Home

Help me choose a CM team from the Premier League

This is a discussion on Help me choose a CM team from the Premier League within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-13-2020, 07:07 PM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Help me choose a CM team from the Premier League

I do not have a favorite team. I am from the US so do not know any players really. I kind of just randomly decided to buy this after watching a streamer I follow play career mode with Everton.

Since about a month ago I've researched how the England Football League works. I have to say it is pretty cool. Why the heck doesn't USA have a similar deal with relegations and promotions is beyond me.

I live in Indy and I learned our local, Indy Eleven team is in the USL league. Which IF we had the same system would be a league below MLS. I would actually get into it big time if they used the same system and I knew my home team had a chance to play the MLS teams and join their league one day.

Anyways, I need to figure out a team to play with for my career mode. I'm putting in sliders, and custom tactics and formations thanks to the ones posted in the slider forum so thanks to those who helped on those!! I found a really good set of house rules to use on reddit to make the mode more realistic and challenging as well so I'm ready to dive deep into a career mode.

I tried to choose by best looking uniforms and honestly they're all pretty bad to me. Crystal Palace if I had to choose is the best looking to me, but even those aren't that great lol. And Newcastle is a big no btw...I don't wanna run around looking like a damn referee all game. Wtf is that?! Lol

I thought about choosing with random number generator, and may end up doing so but I would rather have more of a reason than that or else I may not stick it out too long lol.

So I decided to make a post and try and get some help deciding! I am completely open to any team except Newcastle because I hate their jerseys. Any help, ideas or insight on some teams and why they would make a good career mode would be greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2020, 07:19 PM   #2
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Help me choose a CM team from the Premier League

Do you want a large team who can buy any player and expect to win everything (yankees, lakers). Do you want a small team who needs to budget and grow your academy? A middle level team who needs to rebuild? Do you want an american player on your new team?

I went through this about a decade ago and went with southampton. I'm a soton fan irl, also.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:25 PM   #3
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder5man
Do you want a large team who can buy any player and expect to win everything (yankees, lakers). Do you want a small team who needs to budget and grow your academy? A middle level team who needs to rebuild? Do you want an american player on your new team?

I went through this about a decade ago and went with southampton. I'm a soton fan irl, also.
It doesn't really matter on that because I will be following strict house rules to keep things fair and balanced. I can buy transfer players but only a player at an average overall of my starting 11 for example is one rule.

I can only use one scout for youth academy and can only scout team country, so England only. Disabling summer transfer window to start the career mode.

There's more but those are examples of a few. So with all of them it doesn't matter how big or small a team is necessarily. I guess a smaller team would take longer to win with for sure though. But at the same time, taking a big team like Liverpool doesn't mean complete yearly domination.

Old 11-13-2020, 07:30 PM   #4
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

My questions were meant to narrow your team search.
Christian Pulisic is the best American player right now. He plays for Chelsea. Chelsea is a big club that is expected to be a top 4 team in the league and go deep into one of the European tournaments.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:34 PM   #5
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school...ld-you-support
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2020, 07:37 PM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
My questions were meant to narrow your team search.
Christian Pulisic is the best American player right now. He plays for Chelsea. Chelsea is a big club that is expected to be a top 4 team in the league and go deep into one of the European tournaments.
Oh nice to know! Chelsea will definitely be on the short list now. Thank you.
Quote:
I will do this and see what it says. Awesome stuff, thank you!

Old 11-14-2020, 04:21 AM   #7
MVP

Not sure whether you're into American Football but Tottenham Hotspur is a club with some pretty close ties to the NFL. They've recently had a new stadium purpose built to host NFL games with a second pitch underneath the regular football one. They host two games a year now alongside the usual two at Wembley Stadium. Tottenham chairmen Daniel Levy has been working closely with Roger Goodell (sp?) and the NFL to achieve this and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a permanent NFL team in London at some point in the next 10-15 years as a result. The stadium itself is incredible and features one of the biggest single tiered stands in the world.

Tottenham as a club are on the rise. Historically, they've been good but never great, but now they're poised to be one of the biggest clubs in the UK and potentially in Europe. They recently made the Champions League final, but have not won any major trophies in a very long time. The club is steeped in history, and its fans are incredibly passionate. They have a rivalry with local club Arsenal, which is one of the more historic rivalries in football.

I think Tottenham would be fun as a club who you should expect to do well with immediately, but should also grow and improve in real life, so it shouldn't become unrealistic as you improve the team and start challenging for titles.

Edit: There's also a series called All or Nothing on Amazon Prime about Tottenham's 2019-20 season. Watching that would help you learn about the players and the club if you were to choose Tottenham. It might help you invest emotionally a little more into your career mode.

Last edited by Mackrel829; 11-14-2020 at 04:29 AM.
Old 11-14-2020, 08:46 AM   #8
Just started!

CountryWesG32's Arena

I really like West Ham United, I too am an American, but I can't say I really follow MLS due to the talent differentials you see when watching the Premier League and others. I didn't want to do Liverpool because it seemed too easy, but I also didn't want to start from the very bottom so I felt like West Ham was a good choice. I had to sign a crucial central midfielder as one of my objectives so I bought Arturo Vidal from Inter, and we won the first season game against Arsenal 5-4 on a header at literally the very end of the game. I look forward to seeing how far I can go with this team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »