Home

Fifa defense dilemma

This is a discussion on Fifa defense dilemma within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-08-2023, 08:06 AM   #1
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

OVR: 0
Fifa defense dilemma

As much as i want to play this game i keep struggling with embracing the 2 styles of defense fifa has to offer ( tactical /legacy).

As a player used to legacy over the years i find it broken right now because you can never initiate a tackle or go for a tackle whenevr you feel like and i remember that was always the case with legacy years back.

Ever since they introduced that passive jocky ugly style and unrealistic tactical defense i feel the game has taken a major step back defensively and i just can't get used to tactical because in real life players can attack the ball without throwing dumb miss timed animations.

I tend to use legacy over tactical but then legacy is even more passive when it comes to tackling the players never extract their legs but rather retract their legs everything the dribbler is in range to attack and win the ball. These developers never played real soccer i cab easily tell.

What i want to know is how people with this similar opinion manage to play the game and how because i always played fifa untill pes 20 and 21 now i bought fifa last 2 years after pes flopped and i just cant get used to fifa or at least get a decent feel on HOW to play defense the best way.

Any tips would be appreciated or else imma just delete this game and accelr the fact the defense is broken and im not made for this hot mess. Other then defense the game is decent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2023, 10:24 AM   #2
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Fifa defense dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler79
As much as i want to play this game i keep struggling with embracing the 2 styles of defense fifa has to offer ( tactical /legacy).

As a player used to legacy over the years i find it broken right now because you can never initiate a tackle or go for a tackle whenevr you feel like and i remember that was always the case with legacy years back.

Ever since they introduced that passive jocky ugly style and unrealistic tactical defense i feel the game has taken a major step back defensively and i just can't get used to tactical because in real life players can attack the ball without throwing dumb miss timed animations.

I tend to use legacy over tactical but then legacy is even more passive when it comes to tackling the players never extract their legs but rather retract their legs everything the dribbler is in range to attack and win the ball. These developers never played real soccer i cab easily tell.

What i want to know is how people with this similar opinion manage to play the game and how because i always played fifa untill pes 20 and 21 now i bought fifa last 2 years after pes flopped and i just cant get used to fifa or at least get a decent feel on HOW to play defense the best way.

Any tips would be appreciated or else imma just delete this game and accelr the fact the defense is broken and im not made for this hot mess. Other then defense the game is decent.
I've been struggling with the defense myself. The AI is just so incredibly passive and incapable of reading the play coming at them. I finally got my AFC Richmond team promoted to the Premier League, and our first game against Man City was a 3-0 blowout because the AI is just so awful at reading the play. Similarly, I barely held on to a 2-1 win against Tottenham, again, because my CB's just constantly stand still behind the oncoming play, just waiting until the attackers are literally passing them to finally turn and try to catch up, which isn't happening when it's two players in the high 70's for speed against the likes of Kane, Son and Davies running in full speed.

I want to hold out hope, but seeing as EA hasn't even patched out the slider reset but, among others I'm sure I haven't noticed yet, I'm guessing it's just going to be continued frustration...
Old 07-03-2023, 10:14 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

What difficulty levels are you guys playing on?
Old 07-19-2023, 11:01 AM   #4
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee_Simpson
What difficulty levels are you guys playing on?
If I remember right, I'm on World Class. I might try Professional out and see if maybe the games are still competitive without having the AI that strips the ball off of me the instant I touch it, but also not something where my club that should be challenging for the top 5, but not definitely winning it won't just steamroll every game by 3-0 margins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »