Home

FIFA 18 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Content Update Available Now, For FIFA 18

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Content Update Available Now, For FIFA 18 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-29-2018, 12:30 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: FIFA 18 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Content Update Available Now, For FIFA 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Its a re skin of the women's tourney mode with a link to fut on the menu.

Ughhhh. I’ll reserve judgement until I play, but if that’s true, that’s absolutely terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2018, 12:35 PM   #42
MVP

Murph's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 18 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Content Update Available Now, For FIFA 18

I’d like to know if there are new trophies/achievements that come along with the WC update.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1
Old 05-29-2018, 12:35 PM   #43
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy
Ughhhh. I’ll reserve judgement until I play, but if that’s true, that’s absolutely terrible.

Well, I jumped the gun a bit. They've done a bit more with it than just a 1:1 re-skin. But its not what I want, and not what I'm sure many others wanted.

I want to be able to qualify. You can't. It just tourney mode. They've added some new songs and everyone has real kits. New graphics for menus. There doesn't appear to be any new commentary. You can't qualify or anything other than what you can do in the current tourney mode that was already in the game. You can play the actual groups or swap some teams out. They added a sim thing to handle how real group games are played off set and try to show real time updates. But overall its pretty disappointing. I'd rather go back and play 14 or 10 on the PS3/360 than this.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:36 PM   #44
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph
I’d like to know if there are new trophies/achievements that come along with the WC update.

There are not. Free updates like this rarely add that.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:40 PM   #45
Rookie

TMuss's Arena

OVR: 2
FIFA 18 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Content Update Available Now, For FIFA 18

Pulisic finally has a face scan....in the World Cup mode. Unfortunately it doesn’t also apply to the base game. This is stupid.

Last edited by TMuss; 05-29-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2018, 02:49 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

So disappointing -

The editor is just the ability to add a handful of teams and no qualification.

You don’t get to select a 23 man squad - you are stuck with the bloated generic squad which will effectively kill this mode for most people - the whole point of the World Cup is to select 23 players and use that squad efficiently and deal with suspensions and injuries.

Having a 30+ generic squad is just disappointing.

When I say generic it’s real names it’s just a generic selection of English players- England for example is a bloated mess of a squad.

This mode would be cool if you pick your own squad.... Bring Zlatan out of retirement for Sweden....

Take your fave young player and drop him into the national squad etc...

Deal with suspensions etc...

Also very disappointed with edit tournament and lack of “road to World Cup” option.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:01 PM   #47
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

Is the World Cup mode a patch or some sort of DLC? In other words I'm currently at 1.08 and will I have to 'go up' to get the WC mode?

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:01 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy
So disappointing -

The editor is just the ability to add a handful of teams and no qualification.

You don’t get to select a 23 man squad - you are stuck with the bloated generic squad which will effectively kill this mode for most people - the whole point of the World Cup is to select 23 players and use that squad efficiently and deal with suspensions and injuries.

Having a 30+ generic squad is just disappointing.

When I say generic it’s real names it’s just a generic selection of English players- England for example is a bloated mess of a squad.

This mode would be cool if you pick your own squad.... Bring Zlatan out of retirement for Sweden....

Take your fave young player and drop him into the national squad etc...

Deal with suspensions etc...

Also very disappointed with edit tournament and lack of “road to World Cup” option.
I don't understand why they haven't at least reduced the squads to the 23 selected to the World Cup only. Aren't all squads announced already? I won't call this a game breaker, but it hurts immersion a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »