Home

EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-13-2024, 08:22 AM   #2049
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertwister
I think Title Update 9 will be interesting.

Gameplay
Made the following changes:

Improved AI teammate positioning and marking decision making in cutback scenarios.

Reduced effectiveness of Outside Foot Shots for players with or without the Trivela PlayStyle and PlayStyle+.
Moderately reduced Outside Foot Shot accuracy.
Reduced the maximum potential amount of top spin the ball can have from an Outside Foot Shot.
Updated player selection logic when using Secondary Contain.

Addressed the following issues:

Improved referee foul calling logic inside the box following a clearance attempt.
Sometimes, the attacking player could have unintentionally stumbled over a slide tackling defender’s arms when attempting to avoid them.
In some situations, the goalkeeper could have incorrectly picked up the ball after it was passed by a teammate’s foot.
Now Live! This is only nextgen specific
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ea.jpg (157.5 KB, 150 views)
Old 02-13-2024, 09:05 AM   #2050
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee_Simpson
Everyone here who is using default pace with 10/10 sprint speed or even lower, what about the fact that you are running at 50 sprint speed when on the ball and they aren't without it? Do you not find it too easy to run past players this way?

I can give you a few of my thoughts on this. I think how you see/experience this varies a lot based on playstyle. For me - when I'm using a lower league team/create a club, my players' first touch, ball control, and dribbling stats seem to really restrict the ability to abuse this in a short space. I also tend to pass more through the defense than dribble, so I don't feel it as much. If I recall, you like dribbling more, so you'll feel that impact more than I do. I do find that if I am facing a heavy pressing team and just opt to dribble (i.e. come in from the wing and cut across diagonally in particular), I can feel my player is OP, and I can work through the defense more easily and I feel like I've got more of an exploit with pace. As my team improves (or I drift to throwing in more dribbling and skill moves), I've wondered about how to balance that off. So likely not a lot of help for your current issues!

On a random note - I remember reading somewhere (and likely here), that reduced marking can sometimes make the AI slide tackle more since they're a little further out of position. I wonder if that's part of what I'm seeing with marking on 50 vs say 55 , or even 52. In some light testing back in 22 or 23 it seemed to hold true. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed that.

Last edited by MRapide; 02-13-2024 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:21 AM   #2051
Rookie

Gee_Simpson,

The sprint value for slider adjustments is merely a threshold for universal player movements, not a hardcoded finite value. In your post you stated: The dribbler is always at 50 speed. So the defending player will be at the Sprint Speed value, meaning if we have the CPU at a 35 Sprint, and the user is dribbling the ball, the user will always have the advantage as we are actually at 50 Sprint. This circumstance would only occur if you manually configure the sliders to 50 for the user and 35 for CPU. Players in the game are always disadvantaged when they are dribbling in terms of actualized speed; players without the ball do not have to maintain possession, watch the ball, correct their sprint, etc., simply run in a straight line. When playing matches with Legendary or Ultimate difficulty, if the sprint values are the same for the user and CPU, then neither side can surpass that value. The only exception is for World Class difficulties, where the disparity in sprint values is required to overcome inherent game coding issues, as tested by Matt and the development team. For the Version 8 Harder Legendary, default or slow paced sets, the CPU is allotted between a twenty-five and fifty percent supplement to their speed slider values to add increased challenges for the user in those modes.

If you think in terms of the sprint slider value as a percentage, then setting the slider to 6 would be one hundred percent. Players dribbling the ball generally have their individual player speed rating diminish by ten percent, or using this example, the defenders for either the user of CPU would be sprinting at the maximum value (6), while the dribbler would only be sprinting at a 5.4, allowing slower defenders to catch up to attackers with enough distance. Additionally, if the user sprint slider value was configured to 6 and the CPU to 50, that does not mean the CPU players will sprint eight times faster than the user, just a percentage faster. In the past when testing sprint slider values, I first set the game to 50 for both the user and CPU, and during a match controlled a CM with an individual speed attribute of 80, and full stamina. With the camera adjustment set to co-op, I placed the CM on the edge of my own eighteen-yard box and held down the sprint button, ran in a straight line to the opposite eight-yard box edge line and counted the time duration in seconds. The average time was between 7.5 and 8.5 seconds. Next, I redid the testing sequence with the sprint slider value set to 6, and using the same player, the elapsed time was between 10 and 11.5 seconds. In the testing I also used the CM to track down a fast paced attacker possessing the ball. In both situations, the slower CM started with a four to five yard gap between the players, and after the attacker ran the length of the pitch, was able to close the gap to one yard or less, however, did require fifty to sixty yards of pitch length to do so. Regardless of the sprint slider value, either 50 or 6, in no circumstance was the gap drastically enlarged, only the elapsed time it took for the attacker to sprint from the start point to the opposing goal for a shot. When playing longer matches, switching from six minute halves to eight, I wanted to reduce the amount of perceived ping-pong action. With the sprint slider values set to above ten, there were more than realistic back and forth progressions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2024, 10:30 AM   #2052
Rookie

I played now. I think the game runs very well after the update. I play world class.
Old 02-13-2024, 03:33 PM   #2053
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urkaun
I play Legendary Slow but use 50/50 Sprint Speed. Some of the other testers do play Legendary Default and I might give it a go as the animations aren’t as jittery this year on Default. The 10/10 Sprint Speed is something I’ve thought about as well though. 50/50 Sprint Speed on Default might be too chaotic though. It works on Slow.
Yeah I'm also using 50/50 for sprint speed on Legendary difficulty atm. Based on what CinKid73 is saying though, maybe 10/10 sprint speed would be fine? Although Matt and the other testers have tested this in the past and came to the conclusion I quoted, so I'm not sure who's right now

I did play with 50/50 sprint speed on normal game speed by mistake for 1 game, and it felt way too fast unfortunately.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:56 PM   #2054
Rookie

OVR: 2

I’ve read all these posts about the sprint speed at various levels and difficulties and it still makes no sense to me. Why is this so hard to explain? I get the fact that when saying 10/10 or 50/50 that the number is not an absolute. And that it’s a percentage and based on several factors like a players sprint attribute, whether they have the ball while sprinting, etc. But beyond that no one has clearly explained why 10/10 or 20/50 or any other combination works or which works best.

All I know is that with the current sliders speed doesn’t feel good. I play on World Class. I’ve been doing an RTG from League 2, now in the Championship. I have multiple players with 90+ sprint speed and good dribbling ability and they can never, ever, under any circumstance outrun the cpu on the wings no matter who the defender is. My only chance to get behind is a well timed through ball and they’ll catch me quite quickly. The last game I played the cpu had a 59 overall LB, with 56 pace, and he was glued to my players all game.

I am not asking to always blow by the cpu. I understand a dribbling player is slower than a player without the ball. But to never be able to outrun the defense? Even with a fresh sub in the 80th minute against tired legs? It makes no sense and is completely unrealistic to the actual game of football. It makes playing a fast, counter attacking style completely non-viable.
Old 02-14-2024, 02:26 AM   #2055
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superrandy
I’ve read all these posts about the sprint speed at various levels and difficulties and it still makes no sense to me. Why is this so hard to explain? I get the fact that when saying 10/10 or 50/50 that the number is not an absolute. And that it’s a percentage and based on several factors like a players sprint attribute, whether they have the ball while sprinting, etc. But beyond that no one has clearly explained why 10/10 or 20/50 or any other combination works or which works best.

All I know is that with the current sliders speed doesn’t feel good. I play on World Class. I’ve been doing an RTG from League 2, now in the Championship. I have multiple players with 90+ sprint speed and good dribbling ability and they can never, ever, under any circumstance outrun the cpu on the wings no matter who the defender is. My only chance to get behind is a well timed through ball and they’ll catch me quite quickly. The last game I played the cpu had a 59 overall LB, with 56 pace, and he was glued to my players all game.

I am not asking to always blow by the cpu. I understand a dribbling player is slower than a player without the ball. But to never be able to outrun the defense? Even with a fresh sub in the 80th minute against tired legs? It makes no sense and is completely unrealistic to the actual game of football. It makes playing a fast, counter attacking style completely non-viable.
On World Class, a bigger difference is needed, because that's when CB Jockey comes into play. Regardless, you can try other values. I also play World Class. There is a challenge with these values.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2024, 10:35 AM   #2056
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorbertArsenal
On World Class, a bigger difference is needed, because that's when CB Jockey comes into play. Regardless, you can try other values. I also play World Class. There is a challenge with these values.
I'd add a small suggestion to this and recommend you try a couple world class matches starting with the same sprint values for user and AI to see how it plays, and then increase the difference. You might find a spot with a lower discrepancy that balances the defensive angle issues/CB jockey and player pace for your playstyle. It might also highlight some of the issues that Matt and team were/are fighting against, and you can see if you ultimately prefer the gameplay with a little "fairer" pace relationships but some CPU issues that can be exploited, or prefer to reduce the CPU issues at the expense of the pace discrepancy. There's no wrong or right answer, it's just your preference at the end of the day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »