Home

FIFA 15 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-31-2014, 10:00 AM   #25
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA 15 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Big burst issues with the sliders Matt especially with diagonal moving. I saw in your stream that you try to play without this exploit as you don't use inside diagonal moves with your wingers. The "cut inside" move from the wings is one of the most important things in modern football.
Do me a favor bro, post a video of this big bursting issue, because last night Matt and I tried everything to recreate it, and I've tried this morning and cannot. Now of course, using a Gareth Bale on the wing he's going to run by a flat footed defender, but that's football, and it happens, but as long as the help arrives, which is does from what I've seen then we're good right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 10:00 AM   #26
Rookie

olliekse's Arena

OVR: 0

What i don't understand is how the developers can't attain uber-realism. They must of watched enough footage of games to get a rough grasp of the cookie cutter 442 way of playing. Is it a case of binary can only do so much? or is it a case of it is only ever intended to be an arcadey representation? Do they need Mourinho to point stuff out at the alpha/beta stages? Maybe there is a demand for sports coders, much like how there are racing-specific developers - people with track experience who know how to port the experience into the digital domain.

Im going to retain a sense of perspective though and I am having loads of fun with the game

Last edited by olliekse; 10-31-2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: woeful spelling
Old 10-31-2014, 10:02 AM   #27
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
It's not choppy, it's just inconsistent gameplay. The problem relies on the "burst bug" and the zonal/marking bug combined with the lines. Messing with line height above default will give you some good games only against specific teams because it does have a straight impact on the individual team tactics. Also the argument that teams irl don't defend with their line inside the box in completely invalid.
I agree with you on the height somewhat as I'm still to 100% sold on it having to be so high, but against works, and it is working. I've been trying to exploit the high height today to no avail.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:07 AM   #28
Rookie

Asthicore's Arena

OVR: 0

Is it already a final version? And what about asisst and
camera settings?
Old 10-31-2014, 10:10 AM   #29
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asthicore
Is it already a final version? And what about asisst and
camera settings?
No assists and tactical defending for me, camera I use is Tele Broadcast 12 height 16 zoom
Old 10-31-2014, 10:15 AM   #30
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
I concur. People moan a lot about the bursting issue, but there is some aspect of that in every FIFA, although this year it's harder to "fix" than in FIFA '14. Still, I vastly prefer the ability to work into space of FIFA '15 compared with last year.

That said, there are two things that sliders simply fail to fix in this year's game: the CPU pressure/tackling and the inability for human *or* human AI to defend. I consistently pause the game and grimace at an instant replay while marveling at the CPU's defending. Then, I do the same and marvel at my team's complete failure to do the same.

Enough people know how I feel about Fidel's gameplay mod, but it fixes both of these issues pretty much 100%.

Anyhow, good luck on this endeavor, gents.
Here's where I really really disagree. Defending is not at all hard, it's just different. It takes a lot of getting used to I get that, and it's not the type of thing where I can say do A, B, and C, and you'll be fine. It's more of a feel thing, watching the pitch and anticipating, playing safe, let the other team have the ball, be patient, but most importantly, don't make that one killer error that will have you concede.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:20 AM   #31
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm not talking about what I do, I'm talking about what my AI teammates do while defending. I don't like having to either take control of them within a split second or use teammate contain. It's too much micromanaging. EA just need to allow human players to take control of a single player while the rest of the team defends *capably* and according to player ratings. That's all I ask and in this year's FIFA, they totally failed IMO. Nonetheless, that issue bothers me 10% as much as the CPU pressure/tackling. If my AI teammates defended with the "pride" (Matt, /hi5!) that the CPU defends with, I'd be utterly thrilled. Instead, they act like they're on sedatives.

Last edited by Gnemi; 10-31-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 10:21 AM   #32
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Do me a favor bro, post a video of this big bursting issue, because last night Matt and I tried everything to recreate it, and I've tried this morning and cannot. Now of course, using a Gareth Bale on the wing he's going to run by a flat footed defender, but that's football, and it happens, but as long as the help arrives, which is does from what I've seen then we're good right?
Nope I watched the stream and you didn't try correctly to recreate it. Just take any midfielder (especially RM or LM) and start a straight run. Stop suddenly and in a second move diagonal inside. Stop again and change direction again with a diagonal move. You've already messed the whole cpu D. It's a confirmed exploit. The only way to fix this is to give a big speed advantage to cpu via the slider option. Or if you're on pc you can use the ini file and set the parameters there for cpu defending.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »