Home

Slider suggestions for improving CPU scoring

This is a discussion on Slider suggestions for improving CPU scoring within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-09-2015, 03:33 PM   #1
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OVR: 0
Slider suggestions for improving CPU scoring

I'm a relatively casual player, but I'm enjoying my career modes. I play on Professional level. I like the level of scoring for me, but I would like some slider suggestions for getting more scoring from my CPU opponents. I've learned to defend a lot better, so I need to increase CPU goals. I've already decreased CPU shooting error and my GK ability a bit. I don't understand soccer and some of the other sliders well enough to know how to increase CPU scoring. What are some suggested slider tweaks that may help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2015, 04:52 PM   #2
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Slider suggestions for improving CPU scoring

the reality is; the CPU is really limited on professional level. it's very passive and lacks creativity of any sort.

your best bet is to move to WC level, and reduce marking to 40 for the CPU and that will open up the game for you.

CPU pass speed pretty much drives the CPU's attack. I'm playing on default 50/50 pass speed and having a real good time.

lots of nil-all draws followed by 3-3 barnburners. the variety from game to game is excellent, and the CPU is at times flooring me with it's buildup play to goals.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:19 PM   #3
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OK....I'll try again. Every time I move to WC, I lose something to nil. I just can't score. I usually have good, fun games at Pro, with sliders slightly favoring the CPU. I'd just like for them to be a little better at scoring goals.

I'll try your suggestion of decreasing CPU marking. I'm thinking I'll also need to give myself other slider advantages too, if that level is going to be fun for me. I'm more about having fun than improving my skill level.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:52 PM   #4
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buziii
OK....I'll try again. Every time I move to WC, I lose something to nil. I just can't score. I usually have good, fun games at Pro, with sliders slightly favoring the CPU. I'd just like for them to be a little better at scoring goals.

I'll try your suggestion of decreasing CPU marking. I'm thinking I'll also need to give myself other slider advantages too, if that level is going to be fun for me. I'm more about having fun than improving my skill level.
increase FT error to 60 and pass error to 57-60 for the CPU.

i wouldn't go lower than 40 for CPU marking as funky stuff starts happening. but at 40 you'll notice you get a lot more time on the ball to make a skill move or a killer pass in the front third.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM   #5
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OK, Cuonzo. I played my first game with your suggestions, plus I gave myself some extra speed advantage. I'm Orlando City vs. NYCFC. I've made quite a few improvements to OCFC, so I think they are superior in talent to NYCFC.

We ended in a 0-0 tie. But, I should have won. Shots 17-4 me, SOT 11-4 me, Poss 53-47 me. Their GK (Meara) stopped everything and had an 8.6 rating. I think we nerfed the CPU enough that they made a lot of turnovers, so that kept them from getting enough goal chances.

That's just one game, so I'll keep trying these settings for a few more to see how it goes.

BTW - The Bears should be pretty good in b-ball this year, huh? I actually have a Cal t-shirt, but I tell every one that Calipari must be loved in Berkeley because they make t-shirts with his nickname on them.

EDIT: I've played two more matches, now a total of three at WC level with the other suggested changes. Maybe I can handle WC. As I mentioned, my first match was a 0-0 draw, but I had lots of chances. 2nd match I won 3-1, even though the CPU had a few more shots on goal than me. 3rd match I won 5-0! I'm not sure I've ever scored 5 goals. I must say the gameplay feels more difficult, even with these results. I'll try ramping down my slider advantages to find the right balance.

Last edited by buziii; 11-11-2015 at 08:44 AM. Reason: add commentary
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2015, 11:27 PM   #6
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

good that it's working for you.

yeah cal will have a good b-ball team and in the meantime we get Goff and the bears.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:12 AM   #7
Rookie

buziii's Arena

Yeah, that kid is really good. Personally, I'm ready to move to basketball!

I actually realized the WC settings I was using made the game too much in my favor. I could score and the CPU still couldn't. Last night I moved up to a version using your cm sliders as a base. I tried them exactly like your's but wound up with this:

Speed 52/48
Accel 52/48
Shot Error 50/40
Pass Error 50/57
Shot Speed 50/50
Pass Speed 50/50
Injury Freq 60/60
Severity 40/40
GK ability 40/40
Marking 40/40
Run Freq 50/50
Line Ht 55/55
Length 45/45
Width 70/70
FB Pos 50/50
FT Control 50/55

I still find I need the extra speed crutch to make it fun for me. The only game I played last night with these I won 1-0. My only goal was on a pretty fortunate cross and Kaka header on the break. But the CPU had way more shots. It still seems they miss badly on a lot of shots, even with shot error down at 40.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:49 AM   #8
Rookie

buziii's Arena

Does anyone else feel the Shot Error slider is reversed? I've been trying to get better scoring from the CPU by reducing this slider to 40. Based on very limited experience, the CPU shots seem less accurate than when I move it back up to 50.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »