Home

EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-12-2024, 02:25 PM   #2041
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

Played a few more games and I think it was perhaps Villarreal in particular are just very good in the game, Sorloth is an absolute beast. I'm still conceding goals even though I feel my defending is improving. I have changed the marking to 55 based on Matt's recent post and I feel like this has helped a little.

It just feels like Legendary difficulty is cheating even more this year. They seem to always come away with the ball in tight spaces with lucky deflections and in most 50/50's too. The goals they score can be ridiculous, pretty much the same types of goals but it feels almost impossible to stop at times. It's very hard to keep a clean sheet.

People have reccommended Ultimate difficulty, does it feel more fair than Legendary? I may have to try it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2024, 03:10 PM   #2042
Just started!

The recent discussion about sprint speeds and acceleration has gotten me confused. With the sliders applied, for me it has gotten impossible to outrun anyone, to the point where sprinting is no longer a factor in the game as any opposing player can catch up with players that should be (much) faster easily. This makes playing balls into space or using attacking fullbacks or quick wingers basically pointless. It has gotten to the point where I was wondering if I’d misinterpreted the values somehow (the 20/35 thing for example has me confused) and all the talk about having to tone down the sprinting reinforces that thought… I’m doing something wrong but it’s hard to tell what it is.
Old 02-12-2024, 07:26 PM   #2043
Rookie

Fr8 Enz

The sprint value discrepancies you are mentioning, specifically the 20/55, 10/15, or 20/30 settings, are reserved only for World Class to alleviate the ease in which the user can outpace the CPU when attacking or defending, or Harder Legendary slider adjustments to increase the game challenge for the user. These settings can assist users who are honing their skills in preparation for increasing the overall difficulty of the game; e.g. Legendary to Ultimate, and not for users content with the baseline difficulty level, except for World Class settings. If you are planning on staying at a particular difficulty level, then using the same values for both the user and CPU for speed is recommended. As for the acceleration values, they remain constant for default paced matches (50/50), while slow paced formats require a 'boost' to counterattack inherent game coding problems with animations, reactions, and awareness by CPU and AI controlled user players. I believe in the latest slider set version, Matt and the development team have enumerated a value of 51 for the baseline, 51/55 for World Class slow paced only, and a 51/52 for Harder slow paced sets.

The problems you described with regard to CPU players running down your attackers, despite sprint and acceleration player attribute advantages, is essentially the way the game is designed for higher difficulty levels at default pace matches to allow the CPU to be competitive, even when top table user clubs play CPU bottom table ones. Using slider adjustments to alleviate these issues remains tedious at best, and are generally reserved for universal game settings, and not for individual problematic elements occurring during matches. You could experiment with slow paced configurations where player attributes do have a more relevant effect on gameplay, for instance fast paced attackers consistently running away from slow paced defenders, as they do in real-life, however, you will expectedly discover other 'game breaking' aspects to slow paced settings that are not experienced in default paced matches.

Last edited by CinKid73; 02-12-2024 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-12-2024, 08:07 PM   #2044
Pro

Everyone here who is using default pace with 10/10 sprint speed or even lower, what about the fact that you are running at 50 sprint speed when on the ball and they aren't without it? Do you not find it too easy to run past players this way?
Old 02-12-2024, 08:11 PM   #2045
Rookie

Gee_Simpson,

Converting from Legendary to Ultimate difficulty in EA FC 24 has not been as challenging as in previous titles. When playing matches at either level, there will always be aspects of 'cheating' by the CPU, however, by using the suggested slider adjustments, and fine tuning on your part, the gameplay could be a more enjoyable experience. If the elements of CPU advantage did not exist, then everyone would master the gameplay, and there would be no point to continue playing, or raising the difficulty over time. My recommendation would be to use the exact sliders that Matt and the development team have offered in Version 8, and including the new test value for marking (between 52 and 55). The huge discrepancies in shot, pass, and first touch errors between the user and CPU, should allow you to become accustomed to the new difficulty level. As you make progressions in gameplay, then begin reducing the error values. The hardest possible configuration in the game is Ultimate default paced settings, where the user and CPU sliders are the same. Recently, due to Title Update changes in gameplay, I have been forced to incorporate some of the slider differences, instead of maintaining my previous settings of even sliders that have now resulted in no offensive buildup or scoring for my user club. A number of changes in Title Update 9 may further enhance user gameplay, however, only slightly in comparison to the protracted list of bugs/glitches. Below is an except from a post to this forum last month, in which I outline the advantages to upgrading from Legendary to Ultimate difficulty.

Based on the difficulty chart and publications authored by the developers at EA, there is an assumption that the difficulty percentages for CPU gameplay are hardcoded into the game engine, and are to be considered static. My belief however, is that the percentage values are the low-end baseline for CPU gameplay, and as metadata is compiled over time, the dynamic difficulty adjustment algorithm modifies these values. For example, when a user is conducting a career mode save at the World Class difficulty and performing well on the pitch for several matches in a row, the dynamic difficulty adjustment algorithm has the ability to randomly increase CPU attacking intelligence from 75% to 100%, or any of the three other categorizations in the chart. These are the only four categories that EA has published, however, it is apparent to anyone who has played the game for more than a week, that more 'hidden' game difficulty adjustment classifications exist (for reference, page 220 of this forum).

In summation, nearly all CPU player attributes are theoretically configured to 100% at Ultimate difficulty, instead of a fluctuating variability that modifies during every match, allowing for slider adjustment changes to become more apparent, consistent, and accountable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Impact and Breakdown.jpg (54.5 KB, 103 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2024, 03:29 AM   #2046
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinKid73
Gee_Simpson,

Converting from Legendary to Ultimate difficulty in EA FC 24 has not been as challenging as in previous titles. When playing matches at either level, there will always be aspects of 'cheating' by the CPU, however, by using the suggested slider adjustments, and fine tuning on your part, the gameplay could be a more enjoyable experience. If the elements of CPU advantage did not exist, then everyone would master the gameplay, and there would be no point to continue playing, or raising the difficulty over time. My recommendation would be to use the exact sliders that Matt and the development team have offered in Version 8, and including the new test value for marking (between 52 and 55). The huge discrepancies in shot, pass, and first touch errors between the user and CPU, should allow you to become accustomed to the new difficulty level. As you make progressions in gameplay, then begin reducing the error values. The hardest possible configuration in the game is Ultimate default paced settings, where the user and CPU sliders are the same. Recently, due to Title Update changes in gameplay, I have been forced to incorporate some of the slider differences, instead of maintaining my previous settings of even sliders that have now resulted in no offensive buildup or scoring for my user club. A number of changes in Title Update 9 may further enhance user gameplay, however, only slightly in comparison to the protracted list of bugs/glitches. Below is an except from a post to this forum last month, in which I outline the advantages to upgrading from Legendary to Ultimate difficulty.

Based on the difficulty chart and publications authored by the developers at EA, there is an assumption that the difficulty percentages for CPU gameplay are hardcoded into the game engine, and are to be considered static. My belief however, is that the percentage values are the low-end baseline for CPU gameplay, and as metadata is compiled over time, the dynamic difficulty adjustment algorithm modifies these values. For example, when a user is conducting a career mode save at the World Class difficulty and performing well on the pitch for several matches in a row, the dynamic difficulty adjustment algorithm has the ability to randomly increase CPU attacking intelligence from 75% to 100%, or any of the three other categorizations in the chart. These are the only four categories that EA has published, however, it is apparent to anyone who has played the game for more than a week, that more 'hidden' game difficulty adjustment classifications exist (for reference, page 220 of this forum).

In summation, nearly all CPU player attributes are theoretically configured to 100% at Ultimate difficulty, instead of a fluctuating variability that modifies during every match, allowing for slider adjustment changes to become more apparent, consistent, and accountable.
I mean in terms of this:

"The dribbler is always at 50 speed. So the defending player will be at the Sprint Speed value, meaning if we have the CPU at a 35 Sprint, and the user is dribbling the ball, the user will always have the advantage as we are actually at 50 Sprint. This is why it can be easy to use R1 dribble past the CPU, or cut across the field to beat multiple players. So raising their Sprint Speed value to 50+ ensures these game breaking events happen less."

You say you use 6 for sprint speed for both the user and CPU, so that would mean when dribbling you are dribbling at 50 sprint speed but the CPU is only running at 6 sprint speed.

I'm wondering why anyone uses anything less than 50/50 for sprint speed.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:23 AM   #2047
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee_Simpson
I mean in terms of this:

"The dribbler is always at 50 speed. So the defending player will be at the Sprint Speed value, meaning if we have the CPU at a 35 Sprint, and the user is dribbling the ball, the user will always have the advantage as we are actually at 50 Sprint. This is why it can be easy to use R1 dribble past the CPU, or cut across the field to beat multiple players. So raising their Sprint Speed value to 50+ ensures these game breaking events happen less."

You say you use 6 for sprint speed for both the user and CPU, so that would mean when dribbling you are dribbling at 50 sprint speed but the CPU is only running at 6 sprint speed.

I'm wondering why anyone uses anything less than 50/50 for sprint speed.
I play Legendary Slow but use 50/50 Sprint Speed. Some of the other testers do play Legendary Default and I might give it a go as the animations aren’t as jittery this year on Default. The 10/10 Sprint Speed is something I’ve thought about as well though. 50/50 Sprint Speed on Default might be too chaotic though. It works on Slow.
Old 02-13-2024, 08:18 AM   #2048
Pro

1860fan's Arena

Hello, quick question. Has anyone already downloaded the new update for the consoles and PC?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »