looks the most realistic?
Legendary 31 20.95%
World Class 51 34.46%
Professional 61 41.22%
All look the same 9 6.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2016, 08:28 AM   #113
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 Simulation Sliders

Its interesting you guys think Pro is the most realistic. I'll have to check that out because I've only played FIFA 17 on World Class and Legendary so far
Old 10-24-2016, 08:33 AM   #114
MVP

Todays set being tested:

CPU, WC, 15 min

51 Sprint Speed
49 Acceleration
55 Shot Error
60 Pass Error
51 Shot Speed
51 Pass Speed
49 Injury Frequency
49 Injury Severity
41 GK Ability
50 Marking
00 Run Frequency
65 Line Height
50 Line Length
53 Line Width
00 FB Positioning
75 FT Control

Comments: I gave up trying to lower overall pace. The way we can make it (lowering acceleration, pass speed) result on bad secondary effects. Now, I am facing another issue. Low pass speeds and line lengths make long balls and fast wingers useless. Players can't break away because passes are too short and slow allowing defenders to recover easily. Thoughts?

Cheers!
Old 10-24-2016, 08:39 AM   #115
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodc
Todays set being tested:

CPU, WC, 15 min

51 Sprint Speed
49 Acceleration
55 Shot Error
60 Pass Error
51 Shot Speed
51 Pass Speed
49 Injury Frequency
49 Injury Severity
41 GK Ability
50 Marking
00 Run Frequency
65 Line Height
50 Line Length
53 Line Width
00 FB Positioning
75 FT Control

Comments: I gave up trying to lower overall pace. The way we can make it (lowering acceleration, pass speed) result on bad secondary effects. Now, I am facing another issue. Low pass speeds and line lengths make long balls and fast wingers useless. Players can't break away because passes are too short and slow allowing defenders to recover easily. Thoughts?

Cheers!
Which pass speed were you using that was too slow? 51?

Have you tried

Sprint 51
Acceleration 48

I was having a similar problem before the patch and this seemed to work. I also had an acceleration discrepancy to stop bursting though, which isn't a big problem for me post patch - not sure if this works post patch at all

Last edited by Rachel93; 10-24-2016 at 08:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 10:01 AM   #116
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel93
Which pass speed were you using that was too slow? 51?

Have you tried

Sprint 51
Acceleration 48

I was having a similar problem before the patch and this seemed to work. I also had an acceleration discrepancy to stop bursting though, which isn't a big problem for me post patch - not sure if this works post patch at all
I tested values from 46 to 51 pass speed. Also tested 99 FT but that adds to the problem of long balls being too hard to receive and so making them useless. For now I have settle for the middle term (75).

Did not tested 48 acceleration today. Last time I did (check previous posts) I came to the conclusion that accelerations lower than 49 make lower rated sides be able to easily stop stronger sides making every game look very much alike and unrealistically balanced.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers!
Old 10-24-2016, 10:19 AM   #117
Banned

Quote:
I tested values from 46 to 51 pass speed. Also tested 99 FT but that adds to the problem of long balls being too hard to receive and so making them useless. For now I have settle for the middle term (75).

Did not tested 48 acceleration today. Last time I did (check previous posts) I came to the conclusion that accelerations lower than 49 make lower rated sides be able to easily stop stronger sides making every game look very much alike and unrealistically balanced.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers!
Yeah, I like sprint 50 acceleration 49, I don't use 48 now

I was just trying to figure out a way to solve the problem you're having with the speed, but okay

And real life long balls are useless 90% of the time unless they have a tall strong striker with good ball control waiting for them. One of the main reasons the long balls forward tactics are dying out in top level football

Last edited by Rachel93; 10-24-2016 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:47 AM   #118
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel93
Yeah, I like sprint 50 acceleration 49, I don't use 48 now

I was just trying to figure out a way to solve the problem you're having with the speed, but okay

And real life long balls are useless 90% of the time unless they have a tall strong striker with good ball control waiting for them. One of the main reasons the long balls forward tactics are dying out in top level football
When I refer to long balls I am mainly talking about those long passes targeting the fast wingers and strikers to get behind the defensive line. Those are the ones that we see all the time (think about Leicester for example). If by slowing the game we unintentionally prevent those passes to be effective we remove the chance of different tactics to be viable. At the end, the only way to score will be the short passing slow build-up and the game becomes repetitive.

Enviado do meu GT-I8190 através de Tapatalk

Last edited by ricardodc; 10-24-2016 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:31 AM   #119
MVP

Just recorded a Leicester vs Crystal Palace CPU vs CPU gameplay with the today's test set.

It was nice to see plenty of long balls. Exciting game.

Stats:

REAL LIFE
Goals 3-1
Shots 16-23
Shots on target 4-7
Possession% 45-55
Tackles 18-17
Fouls 10-8
Offsides 1-3
Corners 8-8
Pass accuracy% 74-80

WORLD CLASS
Goals 4-1
Shots 17-9
Shots on target 7-4
Possession% 50-50
Tackles 17-20
Fouls 2-6
Injuries 0-1
Offsides 3-1
Corners 5-4
Shot accuracy% 41-44
Pass accuracy% 81-81

Suggestions are welcome.

Cheers!

Last edited by ricardodc; 10-24-2016 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:50 PM   #120
Banned

Quote:
When I refer to long balls I am mainly talking about those long passes targeting the fast wingers and strikers to get behind the defensive line. Those are the ones that we see all the time (think about Leicester for example). If by slowing the game we unintentionally prevent those passes to be effective we remove the chance of different tactics to be viable. At the end, the only way to score will be the short passing slow build-up and the game becomes repetitive.

Enviado do meu GT-I8190 através de Tapatalk
Yeah I agree with all of this. I don't really agree with slowing the game down too much anyway - football isn't golf. Personally I see most pass variation on error 54. But I seem to get more offsides with 52 for some weird reason. So I'll look into 53

Yeah balls over the top are extremely important to have in the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »